Don't Tell Them Where I Live Now.

Knife.

I opened the glass door to the liquor store, the little bell clinking against the door as it moved. I smiled at the older guy behind the counter and walked over.

"Hi." I greeted, taking my red jacket off and sat it down.

"Good evening, Tabitha. You can call me Stanley, I actually have my son working tonight as well. He'll be here in a minute, I usually have at least two people working. Sometimes three, but that would include me." Stanley, my boss, informed with a smile. I returned the smile and looked around. "Let me give you a quick run over on how to use the register."

BAM! After about thirty minutes of being taught how to use the register the door swung open, a guy wearing a deep purple sweater, and black skinny jeans came in. His ear phones blaring with music, and his back pack thrown on the floor behind the counter.

"Hey dad." He greeted, then looked me over. "This is?"

"Tabitha." His father answered, and smiled at me.

"Nice to meet you." I reached my hand out and slowly he took it.

"I'm Nathan, but everyone calls me Nate." He introduced himself and turned to his dad. "You heading out?"

"Yes, I have everything. I already taught her how to use the register." Stanley grinned, kissed his son on the head, and walked out after saying 'bye' with 'good luck'.

"Good luck for what?" I asked Nathan as he neatly put his iPod down.

"We get people that try to steal from here all the time." He answered with a chuckle. "There's a group of guys that hang out here, I guess it's their turf. So they look out for us."

"Oh." I whispered with a raise of my brows. They get people that try to rob them? This should be interesting.

"Yeah. So what school do you go too? I don't see you around my school, not that I think?" He quirked a brow and I shrugged.

"I'm homeschooled." I lied, I didn't want him to know. Especially if he went to the ghetto school.

"Oh nice. So you can work a lot then?" He suggested, with a grin.

"Doesn't mean I don't have work I have to do." I answered, trying to keep it short.

"My dad already told me, you know. I guess you aren't very trustworthy, I'll have to keep an eye on you." He sighed. Immediately my head darted in his direction and I frowned.

"I just don't want people to know." I whispered, looking at my hands.

"Why not?" He insisted on talking about ME, oh how I hated it.

"Because." I answered, which wasn't much of an answer.

"Look, if we're going to be working together. I need to know more about you." He pressed, but was it him wanting to get to know me because we were working together or as amo to get back at me?

"Fine! Okay? I live down here and go to school down there, and I don't want them knowing! Okay?!" I screamed, luckily there was no one at the liquor store right now.

"Finally, some truth." He chuckled, God was he annoying. But I couldn't help but like his baby face, not many guys have that soft toned face like he does. I rolled my eyes to the opposite direction, not wanting to find anything sweet about this guy. "Look a customer..."

"Good." I mumbled, and turned to the customer with a smile. But once I seen a knife in his hand, I wasn't smiling anymore. I backed away, and just stared.

"Give me the money." The guy muffled, with narrowed eyes, and a bandana over his face.

"Fuck you." Nathan spat back, and grabbed a shot gun. I stared with my mouth open at the two and fell to the ground. Until I heard laughing. I slowly got up and seen the guy was laughing with Nathan, they did a hand shake thing and the guy grabbed a coke.

"Have a good day, man." The guy called over his shoulder after paying and left. I slowly got up with furrowed brows.

"What the hell?" I growled, hearing Nathan chuckle.

"That was just my friend." Nathan assured, putting a hand on my shoulder. I shoved him away and shook my head with tears forming.

"That wasn't funny." I spat.

"Okay, okay. I'm sorry, I didn't mean for it to tramatize you." He apologized, with his bottom lip pouting out.

"Whatever." I mumbled and shook my head. I felt like walking out, but I needed the money. So, I would suck it up...
♠ ♠ ♠
lol sorry it's so short and choppy... Gotta get busy on my day... :] love ya all!!! <3