Don't Tell Them Where I Live Now.

The Beginning.

I never thought I would be one of those kids that were ungrateful. I never thought I was going to be the bitchy daughter that no parent wanted, and as much as I tried... I couldn't stop my snide remarks from coming.

"Want something to eat before the drive?" My mom suggested, a weak smile upon her face as she turned to face us from the front seat. My father drove the only car we own now, since we sold the others.

"Don't we need that money for something else, mom?" I spat, my eyes rolling in her direction then rolled again to look out the window.

"Tabitha, don't talk to your mother like that." My father barked from the front seat. I mimicked him quietly and just closed my eyes. Saying "bye" to Skyler was so hard, he was my best friend. Neither of us were prepared, and that's what hurt the most.

"She's just sad because she doesn't have her little boy friend." My little brother, Willy, howled. None of our parents were tickled by William's joke and he ended up getting back handed, which served him right.

"Skyler is not her boyfriend, they are best friends, William." Our mother hissed before turning around. I sent him an amused expression then looked away. We were only two years apart, William being fifteen and I being seventeen; our oldest sister is nineteen.

After two hours of driving, we made it to a small dinky neighborhood with nicely spaced houses. That was the only plus I could find so far, was the little privacy given. Actually, I didn't even want to get out of the car. Ghetto looking guys were standing at the corner of the street, glaring at us and talking to each other.

"Mom, this sucks." I mumbled, genuinely afraid for my life now. Willy got out of the car like nothing, he smelt the air and chuckled.

"Smells like home, sis. Get over it." He coldly told me before going to the back of the car and grabbed his suitcase.

"Shut up, twerp." I spat and slowly unbuckled my seat belt. I held the cuffs of my long sleeved shirt tightly and bit the inside of my lip. My hair danced in the wind as the cool breeze blew through it. "I guess the weather is nice, not hot like back home."

"That a girl." My dad chuckled, rubbing his hand over my head. I swatted him away with a weak smile, putting on a brave act for my parents. It's not like being mean and rude would change anything, so why complicate things more?

"After we finish putting our things inside, would you like me to drive you by the high school? School should be in session, it is Monday." Our mom proposed and my dad gave us a smile with an expression that meant 'do it'.

"Sure." William and I both answered in unison. I grabbed the two suitcases I had left, you see our parents packed all of our things while we were in school and had it sent out here, when we got home we found everything empty aside from the few things we have now. Hence why I blame them for me not being mentally prepared for this move.

The house was small, it smelt musky and I knew whomever lived here had cats. I slowly walked down the small hallway and found only four doors, one lead to the master, one to a bathroom that connected with the master, and two were small bedrooms that barely fit our beds.

"Great." I whispered as I found my room, we didn't even have the beds we used to. I went from a Queen to a Full, if that. I took in a deep breath, hating myself for being so materialistic.

"You ready to go sweetie? We still have to go down to the school!" My mom didn't even have to yell that loud, she was too used to our big house. I tightly closed my eyes for a moment, repeating to myself that I can do this and left the room.

"Of course." I replied with a smile, William came out of his room and stuffed his ear buds in his ear. Which of course meant he too was ready, and our father just smiled at us.

"I'm going to stay here, and get things together." Our father told us, giving our mom a kiss before we left. I called shot gun, as usual, and sat up front. Slouching down slightly as we drove down the horrible streets of the ghetto.

"They stare a lot." My mom whispered, I didn't know if she was talking to me or herself. But I decided to answer anyways.

"I'm going to get raped." I matter of factly spoke, my eyes wide as some guy winked at me. I turned straight ahead and just stared with a straight expression. "I'm going to dye my hair dark."

"Tabitha." My mom sighed and I shook my head violently.

"This blond-ish hair isn't going to help me at all, especially when the natural strands that turn blond start showing if I'm out in the sun too long." I whined, and slouched even more in the chair. I pulled the hood that's built in this long sleeve over my head and sighed.

"The school you'll be going to isn't bad at all." She tried changing the subject, and that was the only thing I could look forward too. When we pulled up to the main office, I noticed prissy girls in uniforms and the guys looking pretty good.

"Uniforms?" William gasped from the back seat.

"Oh, he's alive!" I teased, of which he kicked the back of my seat in return. I turned around and pulled his leg hair, since his basketball shorts are riding up.

"Both of you quit it!" Our mom screamed, causing us both to sit back in our seats; military style. "Now, we have to go in and get your uniforms."

"So that's what we're really here for." I growled, tired of all the lies.

"I'm sorry I didn't tell you." She immediately apologized.

"I'm used to it." I groaned, unbuckling my seat belt and getting out. I slammed the door shut, and leaned my back against it. Once my mom was done checking herself in the mirror, she grabbed her bag and we followed her inside.

"Hey." Some guy behind the counter greeted, he looked me over with his gray eyes and a sly grin.

"Jacen, get out of here." Another guy with blond hair laughed, shoving the black haired guy out of the way. They both laughed until the other guy realized we were there. "Oh ma'am, I'm sorry for my unprofessional-ness, how can I help you?"

"We're here to pick up uniforms." My mom answered, with a playful roll of her eyes. The dyed blond haired guy, with soft green eyes, kept glancing at me and flashing a light smile before turning his attention back to his mom.

"Names?" He replied, touching the computer and clicking some keys. That other guy, Jacen, was leaning against the wall with his arms folded and kept looking me over. I brushed strands of hair behind my ear and stood there with my arms folded across my stomach.

"Oh yes, Stryder. Tabitha and William?" He questioned, and my mom nodded. "I'm limited to the access, being a student myself, so I can only ask how you spell your last name to verify. There's no numbers or addresses that I can see."

"Yes, it's S. Tee. Are. Why. Dee. E. Are." My mom spelled out and he nodded, before spinning around and stood up.

"I need them to come with me so that I can have them fitted." He was so friendly, and cute. William shrugged and followed, I on the other hand was more hesitant.

"I'll be right here." My mom assured and took a seat. I followed the guy into a room where an older lady was sitting.

"What's wrong, Kaleb?" She inquired, not looking up from her computer.

"New students, they need fitted." The guy, Kaleb, answered.

"Then go take them to the back." She growled, obviously slightly annoyed.

"Well one is a chick." He whined and she glanced up, looked me over then turned her attention back to him.

"You act like you haven't met an attractive girl before, there's changing rooms. Let her pick out the sizes, now go." She ordered and he nodded, turning slightly red.

"Come with me." He lightly laughed and we followed him to a stage room, maybe for drama class? "So what grades are you guys in?"

"Sophomore." William answered, with a proud grin.

"Good luck." Kaleb laughed, causing William's smile to fade.

"What does that mean? I'm not a freshmen." William immediately became paranoid.

"We work things differently down here." Kaleb shortly answered and turned to me. "And you?"

"I just want to get my stuff and go." I spat, with a roll of my eyes.

"She's just upset because of the move." William assured Kaleb.

"Huh." Kaleb shrugged, and opened a cabinet filled with clothes. They were marked from different sizes.

"Skirts? I don't do skirts." I shook my head and he rose a brow.

"You can wear leggings under them." He shrugged and I closed my eyes tightly.

"How many are we getting?" I questioned and he furrowed his brows.

"Two, for when you have the other one getting washed." He explained and I sighed.

"Can I get one skirt, and one pants?" I pouted, with the puppy dog look.

"Whatever." He shrugged and pulled out some pants. "Here."

"Thanks." I appreciated with a smile and went to the back, trying all of them on.

After trying on multiple uniforms, I found my sizes. William found his, and Kaleb escorted us back to the front. He apologized to my mom about the long wait, and had her sign a paper stipulating that we got our uniforms.

"You have a good day." Kaleb called, and my mom wished the same for him. William was looking around frantically, afraid of what Kaleb had said and I just walked out unfazed with an annoyed expression.

"I don't want them knowing that we just moved, William. I don't want anyone to know where we live. So don't tell them where we live now!" I screamed as we got inside the car.

"Calm down, Tabs. William knows that." My mom hushed with a concerned expression.

"Well, I didn't know. But... Now I do." William shrugged. "I don't see the big deal."

"They all live in those houses." I spat, pointing out the window to mini-mansion looking homes. I turned around in my seat just to see William's expression in the back seat, and just as I figured, his jaw dropped.

"Wow." He breathed out. "Reminds me of home."

"See, that's why they can't know where we live." I was begging my little brother basically. I turned back around and slouched down again, tears filled my eyes as I held my old phone that doesn't send/receives texts or calls, but is still useful with contacts and pictures/videos. This is going to be just lovely... I could tell...
♠ ♠ ♠
What do you guys' think so far? :)
Please let me know in the comments, thank you. <3