Don't Tell Them Where I Live Now.

Liquor Store

Running all day in class was exhausting. I slowly walked in my uniform, kind of limping, and made it to my locker. Once I opened the locker, it was slammed shut. I looked at the perpetrator and seen Jacen.

"What?" I groaned, and tried re-opening my locker. But sadly, he just held it closed.

"Party, this weekend, you, me. Let's go." He proposed, with a quick raise of his brows and a sly grin.

"No." I denied and tried to open my locker again. "Quit it!"

"Not till you agree to go with me." He pouted, and stood right in front of my locker. His blue eyes intensely stared into my brown ones.

"I said no." I repeated, and tried to reach my arm behind him.

"And I said, I'm not moving till you say yes." He chuckled, staring down at me. I glanced up and narrowed my eyes.

"I'm not even sure if I'm going." I sighed and he laughed.

"Of course you're going." He assured, causing me to raise my brow.

"How are you so sure?" I inquired, with my lips pursued together.

"Because it's the first party of the year, and you're new. You need to make your reputation. See you there, babe." He winked and walked off to catch up to Kenny. I rolled my eyes after watching him run off and turned back to my locker to see Sebastian standing there.

"Geeze!" I shrieked and jumped back. "Freakin, you scared me!"

"Jacen didn't seem to scare you." Sebastian pouted. With his arms folded, he leaned against the lockers next to mine.

"Jacen is a freak." I justified with a laugh.

"Then what does that make me, if a freak doesn't scare you but I do?" Sebastian questioned, which he made a good point. I thought about it for a moment and smiled.

"Well you just gave me a nice fright that I smile after wards. Where as he, he just left a stench and me rolling my eyes." I groaned, wrinkling my nose at the left over Axe smell that Jacen left.

"That's good." Sebastian cheekily smiled and waited for me to get my stuff. "Ready for Science?"

"Oh yeah." I sarcastically replied with a fake big smile. Sebastian wrapped an arm around me and walked me to our class.

After Science it was sixth period, History. I groaned and took a seat next to Kaleb. He didn't look happy, instead he was glaring at Jacen whom is sitting in the front.

"You okay?" I whispered, as everyone was getting seated.

"Yeah." He quickly answered, with a shrug.

"Are you sure?" I continued, only because I was worried about him. I admired his dyed blond hair, and beautiful green eyes that have specks of blue. I found myself getting lost in checking him out and slowly came back to reality as the teacher went to the front.

"Friday is our Senior day, where you guys don't wear your uniforms. Every sixth period is supposed to be telling this to their class, so listen up. Just because it's no uniform day, doesn't mean you don't dress out for PE anymore. It also doesn't mean you can wear inappropriate clothes, tube tops are not allowed. Saggy pants that have no belt and your ass hanging out for some prison inmate to come snag, isn't allowed neither." Our teacher went off, causing each of us to laugh. "With that said, dress appropriately on Friday."

"Why tell us now? When it's only Wednesday?" Delsey politely asked and the teacher laughed.

"Because some people aren't coming tomorrow because they think they can get out of the speech and wear what they want." Delsey nodded at the answer and turned to Kenny with a smile, those two chatting up a storm.

After class Kaleb collected his things, Delsey came and walked by me with a groan.

"I hate homework." She sighed and I just laughed.

"Me too." I answered, as Kenny came over.

"I just don't do it." He chuckled.

"Hence why you're failing, dumb ass." Delsey joked and walked off.

"Am not." Kenny furrowed his brows. "I can't fail, they'll kick me off the football team."

"Football?" I inquired with a smile.

"Yeah." He shrugged, while walking next to me. Kaleb and Jacen didn't speak to each other as they came over to collect Kenny.

"Come on." Kaleb growled, and Jacen rolled his eyes.

"What's going on with you two?" Kenny asked and Kaleb put his hand up.

"I'll explain later." Kaleb snapped and walked off, with Jacen and Kenny following. I rose a brow as the three left when Sebastian came beside me.

"So what are you wearing friday?" Sebastian made conversation as we walked to the front gates.

"Not sure yet." I shrugged and he chuckled.

"I'm sure whatever it is, it'll look cute." He winked and glanced over at the Mercedes with tinted windows. "That's my dad's."

"Nice." I commented and he shrugged.

"When I'm not with my mom, I'm with him." He answered and turned to his vehicle. Then he looked over his shoulder. "See you tomorrow."

"Okay. See you then." I waved and started looking for my mom's small car. I rolled my eyes at the realization that I had to walk home. Good thing I wasn't wearing the skirt today. Suddenly a car rolled up and I recognized Whitney.

"Why are you walking?" Whitney called, pacing me.

"She probably lives so close she walks, duh." Roxilyn snarled and turned to me. "Want a ride?"

"No thanks, I enjoy walking." I retorted and they both shrugged.

"See you tomorrow!" They called in unison and sped off. I took in a deep breath and quickly ducked between alleys and started walking home, in the opposite direction they drove off too.

The street was cold, actually it was chilly down here. The ground was wet from people's sprinklers just spraying every where. It smelt of rain, which I didn't mind. But once I made it home, I noticed we didn't even have the vehicle. That's why my mom didn't take me to school.

"Mom?" I called, opening the door. I closed it behind me and dropped my bag on the floor. I went down the small hall, and opened her door. Nope, she wasn't there. After closing her door, I went in the kitchen where I found a note.

Going out, I have a job interview and I've met new people. Be back, whenever.

I crumbled the note up and tossed it back on the counter. I opened the fridge and groaned at the lack of food. I went to my room and slipped my clothes off. I grabbed a long sleeved shirt with the thumb cut out on the cuffs, it's a deep red color. I also slid on some black skinnies and put my shoes on. I remember on the walk here a liquor store, and I counted the money I have with a smile, and headed down there.

"Good evening." The guy behind the counter greeted, he was older with a trimmed beard.

"Hi." I shyly greeted, walked over to their nachos and grabbed a small contained that has chips & opened it. I poured the nacho cheese on it from the machine, then closed it. Grabbed a coke and went to the counter.

"You must be new down here?" He casually made conversation.

"Yeah, just moved in about a week ago." I shrugged with a smile.

"I see you walked today, all the way to that nicer school. That's very dangerous." He spoke like a father figure and lightly smiled at me.

"My dad left us, with my little brother. No car. I gotta do what I gotta do." I didn't mean to tell him my life story, but it felt good to finally say something to someone about it.

"Oh. I'm sorry. You know, we're hiring for a part time worker. Think you might be interested?" He smiled, looking me over as if to see if I looked appropriate for the job.

"I would actually like that." I returned the smile and thanked him as he handed me an application.

"Fill this out, and tomorrow if you can drop it off?" He asked and I smiled.

"Maybe, I can do it right now?" I suggested and his smile faded.

"Wont your mother be worried?" He inquired and I shrugged.

"She's not home right now." I frowned, at which he nodded and handed me a pen.

"We have a small table with two chairs just outside the liquor store here." He gestured to the door leading outside. I looked through the big glass windows and nodded.

"Thank you again, so much." I went outside and immediately started to fill it out. I recalled my street name and barely remembered the number. Once I was done, I quickly got up and handed him the application.

"Come by tomorrow, I'll have everything filled out and you can start work right after school." He informed and I grinned.

"Thank you again." I repeated for what felt like the hundredth time.

"No child, thank you. I try to get respectful young adults, to work here. I'm glad I can help." He smiled with a nod and went back to work. I grabbed my nachos, and coke then headed home.
♠ ♠ ♠
She's getting a job at the ghetto liquor store hahaha nice right?

Sorry for late updates, I actually got a job and I've been helping my sister-in-law do some shiz at her place... Kinda busy life lol thank you for reading <3