Status: Well aren't you cute? ;-D

Beauty and the Beast, (An Arranged Marriage)

Matches

"Audrey Hart, ah what a fun and loving, care-free spirit you have." the matchmaker said as I entered the room, my mother right behind me.

"Care-free is right, she is also selfish! You detect that too?" my mother growled, I rolled my eyes and sat in front of the old lady who I swear is a witch. The matchmaker smiled at me.

"Do I have the perfect match for you. He's 31, I think he'll be perfect for you."

"That's child rape!!" I cried out after hearing his age.

"Audrey Marie Hart enough! Please tell me he can teach her manners cause somewhere along the line I messed up." my mother cried out.

"Yes, and she can teach him a few things too. Welsey Rice will be just the match for her." the matchmaker said before clapping her hands together, my mother froze.

"I will not have my daughter marry to such a creep!" my mother said; for once I was happy my mother spoke.

"I'm sorry Diane, you brought your daughter her. Now the matchmaker has spoken, please leave." the old witch said, I stood up as my mother stormed out. "Audrey remember Wesley is-"

"Audrey let's go, now!" my mother growled dragging me out.

"But mom wait she-" I tried saying but was dragged out of the small creaky house and was quick to get into the car as mom sped away before I got the door shut.

"This will be a small wedding, and as soon as you turn 20 I'll get you out of there don't worry." my mother said focusing on the road. "Nobody will have any idea you married the town's freak, just me and your father, ok?"

"Father and I, you don't think he'll try eating me do you?" I asked, my mother sighed when I corrected her and shook her head.

"Audrey I can't say what will happen, but please be good so maybe he won't have the excuse to hurt you." my mother said, I sighed.

"Great." I mumbled before looking out the window.

Some where along the line the mayor of Astev decided every girl that turned 18 was to be married to a much older and matured man, for when they turned 20 they could decide if they wanted a divorce, or if they wanted to stay with that man. By 20 the mayor figured all woman could make right decisions and be happily on their own because guys at 18 were mature and smart, nobody saw that sexist bastard was wrong. I know I wasn't mature and ready to be out on my own, but I certainly wasn't ready to be a wife to no freak...

Wesley Rice starred the phone, he just received the worst news know to man. This bachelor was about to take a bride. Last time he knew men were supposed to choose the woman they wanted to marry, when they wanted to marry, but no at 31 he was to take a bride. A bride he didn't even choose and he had no choice, in less then 24 hours he was taking a bride. Astev's rules got more and more sexist by the months.

"Mr. Rice dinner is ready." the 53 year old maid Darla Seems said, Wesley looked up at the woman who raised him for 10 years of his life.

"Well Darla looks like you get that daughter you've always wanted." Wesley said standing up from his chair, Darla cocked her head to the side. "I'm getting married." he added with an annoyed look. "Once again Janice screwed me over."
♠ ♠ ♠
Say good-bye to hollywood