Status: Well aren't you cute? ;-D

Beauty and the Beast, (An Arranged Marriage)

Story of Mates

"You cheated!" I yelled tossing my cards at Jack.

"No I didn't! I'm just that good!" he said with a cocky tone. Nikki scoffed and set her cards down.

"Whatever, I have to get going anyways." I said grabbing my duffel bag and sliding out of the booth as Nikki stood up.

"Yeah, you think you could drop me off?" Nikki asked grabbing her book bag.

"You're leaving to? Aw come on!" Jack whined.

"Your girlfriend will probably show up soon and I don't like her." Nikki said after I agreed to take her home.

"There's nothing wrong with Zoey."

"Except for the fact that she's after me!"

"Well she thinks of you as a threat."

"Oh so you're on her side with this?" Nikki asked.

"Come on Nik, let it go." I said starting to walk away, she followed me.

"Marcus had to run an errand for his aunt which is why he didn't show up. So Janice is the one who hooked you and Wesley up? I wonder what her plan is. See only thing Marcus told me about Wes is that he's stone cold and left his pack because he hated the rules the alpha had."

"Well he can be stone cold. But underneath he's a big softie! His pack hated humans and the alpha had been his father at the time. His father wanted him to kill a human all because their trap had caught Zoey."

"Did you know Zoey is the daughter of Janice?"

"Then why was she in Wesley's old pack?"

"I don't know that much. I just know Zoey and Marcus are cousins."

"So are you and Marcus mates...bond mates...I'm not sure what its all called?" I asked wondering if I could get answer from her and not feel so awkward talking to her about it as I would be with Wesley.

"We've had sex, which is what their kind call mating. But there is all kinds of different things it could be called. We were both virgins when we got together so we can't have sex with another unless one of us gets killed. Then say I die he'd have to find another virgin or visa versa. Now phew there's a lot to this. Now say a male has sex with a woman who isn't a virgin he can only bond with her if they exchange some blood. That's called a blood bond, kinda like a what vampires do."

"Vampires existed?" I interrupted.

"Oh you have no idea, Wesley has a lot to explain! Continuing! It's visa versa with a female going for a male. And well I'm going to guess since Wesley is thirty something he isn't a virgin anymore so if he wanted to bond with you, well I am not sure since you're human..."

"What happens if theirs no 'connection' but yet they still want to mate and are both virgins?"

"Well they'd do the deed and later go out to find their true mate, but if neither are virgins then they can no longer have pups...babies."

"So one or both have to be virgins to have kids?"

"Yes. I don't understand either. I don't want to tell you much more cause this is stuff Wesley should be telling you. But I understand why you're asking me this cause it's awkward for you to talk about sex with anyone especially guys. One thing I have is I can read minds. You already said Wesley told you I have some qualities a of lycan and reading minds is one of them, the other one is I can teleport. Fact only a few can teleport, Marcus can't, Wesley can, Janice can, Zoey can. Hmm.."

"Henry can." I added.

"Who...oh the creepy so-called butler right. Darla most likely can't. Both Marcus' parents could which is why he could not. Lycans are difficult. Don't worry I still don't understand everything, but hopefully you get the basic stuff in a few months!" Nikki said just as I pulled in front of her apartment.

"But what if I'm not Wesley's mate and then what's going to happen to me when our two years are up?"

"Trust me something good is bound to happen, Janice never makes a mistake." Nikki said with a smile before climbing out. I nodded and sighed as she shut the door. Looking back at my life in high school, I knew so little. Now I really feel like I know nothing. Lycans, vampires? What more!
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks for the comments everyone!!

Someone asked where I got the idea for this story well I was reading a story about a match maker and I decided I wanted to write a story about a matchmaker and at the time I was already writing a story called 'Handsome and the Beast' and the idea just kind of came to me...Except now the chapters I am writing them as I go, I honestly don't know where I am going with this but I do kind of have an idea since I have the sequel alll thought out in my head already and ready to write! Just gotta finish this story first...of course I don't want to force the ending with this story so it won't be anytime too soon!