Damned.

25- Hevana

Hevana's mind was slowly tearing her apart over the fact that she knew she had to listen and go along with the group, even the 'Sofia', but her father was telling her not to.

'If you love me Hevana you won't listen to them. They just want to turn you against me, they want to get rid of me.'

Shaking her head and blinking several times over, as if that would clear away her father's voice, Hevana noticed that Jakob was looking around at everyone as each person stood around waiting to see what he would say first. Hevana was quietly willing herself not to freak out and make whatever was happening any harder than it already was.

But it was proving slightly difficult for her because her father just wouldn't shut up.

“Alright, this map shows each hallway of the building and where each rooms are. We all know that we simply cannot stay here; we've all experienced something that most mental facilities wouldn't have done there. There's five of us which makes us not quite a small group but hardly a large group,” Jakob spoke, everyone watching him and listening to his words.

'He's taking command Hevana, he just wants to kill you all.' Hevana squeezed her eyes shut before gripping her hair tightly. She didn't want to believe her father – Jakob was a good guy right? - but she's depended and listened to him for a long time.

Hevana squeaked when someone touched her. Opening her eyes, she looked around at the group of people, most of who were staring at her.

“Sorry,” she whispered, mostly to her father but also to the group.

“We have a set of keys but we don't know what they are for, though I presume that some of them are for the doors and other items that may be locked.” Jakob continued.

'See? Where did they get the keys from? They're plotting against you. I always told you Sofia was evil.'

If only her mother never deserted her here. She'd never be doubting her father now, she wouldn't be thinking that her father was right and they were plotting against them and most of all, she wouldn't be stuck in this room with someone her father said wanted to kill them, commanding them.

“Okay, we have to stick together and try and make our way out of this place. When we leave this room no one wander away, okay? We don't know where everyone is or what they're capable of,” Jakob said to everyone which had people nodding as if they were telling him that they weren't going to wander.

'Why is everyone listening to what he says? Why is it only him talking? I told you Hevana.'

Crowding around the door, the group stared at the hallway. The light was still flickering ever so menacingly which was almost warning them not to leave the room. Almost as if it wanted to scare them into staying in the room, waiting for whatever doctor would come and find them and ultimately dooming themselves to whatever fate came of the ones who went for 'behavioural correction'.

Hevana didn't want to know what happened for the blood to be on the wall, she didn't want to even go near it but they had to get out of the room and by doing so they would have to pass it.

Getting the door open was almost a task itself because it was like they were all hesitant on getting out of the room because the room was safe, as far as they could see. But the hallway was not safe. The blood was a clear indication of that.

'You're still choosing to ignore me Hevana. It's not very nice of you.' It was getting harder to ignore her father.

Michel was the first one out of the group to step into the hallway before each of the other patients left the room and entered the hallway.

“We should keep close together and by the walls,” Sam said which everyone complied to and made sure they were at least touching the clothing of the person in front of them as they moved along the hallway.

They had the torches, the keys and the map with them. It was a good thing they had the torches because as they continued down the hallway and past the trail of blood on the wall, the lights dimmed even more and began flickering more radically.

“The lights are hurting my eyes,” 'Sofia' moaned which had a few others agreeing with her.

Jakob and Michel, who were leading the group, decided to head towards the left hallway. Each of the others followed after them.

As they got further and further away from the room, Hevana got more nervous and frustrated. The frustration was from the fact that her father was doing nothing but speaking to her which wasn't do good for her and the concentrating she was supposed to have.

Just as they were about to turn down another hallway, they all got a fright of their life.

A loud bang was heard followed by complete darkness.

The emergency lights had blown.
♠ ♠ ♠
This is rather short. I'm sorry.