Status: Finished :D

U Smile... I Smile

Last Day

Justin and I ate a quick brunch and got started with our day, but before we got to leave we had to find the moms to let them know that this was Justin’s last day. It was also Pattie’s and Jazmin’s since they had to leave with Justin. But they didn’t know that because we weren’t able to tell them last night. We ended up finding them outside. My mom was gardening with Pattie and Jazmin was entertaining herself on the grass. There was no sight of Aaliyah, however.

“Mom?” Justin asked to get Pattie’s attention. Pattie looked up at him squinting her eyes up at us because of the sun that was behind us.

“Yes, Justin?”

“Uh, I wasn’t able to tell you last night, but yesterday afternoon both Usher and Scooter called and they said we have to go back tomorrow so that I can finish up touring.”

“Oh, um, well, okay. That’s too bad I was looking forward to staying a little bit more with Janelle.”

While Justin and his mom were talking, my mom peered over to me and studied my face. I looked to her with a pained expression on my face and she looked back at me with an apologetic half-smile on her face.

“Well, Sienna and I have plans for our last day together. So can we talk about it more when we get back for dinner?”

“Sure, honey. I’ll see you later. Bye Sienna.” She smiled up at me and I forced a smile on my face.

Justin grabbed my hand then and started to pull me with him to the front yard. He went to my car and helped me in the passenger seat. He walked around to his side and got in. I didn’t bother asking about what we were doing because I know he wouldn’t tell me. As we got onto the main road he put his hand on my upper thigh and I placed one of my hands on top of his. We didn’t talk or turn on the radio; we just valued the silence that we had together.

When Justin turned onto a street, I found out that we were going to downtown Palmer. I started to see signs acknowledging Colony Days. It was this little carnival that happened every year. It was like a mini fair, with a few amusement rides, but with a lot more booths. Every year I’ve gone it’s been a lot of fun, and I’m glad I can go with Justin this time around.

Justin parked the car on the curb of the Palmer Public Library. He got out of the car. I grabbed my purse that was by my feet and got out to meet him up at the sidewalk. When I got to him he wrapped an arm around my waist and we started walking where the carnival was. As we were walking I felt his hand that was gripping the side of my waist sink down into my butt pocket on my jean shorts. I set my head on his shoulder then.

We got to where the carnival was and continued on walking and looking at what type of booths there were. Most of them were for little kids that had games and activities to do. I spotted this clothes booth and pulled Justin over there with me. I browsed around and found the most adorable sundress. It was white with brown threaded flower patterns crawling up the dress from the bottom. I found it in my size and looked at the price tag. I couldn’t believe the cost of a sundress! $120! That’s insane. I put the dress back on the rack and grabbed a hold of Justin’s hand and started to walk out. But Justin wasn’t walking with me so I couldn’t go since our hands were linked together. He took his hand back and got the dress that I replaced and looked at the price tag and started walking to the cashier. He got his wallet out of his back pocket and paid the lady. Justin took the bag from her and came back to me.

Justin handed the bag over to me and said while kissing me on the cheek, “For you, favorite girl.”
“Justin, why did you buy this? I was going to myself, but it was too expensive.” I peered up at him.

“Because you deserve it for making me the happiest guy in the world.” He leaned down and connected our lips together. I started to kiss him back and then broke away to give him a smile.

“Thank you.”

We went on walking down the street, stopping at some booths here and there. Justin stopped at a booth that was offering a basketball activity. You had to shoot the basketball and at least make one shot and you got three tries. After sinking the ball in the hoop three times in a row, he won me a prize.

“Sienna? Here pick one.” I ended up picking a very fuzzy golden colored teddy bear that wasn’t too big or too small; it fit in my arms perfectly. After we finished looking at all the booths, we went over to the amusement rides. Justin got tickets for a couple of rides. Most of them were for little kids, but they had the Squirrel Cages, Tilt-a-Whirl, and the Ferris Wheel which were my favorite rides. We went on all those rides and ended up with four tickets left, so we found a family with a couple of little kids and gave the tickets to them.

We headed past the carnival to the lake, I thought we were going to just sit on the beach, but Justin surprised me yet again. There were some paddle boats to rent and he pulled me with him to the dock where the person who was renting out the boats was. Justin paid him and told me to set my extra belongings on the counter that had separate cubbies on it. When I turned back around, Justin was already in the boat holding a hand out to me to help me get in. We both sat down in our seats and started to peddle out to the middle of the lake. Once we got out there, we stopped peddling and just drifted with the wind across the lake. But when we got too close to shore we would peddle back out so we wouldn’t get stuck.

The sun was setting and I risked getting up and falling into the lake by standing up and going over to sit on Justin’s lap. I was lucky and didn’t end up falling in the lake. Once I got comfortable on his lap, I leaned my head back on his shoulder and looked up at the sky at the striking sunset. The sky was full of different hews of pinks, oranges, yellows, reds, and light purples. It was out of this world. Justin meandered his arms around me and found my hands that were on my lap and held them in his own stroking them with his thumbs. When the sun was almost done setting, we headed back to the dock. According to his watch it was about eight already, and we needed to get home to eat dinner.

Once we got back to the dock, I picked my things up from the cubby and Justin and I strolled hand in hand back to the car. And in less than fifteen minutes, we got back to the house. I had a lot of fun and I was glad we spent our day like that for our last day as one.