Don't Tell Them Where I Live Now.

Bad day.

Shocked would be the only appropriate emotion I can give when I came into my room to find a bunk bed, along with a sleeping body on the bottom. The dark brown hair, with some blond hints all messy and ruffled.

"Mom?" I called after closing my door, she came out of her room and leaned against the door frame.

"Good surprise huh?" She replied with a smile, sipping on something in a coffee cup.

"I'm not sure about good." I frowned, my lips curling in one direction creating a skeptical expression.

"His parents are going through a hard time right now." She explained, looking down at the floor. "He was out of control, when you left." She added, slowly shifting her eyes to meet mine.

"So you figured he could just live with us? Do you understand you can barely feed us?" I wanted her to know what she was doing, did she even think about all the other requirements?

"You have a job, Tabitha. I'm just worried about the bills." She spat with a roll of her eyes. "And I can tell you're eating." She harshly stated and went in her room. I narrowed my eyes then lifted my shirt to look at my gut and sighed.

"Don't listen to her, you look good." Tristan randomly appeared, eating a sandwich. He slightly opened the door and peered in. "I don't know why he isn't sharing a room with me, we're both guys."

"He's been my best friend since we were in the womb." I defended and he shrugged.

"And? That doesn't change your gender. With my kids, this shit wouldn't be happening." He stated and closed the door. "Want a bologna sandwich?"

"No thanks." I cringed and went inside the room; quietly. But of course, Skyler some how heard and all I heard was grunts. Slowly he rolled over and was not laying on his back, he turned his head to the side and opened his sky blue eyes.

"Tabitha?" He whispered, a small smile appearing on his face. I lightly smiled back and grabbed my clothes. "What are you doing?"

"I'm getting ready for work." I lightly laughed at the idea, and slowly went to the door.

"No hug?" He pouted, and I turned around.

"You didn't get up." I pointed out then walked into the bathroom. Once I was done changing, I neatly folded my uniform and placed it on the top bunk.

"What are you wearing? You look like a guy." He yawned, standing up. He was a good five inches taller than me.

"That's the point." I mused and grabbed the wig.

"A wig too?" He cringed and shook his head.

"If you haven't noticed where we live." I started but he cut me off with a kiss. I slightly backed away and furrowed my brows at him.

"Sorry." He sheepishly apologized, rubbing the back of his neck. I stared intensely at him as he looked down. I smiled and once he looked up, I wrapped my arms around him and kissed him again. Once we broke away, I bit my bottom lip and grabbed the wig that's now on the floor and left.

All I could think about at work is what happened with Skyler and I. Was it because we hadn't seen each other for so long? I mean, we did lose our virginity's together, but we vowed not to do that again; not that it was possible but meaning the sex part between us. I huffed and leaned over the counter, scratching at the wig.

"Yo." Nathan entered, an annoyed expression on his face.

"You two have fun." Stanley, the owner, called over his shoulder while grabbing a coat. "It looks like we might have a storm today. If you want, I'll pick you both up after work?"

"No thanks, I can walk." I politely denied with a small smile. Stanley nodded and looked at Nathan.

"I'm sure you'll be a gentlemen and walk her home?" Stanley suggested and Nathan huffed.

"I guess." He frowned and Stanley nodded.

"Make sure nothing happens to my Tabitha." Stanley instructed with a stern look before leaving. I loved how Stanley looked at me so fondly, maybe he didn't have any daughters? So, I was like the only daughter he has in his eyes?

It was silent for awhile till I decided to say something.

"That was cool what you did." I abruptly brought up, and Nathan only rose his brows with a nod of his head. "Are you mad at me?"

"Of course not." He said through gritted teeth and walked off.

"Nate!" I cried out, leaving the register. Not that anyone was here anyways.

"What? Huh?! What do you want?" He growled and I simply stared at him.

"What's your problem?" I calmly inquired, staring at him with a confused look.

"My problem? Oh, I don't have a problem. I mean shit, you can walk around that whole school deceiving people without a problem. That new guy that's living with you; I'm guessing, must be our age right? I'm sure he'll join you, and no one will ever suspect anything. Yeah, no problem with me while they all hate me and love you." He ranted with a shake of his head. "Also, thanks a lot for getting Roxilyn and Loretta back to being friends, I'm sure I'll have to deal with that bitch putting things in my girlfriend's head."

"I didn't mean-" I started but he put a hand up.

"I don't want to hear it." He cut me off and shook his head at me. "I mean shouldn't you get a more appropriate job instead of working here, I mean at least something you can brag about to them. Although having a job that makes some what of a pay isn't in their liking, but who knows they love you so much they might look past it as long as it's a cool job."

"You're jealous?" I accidentally thought aloud and that caused him to get even more pissed.

"You're lucky my fucking father adores you so damn much, I mean he probably loves you more than me! How you clean up, have such manners, for fuck sake Tabitha. Why don't you just take my life while you're at it?!" He screamed just as someone walked in.

"Is this a bad time?" The elder lady pipped up and Nathan glared at her, then relaxed his expression.

"Of course not, I apologize. Just mutual employee bickering." He assured going behind the counter.

"Oh, I thought you two young men were going to go at it." She lightly giggled to herself, and grabbed a map.

"Lost?" He asked after eying the map down.

"Just a little." She sheepishly looked away and grabbed some jerky. "My husband loves this stuff." She commented with a smile.

"Good man." Nathan cooed, ringing her up. "You have a good day and take care."

"Oh, I shall young man. Now you two should really enjoy life, at least try with this economy. It could always be worse." She spoke words of wisdom, not that we were going to listen. Once she left, Nathan just snorted and looked away.

We had random customers coming in, and once work was over. We both kept our distance as we walked home. Nathan insisted on walking behind me, so that his father couldn't be mad at him for not watching the "precious" one. I just rolled my eyes and started walking, muttering how he just wanted to stare at my ass. Childish acts of course, and everyone that was outside of course were confused, seeing as I look like a guy.

"I'm home." I called as if anyone cared, but to my surprise Skyler came running and embraced me.

"I want to work with you." He abruptly informed with a smile.

"Sorry, they aren't hiring anymore." I busted his bubble.

"Damn." He groaned, when Tristan came home.

"How long are you planning to be here?" Tristan rudely asked, whether he meant it that way or not it was still rude.

"Don't worry about it." Skyler retorted and turned to me. "So what's the school like?"

"It's nice." I shrugged, very vague on the details.

"That's it?" He chuckled, following me into the kitchen. I made a small peanut butter and jelly sandwich.

"They're all rich kids, so don't say anything about where we live." I warned and he rose his brows.

"They don't know you live here?" He laughed, finding it amusing.

"I'm glad you're having a laugh about it, you don't understand how they treat people like us when they find out." I frowned, staring at the sandwich with no particular interest.

"If they cant accept you for who you are then-" He started but I rolled my eyes.

"Just let it go, Skyler and do as I say. I don't want them fucking knowing, okay?!" I screamed, cutting him off. He rose his brows and his eyes got wide.

"Damn." He mumbled and stalked off to our room. Tristan stood there with an amused expression.

"What?" I hissed and he shook his head. "No, what?"

"Must be someones time of the month." He mused and I narrowed my eyes.

"I've had a bad day, okay?" I spat and walked off. I went to the bathroom and grabbed the container of pads, putting one on for just in case.
♠ ♠ ♠
Awww poor Skyler right? :) I'm not doing bad with the story right? I mean, you guys are enjoying it? I hope so. I'm having fun writing it, I just don't want to become a cliche author that's all.