Damned.

12 - Alec

He stalked back up to his room, his eyes peeled. His gaze flicked from one patient to the next, his nerves tingling. He picked up his pace, speeding to his room in hopes of finding some privacy. Bounding into the bleak chamber he locked gazes with his roommate.

"Who're you?" he asked, eyeing the man cautiously.

"Michel," the 25 year old replied. "You?"

Alec gulped. "A-Alec," he stammered, desperately trying to calm his racing heart.

"Pleasure to meet you," the man replied, grinning brightly.

He's lying; he's going to hurt me! He's going to kill me! I have to run! 

Alec nodded all the same, pushing away his terrified thoughts. He took in a few discrete breaths, smiling stiffly at the man. He'd never been the best at trusting people and that wasn't about to change. He was far to suspicious for that.

A knock sounded from the door, a nurse entering quickly. He looked the two men over, assessing the mood surrounding the two before looking at Alec.

"Alcander please follow me," he ordered trying to sound polite.

Gulping Alcander glanced toward his roommate. The man sent him a reassuring look and motioned for him to go. Quietly the teen followed the nurse from his room and stumbled forward, shutting the door softly behind him. The pair walked down to the elevator, stepping in and heading down two floors. Alcander was sure to keep some distance between himself and the nurse, terrified of what he'd do if they accidentally bumped one another. He didn't seem like a nice man. 

"Come on," the man growled, his look sour, leaving the contraption. 

"I-I..." Alec stammered weakly, nearly hyperventilating.

"Go sit there," the nurse snapped, pointing to three chairs sitting along the wall before a door.

Alec did as he was told, his fingers laced together in his lap as he stared at the ground. He waited outside the door a good fifteen-twenty minutes before a young brunette stepped out, her lips set in the Galway smile he'd ever seen.

"Alcander, correct?" she asked. The boy nodded.

"Wh-why?" he stammered. 

"Please come in," she replied.

Alec got up and followed her into the room. She motioned to a chair a little farther away from them before sitting behind her desk. Her patient joined her cautiously, watching her for anything out of the ordinary.

"Well then I guess I should start off with some introductions, huh?" she smiled. Alex gave no reply. "I'm Joanne, first of all; your personal therapist."

"I know," he replied, nodding as he eyed the window, gauging his chances of escape through the small space. Joanne cleared her throat catching Alec's attention again. 

"So Alec, how are you?" she asked, looking him over a few times. 

An emotion flashed in her eyes; a distinct one at that. She was scared of him; he knew it. His initial fear sizzled up into slow burning anger. He glared at her and stood up.

"Are you scared?" he asked. 

"What?" she replied shocked.

"You're scared of me," he repeated. "Why? Why would you be scared of me? What's wrong with me, eh? Why was I thrown into this dump?!"

She shook her head, raising her hands. "No, no! Alec, please sit down so we could start."

"Start what?" he snapped.

"Uh...well...helping you, of course," she explained clearly trying to keep her cool.

"I don't need your 'help'! What do I need your 'help' with anyway? Please, expliquez-vous?!" he shrieked.

"Alec, relax," she cooed in hopes of calming him.

"Or what? You'll inject me with that crap you give everyone else?" he screamed. "You want me to calm down?  Give me fucking answers!"

She whimpered, leaning back in her chair. Her hand rested behind her on the cabinet searching frantically for the help button. She kept her eyes glued to Alec's as her fingers explored the wooden surface behind her. She held back a relieved sigh when she found it and pressed down, triggering the alarm in the nurses quarters. Meanwhile Alec glared at her, impatiently awaiting her response, oblivious to her actions. 

"Christ would you ans-"

The door slammed open. Alec spun around only to be tackled to the ground and viciously pinned there. A pained scream broke past his lips as the nurse stabbed a needle into his arm, injecting the drugs. He slowly calmed down eventually falling unconscious, a second nurse dragging him out and to his room. 

"Thank you," the therapist panted, terrified.

"Always keep a weapon nearby," the male replied. "Especially with him."

"That I will," she agreed. "That I will."
♠ ♠ ♠
I apologize for the long wait >.< school has kept me busy and my computer decided to screw up so I've gotta give the updates on my iPod. It's a good thing we've got that kinda technology, huh? Anyway, so I apologize for any errors in here. I looked it over and got the most of them I think. Anyway, what do you think?