Don't Tell Them Where I Live Now.

Gang.

Work was boring, and of course Nathan nor I talked to each other. We closed the liquor store, and started walking quietly home.

"Aye, give us yo money!" We heard and looked to see a guy holding a knife. I started laughing, immediately thinking it was one of Nathan's friends again.

"What are you doing?" Nathan growled through gritted teeth, immediately reaching in his pockets.

"Come on, don't act like it's not your friend. I swear, even when we're not talking you still do this?" I spat, slightly amused by his stupidity. I started to walk by the guy but he lunged the knife at me, in response I grabbed his arm and twisted it. Causing the knife to fall out of his hands. Almost immediately Nathan goes over to him and starts kicking the guy repeatedly.

"Fucking ass hole! Don't ever fucking scare the shit out of me again!" Nathan rolled the guy over, sat on him and threw a couple of punches.

"Dude, I think he's good!" I cried out, grabbed the back of Nathan's shirt and pulled. Suddenly a car rolled over, and the windows went down.

"The fuck is goin on here, homes?" The driver questioned, eying us down.

"A misunderstanding." I answered, a big lump forming in my throat.

"Then explain why my cousin is on the floor?" The driver continued, oh shit.

"He tried robbing us with a knife." Nathan replied, straightening his shirt out. "It was bound to happen."

"That's not good enough." The driver hissed, and all the door's opened. I gulped, backing into the wall that's filled with graffiti. The driver stood in front of Nathan and eyed him down.

"Now you and your homes are going to get what you deserve." A different guy chuckled, pulling out a gun. The driver turned around and slapped the guy.

"Fuckin' put that shit away, I don't want to waste none of my bullets on these putas." The driver yelled, then grabbed the collar of Nathan's shirt. "Now which one first, you or him?" The guy questioned Nathan.

"You can't touch my friend." Nathan stood up for me.

"And why is that?" The driver suggested.

"Because, this is between us. My friend pulled me off your cousin." Nathan explained, obviously not wanting them to know my gender.

"Regardless, foo. He was still there." The driver laughed, another guy about my age came over and shoved me against the wall.

"You watch as your friend gets the shit beat out of him. Then it'll be your turn." The guy howled with laughter, he watched as the driver punched Nathan in the gut. I grit my teeth and shoved the that's holding me away, knocking him back. I jumped on the driver's back and held my arm around his neck.

"No!" Nathan screamed as he was on the floor, he got up and tried getting me off the driver but a gun shot was heard. Causing me to release and the driver to rub his neck.

"You crazy bitch, the fuck you think you're doing?!" The driver spat, then shoved me back in the wall. I reached my fist up to hit him, but he grabbed it and twisted backwards. He punched me in the face and went to put me in a head lock but my wig fell off. "Aye! We have a girl?!"

"Fuck." Nathan whispered as the younger guy I shoved kicked him in the side and came over to inspect.

"I guess so, Jose." The younger guy chuckled.

"Junior, this is not funny. Ma raised us not to hit a lady." The driver, Juan, hit the younger guy and turned to me. "I apologize, I should not have raised a hand to you." He picked my wig up and handed it to me. "We are the few gangs that still have respect for the old ways it used to be." He explained and sniffed in the air. "Our ancestors would be proud of us. Now please, get in our car and I will personally take you home."

"No thanks." I politely declined, straightening up and held the side of my face. I was faded from earlier, and my face was slightly sore now. I breathed heavily, causing a big puff of smoke to be seen because of the cold.

"Aight, I do apologize." He repeated over and over, slapped his cousin and Junior. Then they all got in their vehicle and rode off. Nathan stood up and stared at me with narrowed eyes.

"I don't ever want to fucking walk home with you again!" He screamed, picking up his jacket. I guess he lost that some how in the midst of the fight. "You're fucking crazy! You don't know how the streets work!" He rambled as we walked together. "I swear, little miss Pris. You should've learned that you just allow things to happen, sometimes fighting back isn't the way to go! Just give a fucking wallet! I swear, it's not worth a fucking life!" He continued until we made it to our houses. I held my wig in my hand and stared at him.

"Sorry." I whispered and he rolled his eyes.

"He was going to stab you." Nathan whispered, staring into my eyes intensely. Suddenly he pulled me in a hug. "I don't play jokes on you anymore, remember that." He broke away, then walked to his house as I walked inside mine.

"How was work?" Skyler asked as soon as I walked inside our room.

"Eventful." I measly answered, tossing my wig on the desk.

"Why was that off?" He continued, with a quirked brow.

"Some gang members or something tried beating us up." I yawned, wincing at the pain on my face.

"Looks like they were some what successful?" He jumped from his seat and came over to inspect.

"Well once he found out I was a chick, he was completely apologetic." I assured and he shrugged.

"I want to start walking you back n forth." He sternly informed. "I'm sure Tristan would want to as well." He added.

"I'm fine, Skye." I hissed.

"How are you not afraid? Have you been living in this ghetto for too long?!" He yelled, his eyes slightly watering. "I can't believe you...you've changed." He spat, eying me down like I was a disease.

"What the fuck are you talking about?" I growled, finally having enough.

"Hanging around with those losers, getting high and shit. Kaleb and Jacen filled me in on what happened at a party, what the fuck is wrong with you? Surely life isn't that fucking bad!" He scolded.

"Stay out of it." I calmly ordered, crawling up the bunk bed.

"No, I wont." He stood on the bottom bunk, to look at me at the top bunk.

"Go to bed." I demanded.

"You aren't even in pajamas." He pointed out.

"I'm too tired to change." I retorted.

"You weren't to tired to change your personality." He sneered and bounced onto the floor. "Makes me wonder who you really even are." He added before leaving the room.

I laid there, staring at the ceiling. Ignoring the light throbs on the side of my face and focused more about what Skyler had told me. How have I changed? I'm still the love able, Tabitha. I just smoke pot, and occasionally pop pills with an occasional drink. I exhaled sharply. I haven't even been here for two weeks yet! What is Skyler even saying?! I rolled my eyes and rolled over to where I'm facing the wall, and slowly drifted to sleep...
♠ ♠ ♠
What do you guys think so far? Silent readers, you should reveal yourselves! Like the layout? With the pic of the graffiti at the title? huh?! :D