Don't Tell Them Where I Live Now.

Cutest couple ever.

After our homework was done, surprisingly we just hung out. He made popcorn and we watched some movie that was actually funny. I was surprised Jacen hadn't made a move to be honest, but instead we just cuddled.

"She's here?" Logan yawned, entering the room.

"Yes." Jacen flatly replied, and I kept quiet.

"I just thought she was a fluke, as did everyone else." Logan teased, walking into the kitchen. I sent Jacen a sad look before turning back to the movie, now I see why he wanted me to stick around more.

"Don't mind him." Jacen whispered, a sad hint to his voice.

"Hey, it's getting late." I quietly reminded, glancing at the clock. Almost nine, and I remembered what Skyler told me.

"Ugh." Jacen groaned, removing his arm from me. "Fine."

"I didn't mean it to be rude, just Skyler said I needed to be home by nine." I frowned.

"So Skyler is your dad now?" He growled, which caused a spark in my anger.

"No." I dryly reply, getting up and saying nothing more.

"Then why do you have to listen to him?" He persisted, and I just rolled my eyes.

"It's nice to have someone at the house that actually cares about me." I explained with a soft expression, I grabbed my stuff and headed to the door.

"I'll get my keys." Jacen muttered, rushing up the stairs.

"So, news on the street is you're poor?" Logan entered, a grin on his face.

"News on the street is it isn't your business." I mimicked and he rolled his eyes.

"That's cute. My brother helping someone out, no wonder you stick around." He mused, taking a bite of a sandwich.

"Actually, I happen to like your brother. He's very sweet, and caring." I lied, but he didn't know that.

"What's not to like?" He asked. "When money is involved." He added with a howl of laughter and headed upstairs. Jacen passed by him and glared then came to me.

"What was that about?" Jacen inquired, twirling his keys in hand.

"Nothing." I groaned and walked to his car.

"No, really. What was that about?" He repeated.

"Your brother knows I'm poor." I frowned.

"Damn." He sighed.

"It doesn't matter." I shrugged.

"To you." He scoffed.

"What does that mean?" I groaned.

"Nothing." He immediately declined having to explain himself and got inside his car. I slowly got in the passenger seat and leaned my head against the window. "I didn't mean it."

"What?" I replied, annoyance filled my voice.

"I didn't mean to get on you like that." He explained, a frown forming on his thin lips.

"What?" I repeated, when did he get on me? His eyes stared intensely at the road as he drove.

"The whole Skyler being your dad thing." He answered, his eyes narrowing at the road slightly.

"Oh." I mumbled, looking away. I heard a light whistle and glanced at the window, then felt a small cold breeze. I pushed the up button and the window clamped close, and the cold was gone. I guess you could say, I was getting my mind off the situation.

Once we were at my house, Jacen pulled along side of the curb. I got out and heard another door close. I glanced over my shoulder and seen Jacen walking up to me.

"What?" He playfully asked. "I can't walk you to your door?"

"No, you can." I whispered, continuing to walk. We made it to my door, and I turned to him. Just as I did, he planted his lips on mine.

"Good night." He softly whispered, pressing his forehead to mine. I didn't reply as he walked off, instead I just went inside my house. I closed the door, locked it and frowned.

"Why didn't you tell me ahead of time? I don't like the fact you were out this late with that guy, he's psychotic. I mean doesn't your safety mean anything to you? He's a crazy guy, Tabitha!" Tristan ranted as I walked by.

"Jacen isn't a threat." I defended and turned to him. "Besides, I'm almost an adult. I can do what I want."

"Almost, key word." He retorted.

"You're not even my guardian, as I see it. You're just living here, so what the fuck does it matter to you?" I spat, a hand naturally going on my hip.

"It matters a lot to me, Tabitha. If you haven't even gotten the hints lately." He hissed and rolled over on his bed.

"Good night." I dryly replied, and closed his door. I didn't feel like arguing with him or anything, it was stupid. What was he even talking about? I groaned and went to my room, slamming the door behind me.

"Thanks for waking me." The grumpy voice of Skyler boomed, he was in bed and laying there.

"Please, you're already awake." I called out his bluff and glared.

"Whoa, chill with the look, and of course I was asleep." He sat up and rubbed his head.

"I know you were checking the time to make sure I was home by nine." I kicked my shoes off and grabbed my pajamas.

"Okay, you caught me." He laughed and laid back down. "But that doesn't mean slam the door."

"Sorry." I quietly apologized and gently closed the door behind me as I went in the bathroom to change.

The next day, I walked around school with a plain expression. Tristan didn't talk to me at all on the ride to school, and Skyler just smiled and kept repeating "told you so" all the way to the front gates.

"I get it!" I screamed, causing everyone to look at me.

"Calm down." Skyler whispered, nervously looking around. "I was just playing around."

"You go too far sometimes." I sighed, and stared at my hands.

"Hey, I'm sorry." He wrapped his arms around me and rocked slightly. "I love ya."

"I love ya too." I replied with a smile, and we broke apart.

"Love?" Jacen's abrupt voice asked, just after we broke apart causing me to jump.

"Holy crap, you scared me!" I gasped, my heart rate went up in a quick second.

"Yeah, love." Skyler answered, a grin on his face. Jacen rolled his eyes and looked at me.

"Ready?" Jacen addressed me, earning a confused look by both Skyler and I.

"For?" I replied and Jacen just laughed, wrapping an arm around me. We walked away from Skyler and everyone smiled at us.

"Cutest couple, ever." Some girl whispered to another girl. I rolled my eyes at her and looked up at Jacen.

"What are you doing?" I asked as we made it to my locker.

"Being a good boyfriend." He nonchalantly answered.

"You're only my boy-" I started but he cut me off with a kiss.

"Please, don't ruin this. Logan knows Dante and Kaleb, I'm sure if we don't make it believable down here, he'll find out." Jacen quietly plead in my ear. I clenched my teeth together and sighed.

"Fine." I gave in, and turned to my locker. I know I used him to get my friends back, and although I got my friends back. I didn't want to be a bitch and say "all done" and ignore Jacen. I still owed him... A lot.
♠ ♠ ♠
Awww Jacen and Tabitha are cute. I wrote this story with the original intention that her and Kaleb would get together, boy was I wrong hahaha my characters decide their own fate. Not me. XD