Damned.

21- Hevana

Hevana walked into room 1A a few feet behind 'Sofia'. Dr. De Clercq was standing at the front of the room, a smile pulling at his face. 'See Hevana? He's faking it; no one cares about you here other then me.' She shuddered slightly before sitting down in her seat, careful not to sit next to 'Sofia'.

Everyone slowly trailed in, and before long they were all seated. Hevana stayed looking at her hands whilst Dr. De Clercq was speaking about something. She didn't really hear him because she wasn't listening, but when someone else spoke up, she heard him. “Where's that Alec guy?”

Jakob was the one to ask that question, but as soon as he did, it was like all the others noticed that they were one short of a person in the group. Michel was the only one who didn't just notice that they lacked a person, but he also didn't say a word either. Dr. De Clercq cleared his throat to gain their attention, “Alec had an incident and was taken for a little behavioural correction. Patients are only taken there if their behaviour in the incident is severe enough.”

Hevana bit her lip and looked down to her feet. 'Severe, Hevana, severe. That's how much hurt I feel because of what your mother done.' She felt anger at her mum because she had upset and hurt her father. She made her leave the house and come here, she made her father leave her for the beginning of being here, and she made her father be hurt and sad.

It was safe to say that, slowly, Hevana was growing to hate her mother, the only living relative she has. But that was okay with Hevana, seeing as she didn't believe that her mother loved her because of what she did to her and how she wants to rid herself from her father. She didn't want to lose her father; he meant the world to her.

She wasn't listening or paying attention to what the doctor was saying; her father wasn't talking either. All she was doing was just sitting there, looking down. The Alec incident no longer had her interest like it did only five or so minutes ago. It wasn’t like she didn’t care about what happened to him, because she was slightly curious to the fact of what the incident was to warrant being taken for behavioural correction.

She didn’t get a good feeling from that fact, because the way that she heard the doctor say that, wasn’t a good way. She felt a little scared for Alec, even though she didn’t really know him or talk to him.

She started to pay attention as the doctor finished up the session. “Take note of what happens when you play up and don’t cooperate with the rules and nurse here. Alec has to learn through some behavioural correction so you should learn through his mistakes. You are all dismissed,” some people nodded when the doctor said that before standing up and leaving the room. Hevana stood up and was about to leave the room when she heard herself being called back.

‘It’s a trick Hevana, don’t go back.’ Hevana froze, unsure about whether to listen to the doctor or not. Her father had just told her that it was a trick, but the doctor had just told them that they should cooperate with the nurses here, so wouldn’t that mean the doctors too? ‘I thought you loved me, Hevana.’ She did love her father.

“Hevana, your one on one session with Dr. Luyen has been moved. Instead of going back to your room, head over to your session now,” the doctor said, not bothered waiting for Hevana to actually go to him like he had requested. It was obvious that she wasn’t going to move to him anytime soon, and he just wanted to get back to his room and be away from the patients for a while.

The sessions with Dr. Luyen, Hevana didn’t like. She hasn’t had too many with him, but a few from which she’s decided, with the help of her father of course, that she didn’t like him. He asked too much, and expected her to talk to him. She doesn’t like him, so why would she talk to him? She didn’t need a personal therapist, like she didn’t need to be here.

Her father said, and she believed it too.

After being shooed away by Dr. De Clercq to go to her session, Hevana shuffled down the corridor nervously. Her fingers danced up her arms with nerves as she was holding around her body. Reaching the door of Dr. Luyen’s room, she took a deep breath and shuddered. Raising her fist, she went to knock on the door but pulled back just as she was going to. Even though she had seen him before, she was still nervy about these sessions.

Just as she was about to knock on the door, it opened and Dr. Luyen was standing there, as if he had known she was outside. “I thought you were lost for a minute or something, Hevana. Please come in,” the way he spoke spooked Hevana out. It was too personal for her.

Hevana stepped into the room and sat down in the chair that she always sat in when in this room. A moment later, Dr. Luyen joined her on the other side of the desk that was in front of her. “So, how are you doing today Hevana?” he questioned, a smile bright on his face as if they were two friends talking about the weather or something.

How nice he was creeped Hevana out because she didn’t think that the people here were nice. They were horrible, and here he was, being nice and smiley.

“I-I just want to go home,” she whispered, her fingers scratching at her leg’s fabric. She was sat so that her hair was shielding her face from Dr. Luyen. It was a nice feeling, being shielded.

Dr. Luyen sighed and placed his pen down on the desk in front of him; the smile was still intact on his face, “You say that every session Hevana, and it’s the only thing you say for the entire session. I can only send you home if you talk to me. I want you to be able to go back home as soon as possible Hevana, I really do. But for that to happen, you have to talk to me for me to help you.”

‘He’s a liar Hevana, he doesn’t want to help you, he wants to get rid of me. He’s just lying to you.’ She shook her head, her father’s words seeping into her mind. “You lie; you don’t want to help me! Lie, lie, lie!” the words flew out of her mouth without meaning so. “You just want to take him away from me! You’re horrible, horrible!”

Even though this had been the most Hevana had spoken in one of her sessions with him, Dr. Luyen was slowly becoming concerned with how she was acting. “Who’s telling you this, Hevana? Because they’re lying, I’m only here to help you. That’s all I’m here for, to help you get better,” he asked, trying to calm her down with his words.

“Liar!” she screeched. As soon as she stood up from her seat, Dr. Luyen searched for the help button on his desk. He knew what made her mother admit her here, and he didn’t want to experience anything violent like the other therapist have experienced.

“I wouldn’t lie to you Hevana, now please, calm down,” he soothed to her, trying to provide time for him to find the button and the nurses to come and take her back to her room. Hevana shook her head; she was enraged that this doctor would dare to call her father a liar. He would never lie to her, never.

“You’re lying! Why are you lying?!” she slammed her heads down on his desk which made the desk shake a bit and the pressure of her body weight made it move back a little bit. By now, Dr. Luyen had found the button and pressed it with his finger quickly.

“How could you lie?!” Hevana was screaming now, the whispers of her father had carried on making her angrier about how the doctor was lying about him. Her hand lifted up from the desk and swept the contents of the desk onto the floor, paperwork flew everywhere.

Finally the nurses arrived at the room and grabbed at Hevana. The only struggling she made was as she was shouting at Dr. Luyen, “Daddy’s not a liar,” whilst trying to reach at him. When she was pricked by the needle, she whimpered out a quiet, “Daddy,” before becoming unconscious in the nurse’s arms. Two of them dragged her out and off to her room whilst the other one stayed in the room.

“She just went crazy, kept calling me a liar. Nothing triggered her to do so, it just happened. I thought this girl wasn’t as violent as the others?” the therapist questioned the nurse.

“She’s not, or at least she hadn’t been up until now. We misjudged her, you misjudged her. Let’s not make that mistake again, doctor, right?” the nurse replied.

All Dr. Luyen did was nod as the nurse left his office.
♠ ♠ ♠
I realised that Hevana never had a one on on session written before, so here it is.