Status: Complete

Pictures Out Last Everything

Memories are Forever

I adjusted my hood over my head and pushed a couple pieces of my light brown hair out of my face, as I sat Indian style on my bed busily typing away on my laptop. I grabbed a pencil and began tapping it against the top of my leg, as my mind searched for the right way to word this essay. It seemed like no matter where my mind went it told me to go back to where I started, but I couldn't, because he was back where I started. I tried to just block it all out of my mind for now so I could get this paper done, but it was a lost cause. Everything I thought about somehow came back to him. Glancing around trying to find some type of inspiration, eyes lightly dancing from object to object, before falling on a well loved picture.

This whole day had been kinda off and crappy, starting with it being Valentines Day added with the fact that, I am still in my pajamas, even though it's nearly lunchtime, my apartment is the same as always, beige, green, and other neutral colors. No cards, balloons, or chocolates anywhere. The only pink thing in here is the pink wrapper of my pad in the trash; the last one of this month's period. Now I couldn't figure out how to finish up my term paper, because thoughts of him were clouding up my mind.
Brrrring. Brrrring.
Damn that phone of mine.
"Hey, it's Riley. Here comes the beep. Hopefully you know what to say by now."
"RILEY, IT'S GREEN! PICK UP THE DAMN PHONE OR I WILL BEAT THE LIVING SHIT OUT OF- unless you really aren't there. In which case, I beg your pardon. If you are there, pleeease pick up. I hate stubborn mopers. .......Yeah, I hate you. Call me. We guys are booored without you."
Shaking your head while laughing you focused back on the screen, but it wasn't long before your eye's drifted back to the picture on your night stand. Shaking your head and the memory away. Uncrossing your legs, you got up off the bed and as you walked into the living room, your answering machine click on,
"HEY! you reached Riley and Alex, were not home right now..OR WERE DOING IT! ." cracking a sad smile at the message, you had yet to change. His accent making it so much funnier.
"Hey Riley....its Alex, I guess your not home right now..that or your screening your calls again, I just wanted to call and see how your doing, and say that I honestly did nothing with that woman you just walked by at the wrong time....but I guess it doesn't matter to you anymore..so yeah I'm gonna go."
Slowly sliding to the floor against the wall you had been leaning on, you put your head between your legs as the tears started to fall. Ever since the two of you had gotten together things had been crazy, that night was the most prominent in your mind, you had come across a field and were having a pick nick with him and his team, and the next you were running with him chasing you, and their were pictures being taken. Not long after that, everyone had gone to a club to celebrate making the playoffs and the next thing you know, theirs a huge plastic blond all over your man, and he looked like he was enjoying it. So of course you did the most natural thing and walked over and slapped him before catching a taxi and leaving.
Which brings us back to the fact that I'm sitting on the floor looking like that thing from the grunge right about now.

"Oh come on, really" I muttered to myself as I slowly walked to the door. Swinging it wide open you couldn't believe your eyes. His tall figure casting a shadow into your doorway.

"Alex??" She gasped "What are you doing here?? How....How did you know I was home?" Janelle stuttered, Alex studied her face.

"Lucky guess." He said.
"Can I....Come in?"Slowly nodding your head still speechless, you slowly stepped to the side and he entered, leading him to the living room, and motioning for him to sit down on the couch.

"So.....You know the truth about last night?" He asked

"Yeah, I'm sorry it was just...you looked happy."Alex smiled at her.

"I really love you Riley. I can't...I can't live without you anymore. It's been so hard, and we were only apart for two days. I truly, truly love you! That....That was the worst mistake of my entire life! I wish I could have acted faster before you saw her.." Janelle stood and began to pace back and forth.

"You know I love you Alex....But you hurt me so bad...Its been so hard on me..." Alex looked at the floor. After a few moments she finally stopped and looked at him.

"But...lyubov vsyo preodoleyet." [Love overcomes everything.] She said. Alex stood and walked swiftly towards her with a soft smile on his face, he wrapped his arm's around your waist pulling your body close to his.

"I love you....I need you...Angel moy [My angel] "

"I love you too...And I want to be with you...."

"Forever." He then said

"Forever." She smiled