Status: I'll try to update whenever I can. :)

I'm the Deer In Your Headlights

1

I rushed down an isle of target, hoping that I wouldn’t be that late to my parents’ house. I had just graduated college not even two weeks ago, and rented an apartment room, so I had a place to stay. My parents’ were strict when I came late, or if I was impolite, I was sure I was in for it this time.

Not paying any attention, I slammed into something hard, and ending up falling on the concrete. I looked up to see a guy standing over me shocked. He had light brown hair, but barley any on his head. His eyes just lit up, the way the sun touched them perfectly.

I looked down, staring at my scattered groceries. He had picked some of them up, while I had been gazing off into his eyes. I shook my head, picking up the rest of them. He offered his hand toward me, “I’m sorry about that,” his voice had an angel-like tone.

I took his hand generously, “I should have been watching where I was going. I was in a rush.”

He chuckled, “What’s your name?”

“Kylie,” I answered breathlessly.

“That’s a pretty name. Mine’s Rian.” He flashed a smile. “Let me help you get these to your car. I don’t want you falling down again,” He smirked.

I rolled my eyes, “Okay.” I smiled back at him. We started walking to my car, I didn’t care that I was late now. If I was going to be late, at least have something to be late for. “So, do you live around here?”

“No, I’m just visiting. What about you?”

“Well, I just graduated college, and I rented an apartment here for a little while.” I told him.

“Why here?” He looked at me curiously.

“My parents live in this town; I’m supposed to be at their house right now. Since I’m really late, I guess their on the edge of killing me right now.” We had now reached my car.

He laughed, as we put the groceries in the trunk. "Well, Kylie, maybe we can go out for coffee sometime."

"Yeah, I'll give you my number if you want." I searched my pockets for paper. "I think there's some paper in the front." I unlocked the car and found a paper in the front. I scribbled across the paper, and gave it to him. "I loved talking to you, but I've got to go."

"Bye," he waved.

I waved back getting in my car, watching him walk back to the store. I pulled out, seeing him off in the distance with three people, laughing.

*

"You're late!", My mother scolded.

"I know I'm sorry, I was preoccupied." I smiled for a second, but it quickly faded.

"Oh well, let's go out for lunch", My father stepped in
♠ ♠ ♠
Here's the first chapter. I hope you liked it. Comment? Please?

Like Sex On Toast

Daughter Of Poseidon

These are the awsome author's.