Status: Finished :D

U Smile... I Smile

Getting the Job Done

Once all the leaves Justin and I raked were in bags, we set them at the end of the driveway for the garbage man to pick up in the morning. We walked hand-in-hand into the house and into the kitchen to find that dinner was all ready for us. I grabbed two plates out of the cupboard and gave one to Justin and served myself some four-cheese pasta. We sat down beside each other and started to eat. As I was eating, I was thinking about where I wanted to go for the two week trip. And I finally came up with a place to go.

“Okay, I think I know where I want to go for the trip with you.” I told Justin after a bite of my pasta.

“Really, now? Where?” he asked looking at me.

“I want to go to Maui, Hawaii. And then you know how I asked if we could go to two places?” Justin nodded his head. “Well, it’s not in the United States, but I’d really like to go if we can.”

“Um, I don’t know if that will work, but I guess it depends on where this place is. So tell me?”

“Your hometown in Canada. I want to go to Stratford, Ontario and see where you grew up.” He smiled at me and I smiled back at him.

“Alright, I’ll call Scooter after dinner to see if that’ll work. And if it doesn’t, I’ll still take you there another time. Okay?” I nodded my head at that.

We finished our dinner and I went to the sink with all our dishes and began to wash them. Justin came up behind me and wrapped his arms around my waist while I was washing, rinsing, and drying our dishes. He pulled away when I went to put away everything. I walked over to the freezer and got some vanilla ice cream and two bowls and spoons out.

“Hey, I’m going to call Scooter before it gets too late. I’ll be back soon.” Justin kissed my cheek, and then walked outside to the back porch.

Right when I finished dishing out ice cream, Justin came back and grabbed a bowl and tugged me into the living room. I set my bowl on the coffee table that was in front of the couch and sat down next to the DVD shelf to pick out a movie. I picked a sappy romance film, knowing it was probably something Justin didn’t want to watch, but not caring about that because I was in the mood for a movie like that. I put it into the DVD player and pressed ‘Play’ and went to go sit next to Justin with my ice cream. As the commercials were rolling, we made a little bit of conversation before the movie started.

“So I got off the phone with Scooter, and he said we can go to Hawaii, but not Canada, since the contest qualifications said only in the United States. But he said he can get tickets to Canada for us and we can go after the two weeks in Hawaii. Would you want to do that? Or wait for the Canada trip?” Justin informed.

“I don’t know. When will we have to take the Hawaii trip?” I asked.

“It has to be in September because that’s another thing the qualifications said.”
“Well how about we leave this weekend? I can miss the first week of school; nothing important happens during that time anyways. But I don’t know when it’ll work out to go to Canada, maybe during Christmas break or sometime else.”

“Okay, I’ll let Scooter know tomorrow so that he can get us tickets for Hawaii. We also need to talk about school for me. Either I go with you or I fly my tutor up and I home school. Or maybe you can even do that with me. I don’t know, but we can worry about that later.” He kissed me on the forehead then, and moved his eyes towards the TV screen. “What movie are we watching anyways?”

“___________. I’ve been wanting to watch it for awhile now, but never got the chance until now. And now I can watch with you, too, which makes me even happier.” I turned to him and smiled and pecked his lips right when the movie started.

Throughout the film, Justin and I snuggled with his arms protectively around me. I also ended up crying during most parts of the movie, but all romance films do that to me. And when Justin saw tears pouring down my cheeks, he got all worried and frantically wiped them away. Sometimes they would stop, but then shortly they would start again or they wouldn’t stop at all.

When the end credits began, my tears ended from me rubbing them away. I reached for the remote and turned off the TV and DVD player and sat back into Justin’s arms.

“Why do you watch movies that make you cry so much?” he whispered into my hair.

“I don’t know. But when I cry during these films, my tears aren’t always sad ones. I cry when something happy happens or any other emotion. I just cry a lot. Sorry about that though.”

“Don’t apologize, Sienna.”

I yawned then and said, “I’m so tired after all that crying.”

“Want to go upstairs and go to sleep?” Justin laughed. I just nodded, closing my eyes. “Are you gonna get up, or do you want me to carry you?”

“Carry me please?” I whispered not bothering opening my eyes and lifting my head up searching for his lips for a kiss. He chuckled then I felt his lips on mine. He sat me up a little bit so that he could get out from behind me and picked me up bridal-style and started up the stairs to my room. He laid me on my bed and then I realized that I was still in my jeans, shirt, and sweater. I had to get up because I definitely didn’t want to sleep in them. So I walked over to my closet and quickly stripped my clothes and changed into my shorts and tank top and put my hair up into a messy bun. I went back and flopped down on the bed, not having the energy to lift the covers and get into them. But Justin decided to lift up my legs to pull the blankets down and put me underneath them situating the blankets on top of me. He turned off the light then and I closed my eyes again, pulling the covers over my shoulders. I could briefly make out a stream of light from the bathroom door being open from my closed eyelids, and then there was darkness, and then light again from the door opening and closing, and once again darkness. I was very close to being asleep when I felt the blankets being raised up by Justin getting into the bed. Then I rolled to get closer to him to be in his arms and to breathe in his scent. I felt arms hug me into him and then contentedly fell asleep listening to Justin’s soft humming.