Status: Well aren't you cute? ;-D

Beauty and the Beast, (An Arranged Marriage)

The wrong matchmaker?

"Stupid Wesley." I mumbled to myself once more as I hit Astev. I don't know why the matchmaker thought he'd be the best...mentor?...for me. I mean there is obviously a reason he lived all the way out in the fricken middle of nowhere! I thought since the ranch wasn't in city limits I wouldn't have to be dragged into their stupid rules. Yet here I am married to a guy I wanted nothing to do with, let alone did he want anything to do with me. Growing up everyone called him the town freak...I never understood why exactly because he looked normal. But I guess it's cause he's so cold hearted. Doesn't exactly make you a freak...just unliked. A sudden thought popped into my head, before I got to leave the matchmaker's house she tried to tell me something but my mom didn't let her finish. I looked at the radio clock to see it was just turning ten, she couldn't be asleep already!

I knocked on the big red door of the matchmaker's home before ringing the doorbell. I stepped back some and waited for her to come to the door. When the door flew open a woman in her mid fifties stood there.

"Can I help you?" she asked; I looked around.

"Um...is the matchmaker here?" I asked before starring back at the older woman.

"I'm her." she said.

"Oh, well do you have other matchmaker's or something? I'm looking for the woman who matched me up." I said; she gave me a confused look.

"Dear I am the only matchmaker within this county let alone the surrounding counties too."

"I came here three weeks ago and was matched with Wesley Rice. The woman seemed to know what she was doing!" I said confused as hell.

"Well I'd never match you with someone so cold. Come in, come in. We'll get this figured out." she said stepping to the side letting me walk in, she shut the door once I got inside. "Can I get you something to drink?" she asked. I shook my head 'no'. "Ok, right this way." She said leading me down the hallway taking me right into the room my mother and I were taken to.

"The woman was so sure I was the perfect match for him...even though he was supposed to be the perfect match for me..." I said when I realized what the matchmaker had said three weeks ago.

"Can you tell me what day it was you came in, I'm sorry what's your name?"

"Oh Audrey Hart...well Rice now. Rice isn't even a good last name." I mumbled the last part to myself. "And it was Tuesday."

"I had been called and had to go up to Wells county, I wasn't even here. Nothing looked like it had been broken into. I have no idea how someone could get in here." She said sorting through files.

"We got a call saying it was time for me to come on in." I said remembering my mother telling me the matchmaker called and I had an appointment. Ok, what the hell is going on?

"Oh dear." the matchmaker said.

"What?" I asked looking at her.

"Your file seems to be missing. Why don't you head home, and I'll continue searching and if I find something I'll give you a call. Maybe I can match you up with someone new to." she said before reurning back to the file. I sighed.

"Ok thank you." I said walking towards the door. When I walked outside someone was leaning up against Vengeance. This night is just chalk full of surpurises isn't it? "Is there a reason you're leaning against my truck?" I asked apporoaching the stranger. Their head had been bowed and they wore a hat casting a black shadow over the face.

"Yes you can." a femine voice said making me gasp.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you toooo....Xx-fairywings-xX, Artistique, Daniella, ComposingHallelujah, MyMonkeySaidSo, ShannonMarie, lindsayxmarie, Squidz, luzhikari, MusicsSoul, alkirek, nanagoesroar, Artemis33, writersblockentirely, Hopeless Heart, and lovely205...for thee comments!! Means alot I'm glad you guys enjoy the story!