Status: Finished :D

U Smile... I Smile

Camping

Regular POV

The next day, Ryan, Justin and I hung out around the house. We watched movies, played games, and just talked. Ryan told us that he wanted to go camping. Camping during the summer in Alaska is always fun so I said it was a great idea. I knew the best campground, South Raleigh Campground; at least it was in my opinion. It was a half hour out of Wasilla and was an hour away from my house. It had a lake where you could rent a canoe, fish, or swim. Of course Justin and I asked our moms if was okay if we could go, they said yes so we all started getting the supplies.

Once we got everything into a car, Justin pulled out of the driveway while I started giving the first directions. We got to the campground finally and started to see if there were any good camp spots left; Ryan found us a good one. It was big and had a trail that led down to the lake, it was perfect.

Since we left the house in the middle of the afternoon, it was already dinner time. I started to cook hot dogs on the fire while Justin and Ryan pitched the tent. Since there were only three of us we only brought one tent, and one tent was all that we could find. Justin and I wanted our own tent, but that didn’t work out. So now I have to share one with two boys. It’ll be fun… not.

We ate the hotdogs and then roasted marshmallows. Even though we’ve only been here for about a few hours we had a lot of fun already. Ryan and Justin turned out to be really entertaining. This was my first time seeing Justin’s crazy goofball side; I guess being around Ryan brings it out.

All of us decided what we would do first thing tomorrow to begin our camping trip. We would rent a canoe and go out on the lake then we would go swimming. I don’t prefer swimming in lakes since almost all lakes have that mucky stuff and South Raleigh was one of them, on the bottom and I hate the feeling of it. So when I say we’re swimming it means Justin and Ryan are swimming and I’m soaking up the sun on the beach, unless they make me get in the lake or throw me in.

I decided to go get the sleeping bags ready, so I went to the car to get them out and found only two of them. I walked back to the campfire where Ryan and Justin were still roasting marshmallows.

“Can you guys tell me why there are only two sleeping bags? Where’s mine? I put it next to the others.” I put my hands on my hip and popped my hip out waiting for an answer from either of them.

“We didn’t see it I guess.” Ryan said not looking at me.

“You guess?”

“Hey, not our fault if we didn’t see it. You can always share mine with me.” He pulled his head up so that I could see the flirtatious smile that he had on his face and at the same time he waggled his eyebrows up and down.

Justin suddenly got jealous and stood up glaring at Ryan. “If Sienna’s going to be sharing a sleeping bag with anyone, it’ll be me and no one else! She’s my girlfriend not yours! Find your own!” he shouted.

“Jeeze! Take it down a level. I was just joking like I usually do.” Ryan defended himself.

I walked to Justin and put my hands on his chest. “Justin, you didn’t have to do that. I already planned on sharing a sleeping bag with you once I found out you guys didn’t bring mine. I wouldn’t share with Ryan when I could be with you. So just calm down.” I watched him as he started to loosen up all the tension that built up. He looked at me with apologetic eyes and kissed me.

“You calm now?” he nodded. “Okay good. I’m going to get the beds ready then.”

I walked back to the car and got the sleeping bags, extra blankets, and the pillows. I carried all that back to the tent. I laid down two of the blankets on the floor of the tent for some cushion to sleep on. Then I unrolled the two sleeping bags, I gave the bigger one to me and Justin because we were sharing. I put the pillows on top of the bags and the rest of the unfolded blankets for warmth. I went back to the campfire and sat by Justin putting my head on his shoulder.

Justin pulled a marshmallow out of the fire that was perfectly golden brown. “Here.” He pointed the stick at me so that the marshmallow was in front of me. I opened my mouth to see if he would feed it to me. He took the stick back and pulled the marshmallow off and put it to my mouth. It ended up being a messy, gooey mess. The marshmallow spread all over the corners of my mouth and all over Justin’s fingers. We burst out laughing including Ryan. Justin had a ‘grossed off’ type of expression on his face and Ryan and I just laughed harder at that. I grabbed Justin’s hand that was covered in marshmallow stickiness and put all the fingers that had marshmallow on it in my mouth and started to lick away the gooeyness. We locked eyes and stared at each other until I pulled out his fingers with a ‘pop’ sound. I grinned at him and he grinned back at me.

I stood up and kissed him on the mouth and whispered in his ear, “G’night. See you in the tent. I’m just going to read for a little bit.”

“‘Kay. I’ll be there in a little bit.”

He kissed me once more then I went to the tent. As I was walking Ryan shouted out, “What? I don’t get a goodnight kiss?” he laughed. I turned around and blew him a kiss. Justin and I then laughed and Ryan winked at me. I shook my head at him and got into the tent. I changed into the warmest pajamas I had that I brought with me and got into the sleeping bag Justin and I would share. I got my flashlight and read until the boys came in. Justin came in first and got into the bag with me, it was a tight squeeze, but we managed. To make it easier we were both on our sides and I had one of my legs hitched around his hip so we could have more leg room. I started shivering and he took me into his arms. My hands were the coldest so I gently shoved them up his shirt and placed them on his stomach to let his body warmth warm them for me, he flinched at the cold but didn’t seem to mind. Then I heard the tent door zip open and Ryan came in. After him all bustling around with him getting in his sleeping bag all was quiet except the wild life sounds like a loon calling out, rustling of leaves, owls hooting, and crickets chirping. I fell asleep peacefully by listening to those sounds and of Justin breathing.