Don't Tell Them Where I Live Now.

New guy.

I don't know why I was rushing Skyler to the front office. It's not like no one was going to know he's new, everyone hears the news before it's even created it seems like. I stood at the front desk, repeatedly pressing the little ringer on it. Kaleb came out with an annoyed expression.

"What do you want?" He groaned, till he seen Skyler. "New student?" He dumbly asked, as if it weren't obvious.

"Duh." I retorted, rolling my eyes.

"I'm Skyler, Skyler Parkins." Skyler introduced.

"Here." Kaleb rudely ignored Skyler's greeting and passed him the schedule. "Here's your locker number, it's across the hall from Tabitha's. She can show you." Kaleb added, handing out a small printed out paper.

"Thanks." Why did Skyler even bother being polite? I rolled my eyes at Kaleb and walked off with Skyler, both of us went to his locker and looked to find his number. "Found it!" Skyler hollered, of course Kaleb lied about his locker being right across the hall.

"Good!" I exclaimed, out of breath. I was walking up and down my side of the lockers just to see if Kaleb lied.

"Thanks, Tabs." Skyler weakly smiled, and opened his locker.

"No problem." I replied, when Loretta came over.

"You weren't at the front, it's five minutes before the bell so-" She started to rant when she seen Skyler. "Who is this?" She asked, looking him up and down.

"Lory, this is Skye. Skye, Lory." I did my best little introduction then went to my locker.

"Nice to meet you." She quickly greeted then rushed over to me. "So as I was saying, I waited and waited. But, you've got a reason." She teased, looking Skyler over. "He's pretty cute too."

"Down girl, you have a boyfriend." I hissed, shoving my bag in the locker. I didn't feel like bringing it into homeroom with me. I turned to Skyler and grabbed his schedule.

"There is such a thing as asking nicely." He teased and I stuck my tongue out at him, glancing it over.

"I only have fourth and fifth period with you." I whined, handing it back.

"Hey, you'll see me later. Don't worry." He winked, giving me a hug.

"You two a thing?" Lory abruptly inquired, both of us forgot she was right there.

"Umm. No." Skyler and I both answered, with a nervous smile.

"Well, I'll see you around." He gave me a hug and waved at Lory before trying to find his class.

"Need help?" Lory and I caught up to him with smiles.

"Maybe." He chuckled, jerking his head to where his hair wasn't in his face anymore.

"Come on." I laughed and grabbed his arm.

"I'll see you in homeroom." Lory giggled walking off. I rolled my eyes at her little hints of us liking each other and showed Skyler his homeroom.

"Now you be a good boy, play well with others." I motherly spoke, joking of course.

"Yes mom." He mused right back, and we embraced each other in a hug.

"New guy?" Kenny came over, with a raised brow.

"Yeah." I smiled, releasing Skyler.

"The name's Skyler."

"Kenneth, but call me Kenny." Kenny replied, sticking a hand out. They both shook and glanced at me.

"Take care of him, Kenny." I sighed and Kenny gave me a sad expression. I took that as my cue to go and went to homeroom.

The buzz in new homeroom, of course was about Skyler.

"He's cute." Loretta giggled.

"You have a boyfriend." Roxilyn reminded and Lory shrugged.

"Doesn't mean I can't look." She defended and Roxilyn nodded with agreement.

"You two are dumb." I laughed.

"Just because you know him, doesn't mean anything." Lory teased and I rolled my eyes.

"You know the new boy?" Roxilyn inquired, inching closer to me.

"Yeah, he kind of lives with me." I shrugged, and she rose a brow.

"Poor?" She asked and immediately I froze.

"No. Just his mother doesn't want to deal with him anymore, she wires money to us to feel special." I explained with a nervous laugh.

"Not that you need it." Roxilyn mused as well, none of them thinking anything of it. Kaleb sat there with Jacen, both of them simply staring at me and whispering amongst themselves. I really hope they don't cause any problems for me or Skyler.