Status: Active but currently experiencing some technical difficulties (a.k.a.- major writer's block)

My Eternal Damnation

Ch.1- Reflections

~Now~

I laid my palms flat on the surface of the human-length mirror in front of me. My forehead pressed against the glass as I stared at myself: my pale-white, albino-like complexion; my long, flowy, glossy-black hair that crawled halfway down my back; my pale, dusty-gray eyes that scrutinized me under their strangely short-cut lashes. Would any of it change? Is this how people would always see me? Will I still be the same virtuous-looking but secretly mischievous girl five years from now?

Five years?...I can't believe it's already been five whole years. Will she still come for me?

I was old enough now to know that was no angel I had conspired with. No. Maybe a demon or even the devil itself, but definitely no angel.

My mother finally got a decent job, and we moved to a nice suburban neighborhood with green grass, neatly painted fences, and the works. Since then she has grown higher up in society. We can afford just about anything now. But even though we live so much farther away from that dreaded home in Tijuana, Mexico then I could have ever hoped, there wasn't a doubt in my mind that she wouldn't find me. Whoever or whatever she was, she would find me.

A quiet knock came at my door though it was already open. I looked over to see my mother smiling. "Elena dear, if you're looking for any sign of age, you're not going to find any." Was that supposed to be a joke? I don't get it. "Come on already. Wipe that frown off your face. You have a party to get ready for." She took a quick glance around my room and then it was her turn to frown. "Look at this room. You should add some life in here, Elena. Now, I know you have more personality then this." And then, without another word, she disappeared back down the hall.

I looked around my room. She was right. The whole room was bare...empty...dead. The walls were paper-white. Nothing hanged on them besides my mirror. The floor was completely void of any signs of clutter or misplace. The dominant color in the room was white. In fact, there was very little to no color at all. If you have ever watched Uptown Girls and seen Ray's room, then you kind of have a feel as to what I mean...but without the whole childish, snobbish tone to it. The truth is I never saw the point in exaggerating and embodying myself in my room. I knew I was one day going to be taken away from here, and I'd rather be spending every last minute I had left with family and friends, rather then needless materialistic hobbies.

I sighed and grabbed my new purple dress with black lace fringe. The dress was nicely fitted but still a bit uncomfortable. I didn't usually dress up this immensely for silly occasions like my birthday, but my mother insisted I look admirable on my thirteenth year, the birthday to start off the beginning of my golden teens...or in this case to begin my life in, what could quite possible be, hell.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry that was so short. It's made to be more of a filler for what's to come next. I can't promise the next time I post, because my Granny just died today and I have 9 weeks testing until Wed. but I'll try to post as soon as I can. Btw, I just updated the character page. The only one on there right now is Elena, but there is more to come, I promise. Your comments and messages will make me really happy! (a happy Casey = longer and faster posts) XP

<3-----CaSeY