Your Blackbird

I'm stuck alone.

I'm not sure how I'll help Ryan pay for the bar bill but I have to somehow. I promised. I mean I've been saving up for the last few weeks to rent this apartment about a half an hour away but I guess I'll just have to give that money to Ryan, even if it means living here for a bit longer. I don't know how I'll survive though. I wish Ryan were here with me right now. But instead I'm stuck alone. My siblings are at my aunt and uncle's and won't get back till way later and my parents are out at some church related event, I don't know. I refused to go. When they get home we'll probably fight about it but for now I'll just sit around trying to figure out my fucking life.

"Oh baby, baby, how was I suppose to know?!" Shit, there goes my phone. I slipped a hand into my pocket and pulled my phone out. Maybe Ryan changed his mind and is on his way over...

I flipped my phone open expecting to see his name. But no, it's just Jac...

To answer or not to answer...

"HIT ME BABY ONE MORE TIME!" I am not in the mood to hear Britney Spears, damn Spencer for making this song my ringtone. I guess I'll answer.

"Hello." I said. Simple greeting, straight to the point.

"Hey, babe. What's up?" Babe...pet names...this relationship is already moving too fast.

"Uh, nothing."

"What do you mean nothing?" she asked. What do I mean nothing?

"I mean the opposite of something." Okay, that was a smartass move, I admit.

"Wow, smartass."

I rolled my eyes. This is the second time I've been called a smartass today but for some reason when she says I'm one it's just a turn off.

"Hey, listen. So I was wondering if you wanted to come over tonight? ...We could watch a movie..." I highly doubt that we'd watch a movie. Mostly we'd just end up making out.

"Nah, I've already satisfied my cinema urge. I watched a movie yesterday." I got up from my bed and walked to my window to push the curtains aside and see what was going on outside. If I stood on my tippy toes and squinted my eyes I could almost see the chimney of Ryan's house.

"Oh, really? With who?" I could tell her lips were pursed. She always sounds different when her lips are pursed, she's jealous I can tell.

"With Ryan, he slept over yesterday."

"I swear you two have more sleepovers then we do."

I paused, thinking about what she meant. Okay, so Jac and I have slept together a few times but she doesn't need to be this clingy. It's not like we're dating. I mean she's hot and sometimes funny and sometimes cool but mostly she's just like this, bitchy.

"Yeah, well. If that's all you wanted to ask about then..."

"No, I still want to do something with you! How about we go to the mall?"

"Um, no. I don't have any money for shopping right now."

"I'll give you some. Come on, come on, it's Sunday, let's make the most of it."

I really don't feel like shopping. I don't like going to the malls much. I don't care about fashion at all really. This is probably why I always wear plain t-shirts but who cares? Life isn't suppose to be a catwalk, a runway, that's just stupid.

"Pretty, pretty, pretty, please." Oh great now she's pouting. I've always been a sucker for pouting.

"Fine, I'll come over. But not to go to the mall. We can hang in your room and watch a movie." Lies. We've never gotten through even trailers without touching...

"Great, see you in a little bit." She hung up.

Well, goodbye to you too.

Fantastic job, Brendon. Just string her along even more. Do you even like her that much? Is she really worth it?

I heard a car pull up in the drive way and decided to act fast. Either I could stay here and fight with my parents or I could leave and possibly get laid.

Before my dad could unlock the door I had already snuck out into the backyard and rounded the house so by the time my parents were inside I was in my car, turning my key into the ignition, and off to do something or someone I'd probably end up regretting.
♠ ♠ ♠
Pretty short chapter. I wrote it all today and just felt like sharing. Also, to make things more interesting I've decided to sometimes write in Brendon's pov. Oh, and if you couldn't tell Jac is B's love interest.