Status: Well aren't you cute? ;-D

Beauty and the Beast, (An Arranged Marriage)

Story of Lycans

I watched as Wesley paced back and forth for the twentieth time from where I sat in the middle of our bed waiting for him to explain everything.

"Why don't you start from the beginning...like your parents." I said bringing my knees up to my chest, he paused and looked at me.

"Alright." he said walking towards me and sitting down at the edge of the bed, I quickly crawled over to him and sat beside him. "My parents were of course both lycans as well. My dad was an alpha at the time. When I turned 18 I'd be taking his place...but I'd have to battle against another male in the pack...there always a male that wants to be the alpha who isn't the son of the current alpha. The winner of the fight gets the spot, well the loser gets banned from the pack."

"Is that why you're no longer in a pack!" I asked quickly.

"I left the pack before I had to battle anyone."

"Why...why'd you leave?"

"My pack hated humans. Zoey was seven years old when she got her leg caught in a bear trap, I helped her out of the trap, which is why she thinks we belong together...because I had saved her then and one other time when she was fifteen, I'll tell you that story later. But when I helped Zoey back home, my father wanted me to go back and find the human who set that trap and he wanted me to kill the hunter. I refused to go. It wasn't the hunter's fault Zoey was careless and was out hunting alone. Now Marcus and Janice are from another pack near here who do not hate humans, obviously since Marcus is with one...sort of and Janice set me up with one."

"Wait! What do you mean Nikki is sort of one?"

"Somewhere along the line there was a lycan in her blood line because she has some characteristic as us. I'll tell you them another day."

"So what happened when you refused to kill the hunter?"

"My father questioned how much of a man I really was. I got sick of the crap and just left, never to return again, Darla is also my aunt...my mom died at child birth so Darla raised me for about ten years of my life while my father was out doing errands for the pack, he was rarely there for me when I really needed him, when she heard I left she set out after me and well helped me get out on my own, then when I got this place which is a few miles from where my pack lives snotty ass Henry came along. My guess is my dad sent him here to make sure I don't do anything to risk the pack."

"So Henry is always keeping his eyes on me cause I'm human?" I asked. Wesley nodded. "Then why did Janice set me up with you?"

"She thinks I'm lonely."

"Wait, she's from another pack, how does she know you?"

"I got into a fight with her nephew, Marcus. It was over a...female. Well she separted us and she knew Nikki somehow, and since she found Marc a girl she firgured she could find me one. Plus I might have spent an enitire summer in the pack helping them out since their Alpha was killed by another pack. It's a complicated story and not that important, Janice just thinks she owes me now since it was her husband that had been the Alpha that was killed and I helped her cope along with her nephew."

"My head hurts...so what can lycans do? You guys howl at the moon?"

"No. Well...I don't anyways. Alpha's can change whenever the want to, only when there's a full moon others can change. Only way a human can be changed is if the lycan is in wolf form. Silver doesn't burn us, we are not immortal. We age, and we can die just like any human can. We don't get all the diseases you humans can get. Our eyes change color depending on our moods."

"A really bright neon color when you guys are pissed, or are in wolf form! Your's get dark when you're upset, mad, or confused. And when you're happy which is rarely ever they are bright but not like the neon color and the outer part of your iris is gold! Then when you're content, or not really any emotion they're just the bright green." I said, his eyes were dark, like they had been all night, but they were starting to brighten up.

"Uh yeah...I guess."

"What about in books I've read, do you have to have a bond to be with someone?"

"Well yes. There has to be some kind of connection to fully mate, and bond. Lycans can't really bond with humans but there's been a few mates out there where its human and lycan. I can't really tell you much about it since I haven't found my mate."

"How do you know when you found her?" I asked a bit sadden. I wasn't quite sure why.

"I don't know, I haven't really looked." Wesley said standing to his feet. I stood up to.

"Why not? You're 31! You don't have a lifetime to look!"

"Wow make me sound old." Wesley said shaking his head and he turned to walk away.

"Wait! We're not done talking! There's still so much to know!" I said reaching for him and grabbing his arm.

"I'm hungry. So for now, we're done." Wesley said basically dragging me with him; I let him go and starred after him before smirking and running towards him and jumping on his back making him give me a piggy back ride. I was glad he didn't drop me, but he didn't stop or say anything, he was on a mission to get food...typical male.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it's been so long :-|