Status: Well aren't you cute? ;-D

Beauty and the Beast, (An Arranged Marriage)

Family

It was just my mom, dad, and my older brother and his family that were out at the ranch. Sunday was usually the day more of the family was out here. I pointed next to my mom's SUV telling Wesley to just park there. He turned off his car and looked at me.

"Thank you for coming. It means a lot to me. I just know you'll love my mom. My dad...well I am his baby girl so he's going to be a little snippy towards you until he gets to know you. But I know he'll call you one of the family by time the nights over with! My brother is a great griller so you'll love the steak we have tonight!" I said before reaching over and hugging him; he sighed before hugging me back.

"I hope you're right." he said before I pulled away.

"I am, come on." I said getting out of the car, and smiled when my niece came running out of the house.

"AUDREY!" the four year old yelled before reaching me and wrapping her arms around my legs.

"Hey squirt!" I laughed picking her up and holding her.

"Who's that?" she whispered as she noticed Wesley; I smiled and turned so she could see better.

"That's your uncle Wesley." I answered; her face lit up.

"You mean I have two uncles now!" she asked happily; I laughed.

"Yeah, and you could have three if your aunt Anna gets married to some guy." I said talking about my sister. "Wesley this is..well our niece now Stephanie. She's my brother's daughter, and you also have a nephew! We'll meet him when we get inside." I said setting Stephanie to her feet.

"He just turned two!" Stephanie said happily holding up three fingers instead of two, Wesley looked uncomfortable as my niece talked to him; I gave a weak smile and wrapped my arms around his left arm.

"Hey Steph why don't you go inside and tell your dad to come out here?" I asked; she nodded with a grin and run towards the house. "What's wrong?" I asked looking up at Wesley.

"I don't do well with kids. Plus I haven't had a family in over ten years, suddenly I'm an uncle?"

"Well I've been an aunt and since we got married that makes you the uncle. Don't worry I won't leave your side once. I'm here for ya." I said with a weak smile; he sighed and nodded before kissing my temple. "Remember my family is your family now. And I love you." I added giving his arm a squeeze and then turned my head as I heard my brother approaching. I smiled and released Wesley's arm to give my brother a hug.

"Adam!" I said happily.

"Hey sis." he said hugging me back. I stepped back and grabbed Wesley's hand and held it.

"Wesley this is my big bro Adam, Adam this is Wesley since you didn't make it to the wedding." I said scoffing towards the ending. Adam held out his hand and Wesley shook it quickly.

"You keeping her in line?" Adam asked with a laugh. Wesley laughed back.

"I'm trying." he answered; I hit him in the chest.

"Come on in, suppers almost ready." Adam said starting to walk towards the house; his wife came out onto the porch holding Darren in her arms. Adam walked up to her and kissed her cheek. "Rachel this is Wesley, Audrey's man. You know Astev's law. Wesley my wife Rachel, and our son Darren." Adam said; I noticed Wesley nod to her as she gave a warm smile.

"Darren was getting a little fussy so I thought some fresh air would help him." she said to my brother, he nodded and took his son from her.

"You go inside and get something to eat." he said; I smiled at my brother before I led Wesley into the house following Rachel.

"Stephanie put the vase down!" my mom said as we were walking into the living room.

"But grandma!"

"But Stephanie!" my mom mimicked her. I laughed making my mother turn to face us. "I swear she's going to give me a heart attack." my mother said walking over to us and giving me a hug. She looked up at Wesley and smiled. "I hope you're hungry, we have tons of food in the kitchen." my mother said before giving him a hug making me sigh with relief. I hoped my mother wouldn't make things awkward.

"Where's dad?" I asked as I leaned against Wesley.

"Out back cleaning the grill off." she answered. Good he was alone.

"Come on! Last person you have to greet for today!" I said grabbing his hand and leading him through the house. He suddenly stopped me as we hit the kitchen. "What is it?" I asked confused.

"I'm fucking starving." he growled eying the plate of steak. He was definitely a beast.

"Just five more minutes I promise, and you ate like an hour ago." I said, he gave an animalistic growl.

"I don't think you understand me. I never get full. I love eating." I couldn't help but laugh.

"Well calm down my beast and I'll fix you a plate in just a few, I just want you to greet my dad while he's alone." I said, he sighed and grabbed my arm and dragged me out the back door. "Hi daddy!" I said giving him a hug.

"Oh well hello." he said hugging me back.

"You guys never really got to meet each other, Wesley my father Jake Hart." I said, my father nodded and held out his hand.

"You like beer?" my dad asked after they gave each other a quick handshake.

"Once in a while." Wesley answered.

"I'll get you one from the garage. You two get in there and fix yourselves a plate before stuff cools down or warms up." my dad said cooly.

"Yah hurry up." Wesley growled grabbing my hand; I laughed and followed Wesley.

"Alright alright piggy!" I said before we walked into the house. I fixed us both a plate and led him to the dinning room. As soon as he sat beside me he began cutting into his steak and he had it gone before everyone else started bringing their plates into the dinning room.

"Well Audrey didn't you get Wesley a steak?" my father asked handing both Wesley and my brother a beer.

"I did but he ate it already." I said taking a second bite of my steak. My father chuckled.

"I like you." he said.

"Uh thanks sir?" Wesley said unsure of what to say. My brother laughed at his reply.

"Want another steak?" I asked him, his eyes lit up making me laugh and I gave him my piece of steak since I had only taking some off of it. "I'm not a big fan you can have mine." I said before I began eating macaroni salad my mother made.

We all started talking about various things, after Wesley hurried with his second steak I could tell he was starting to get comfortable with my family. His whole body just seemed eased, he'd chime in every now and then into our conversations and soon we'd cleared the table and all ended up in the living room talking. Stephaine ending up on Wesley's lap and telling him about their new puppy, even then he seemed alright with a kid sitting on him.

"Well we should get going." I said a few hours later as I stood up from the couch, Wesley couldn't move since he was afraid he'd wake Stephaine up who ended up on the other side of him from where I sat and she was laying against him. Adam laughed and lifted his daughter up so Wesley could move.

"It was nice having you guys over, you two need to start coming out on sundays." my mother said.

"What happens on sundays?" Wesley asked.

"Random members of the family comes over for either lunch, dinner, or just to hang out." I answered before yawning. "It'll be a couple more weeks before we start doing that. I don't want you to have a heart attack from meeting so many people." I said laughing as I leaned against him. He wrapped his arm around my shoulders giving me a quick hug before removing his arm.

"Well as soon as you're ready, you're welcome to come." my dad said; I smiled. Tonight couldn't have been better.

"Bye guys, love ya!" I said starting to walk towards the door.

"Bye!" everyone said.

"Later." Wesley said back to them following behind me. We reached Bullet and he started to walk around to his side when I grabbed his arm. "Wh-" I stopped him by wrapping my arms around his neck and pressing my lips to his.
♠ ♠ ♠
Two in one night :-O!!! I expect more comments!!! :D!