Status: Finished :D

U Smile... I Smile

Business Dinner

I woke up by my alarm clock going off, it was nine o’ clock. My mom made me set it before I went downstairs to Justin before our date last night because I had to help to get everything ready for the business dinner tonight. I felt an arm around my waist but I was able to reach to my nightstand and turn the alarm off. Justin was still asleep though. He had his shirt off which meant he took it off during the night. He looked like a little kid when he was asleep. His hair was covering his eyes. He was just too adorable!

I got up and went to my closet to pick clothes out. I got clothes that were easy to move around in and didn’t care if they got messy. I got a pair of jean shorts and an off shoulder shirt with a tank top. I changed and then went to the bathroom to do my hair and make-up. When I was in the middle of straightening my hair, Justin came in and wrapped his arms around my waist from behind. He nuzzled into my neck and mumbled a ‘good morning’ to me. I turned around in his arms and wrapped my own arms around him and laid my head on his chest. His skin was so soft. I felt so safe in his arms.

I turned back around towards the mirror to finish up my hair and he just stood against the wall watching me. I finished my hair then did a quick make-up job by just putting a thin line of eyeliner around my eyes and two brushes of mascara on my lashes. I went to grab Justin’s hand then pulled him to my bed. We lay in each other’s arms without talking or anything else. We were just enjoying each other then.

I looked at my clock and it said it was 10:30 and I needed to get downstairs to eat breakfast and start helping my mom prepare for this stupid dinner. I tried to sit up, but Justin wouldn’t let me.

“Justin, I need to get up. I need to eat breakfast then start helping my mom with this event that’s taking place tonight.” I explained.

“Can I help you help her?”

“Yeah, sure. My mom will probably want all the help she can get.”

Justin let me get up then and sat up himself. He found his shirt on the floor and pulled it on. We walked downstairs together to the kitchen. My sister was there.

“Hey Sienna! Hey Justin!” she said loudly.

“Hi Aaliyah.” Justin and I both said simultaneously. “When did you get back?” I asked her.

“Just about ten minutes ago. Mom says there’s going to be another one of those dinners for her boss here. Are you up because you have to help her? Because you’re usually never up at this time of day.”

“Why else would I be up at this time?”

“Yeah, that’s true. Mom also said you guys went on a date last night. How was it?” she asked smiling and laughing.

“It was amazing! I loved it so much. Justin treated me very well.” I looked to him and smiled, he smiled right back with his huge smile.

Justin and I each got a bowl of cereal and sat down at the table. Aaliyah was at the head of the table so I sat on her right side, which was my left side and Justin sat on the other side of me.

I started eating until my sister just started coughing and choking.

“Aaliyah! Are you okay?” I stood up and started to pound her back.

“Yes! I’m fine! Now stop beating me on the back!” I sat back down in my chair.

My sister took a drink of her orange juice. “I started choking because I breathed in my breakfast. Sorry.”

“You don’t have to apologize for accidentally choking on your breakfast.” I told her.
I got my own cup of orange juice and brought it to my mouth to take a sip until my sister startled me once again.

“YOU’RE ENGAGED?!? WHEN DID THIS HAPPEN?!?” shouted Aaliyah.

“I’m not engaged! What are you talking about?” I responded.

“Then tell me what that is on your left ring finger. Because I know that is you wedding finger!” she shouted in my face again.

I looked to my left ring finger and found the promise ring that Justin gave me last night on our date.

“Aaliyah, calm down. This isn’t an engagement ring. It’s a promise ring. Justin gave it to me last night on our date.”

“Oh, I see. Okay I feel so much better. Sorry about my little outburst.”

Justin and I burst out laughing. “Your ‘little’ outburst?” we said at the same time.

“Oh, shut up.”

I finished my breakfast and saw that Justin did too. I took our dishes and put them in the dishwasher. Justin got up and went to the living room. He came back to the kitchen changed in a pair of jeans and a black shirt. I grabbed his hand and went out to the backyard where I found my mom starting to set up for the dinner.

“Oh, Sienna! Thank God you’re up! I need you to go to the delivery truck that is out front and start unloading all the tables and chairs out of there and bring them here. Have Justin help you if he’s willing to. We’ve got so much to do and only a little time to do it all. So get moving!” my mom said frantically. I could tell she was stressed and if you don’t do what she asks then she goes berserk.

So Justin and I walked out to the front and I climbed in the truck handing Justin tables and chairs that he set on the front lawn. Once everything was unloaded the truck left and we started to carry everything to the back yard. The chairs were all ready, but for the tables we had to apply all the legs to them. We got to work on doing that, we finished about an hour later. My mom set out the tables how she wanted them and told us to do the chairs and then left to go back inside. I didn’t know how many chairs she wanted to a table so I went to my mom inside and asked how many chairs she wanted to a table. She said to start out with five and if we had extras to put six on some of them. Justin and I started to put five chairs to a table then. Turned out we didn’t have any extras so we didn’t have to put six chairs to any table.

We went back inside and my mom gave us another job to do. She handed us a bunch of table cloths and napkins that had the silverware inside, to put them on the tables. Justin laid each of the table cloths on one table and I put five napkins to each table for each chair. My mom called us back inside and told us that another delivery truck was here with the food and she wanted us to put each food dish on the long table that the delivery guys set out for us. The dinner would be buffet style. After we were done carrying out all the food out, my mom came to us.

“Thank you guys so much! Everything looks perfect. You can be done know. I’ll do the rest of it. My coworkers are going to be arriving in about an hour. I know you and Justin probably don’t want to be here for the whole thing, so why don’t you go see a movie at the Mat-Su Valley Cinema? If you decide to go, could you bring Aaliyah, too?” my mom said to me.

“Uh, sure, I guess. What’s showing and at what times?”

“I already looked and there’s a piece of paper on the kitchen counter with all that information on it.”

I walked inside with Justin following close behind me. I looked at the paper. Nothing looked good to me, but we decided to still go to bring my little sister to get her out of mom’s way. So we would go to whatever movie and time she wanted.

I went to my sister and told her to pick one out. She decided on __________ at 6:30 which happened to be in one hour. We would have to leave at 5:45 in order for us to get there in time. The theatre was a half hour away, but if we wanted to get food and everything else we would have to get there at 6:15.

So Justin and I sat together on the couch until it was time to leave. I was so glad that this day was almost over and I couldn’t wait until I could crawl back into my bed and sleep. All this preparing for the dinner made me so tired. I cuddled with Justin and rested my eyes for fifteen minutes until we had to leave.