Mind Link

Mind Splatter 1.

The alarms went off, in unison like always, making their annoying beeping sound extra loud. From outside in the hall, two groans could be heard as the owners of the alarm clocks fumbled to switch them off.

Tayla yawned, always the first up, jumped out of bed and started off with her usually morning routine. Stretch, make bed, toilet, clothes, hair, wash face, school bag. Her organisation was so, that no one in their right mind would ever believe that she was related to Kyle. Downstairs she heard the phone ring, too early for a Monday morning and wondered who it could be for.

Kyle Furness groaned and slapped around in the air for the alarm clock, missed it and knocked his glasses off the bedside table. He cussed, he hated glasses, they were such a pain, always getting in the way, making him look like an idiot in photos, but he supposed they were easier than contacts. One leg hanging off the side of the bed, he stretched, feeling his joints crack. There was a knock at his door, usual for a school day, but it didn't normally come until around 7:30.

"Kyle!" Mariah Furness screeched, "Up, now! First day of school! Katie called, said she's coming to pick you up!"

"Alright mum!" Kyle called back, yawning and sliding out of bed. He looked around the room, searching for his school uniform, if he was at all organised like his sister, he probably would have set it all out the night before. If he and Tayla got along, he probably would have asked her to do it for him, but neither of those things were possible, not in this reality anyway. He walked over to his cupboard, probably the messiest part of his room. He didn't see much sense in cleaning it like his mother always asked, it would just get messy again.
As he threw clothes unceremoniously onto the floor in his pursuit for his uniform, he heard the bedroom door opposite his open and close with a bang. Two seconds later there was a knock at his door, it opened to reveal Tayla, already dressed and pampered for school. She threw something at Kyle and it hit him squarely in the face, he exclaimed but shut up as he realised it was his school uniform.

"Mum ironed you pants last night," Tayla said, "but put them in my room by mistake." She said the words calmly and without emotion. Talking to Kyle only ensured a fight would break out.

Kyle responded in kind, "O.K. Thanks." Neither sibling wanted to start off the school year with a row. They didn't agree on much, except that they wished they didn't fight as much, though neither would admit the fact.

Tayla closed the door without another word and continued down the hall. She hated talking with Kyle, it was like talking to a crazy person, she could never understand a word he said. She had heard people say that having a twin was cool, but she couldn't see how. She and Kyle should never have been born twins, in fact, they shouldn't even have been born into the same family. No wait, Kyle shouldn't have been born at all. Tayla truly believed that Kyle existed to make her life a living hell, and to get girls to fall madly in love with him and then break their hearts, just to prove to the world that guys were jackasses.

Rolling her eyes she made her way downstairs, pulling her phone out of her pocket as an incoming text made it vibrate.

New Message from Colin
Hey, meet you outside your house in half an hour?

Tayla didn't bother texting back, no point wasting credit for a one word text. Besides, Colin knew she would text back if the answer was 'no'.

Entering the kitchen, the smell of bacon and eggs hit Tayla like a slap in the face and she smile. Bacon and eggs were by far the best way to start off the day.

"Where's your brother?" Mariah greeted her. Of course, "Good morning Tayla," didn't exist in Mariah Furness's vocabulary. Kyle was the perfect child in her eyes, maybe it was because he popped out first and wasn't the reason she was in labour for five hours.

"I dunno," Tayla replied, her answer to this question since the dawn of time. "Probably up in his room admiring himself in that mirror of his."

Mariah frowned and continued flipping bacon. "Yours is on the table." Tayla sat down and started shoving eggs and bacon into her mouth. Her goal: Too be done before Kyle got downstairs.

By the time Kyle got downstairs, after doing his hair, Tayla was already in her bedroom packing her lunch. When she heard the bathroom door close she hopped up to brush her teeth. She never understood why people brushed their teeth before breakfast as she was an excessive orange juice drinker.

Kyle finished breakfast, kissed his mum on the cheek and headed up to brush his teeth, just missing Tayla in the hallway. He threw a few workbooks in his bag, a pen and his lunch. If he needed anything else he'd borrow off his friends. 8:30 was at least ten minutes away so he logged into Facebook and started complaining about the start of school.

Everything was quiet in the Furness house, Tayla could hear Kyle typing away on his computer from across the hall with her door open, probably complaining about school on Facebook or something. That post would have at least twenty comments by now, none of them having anything to do with school. Tayla preferred Twitter where she could talk to people she didn't know and random's she would never meet. Zipping up her school bag, she checked the time, 8:25. She began making her way downstairs to meet Colin, they always walked to school together.

Perfect timing, as always. When Tayla opened the front door she was greeted by a smiling-too-wide Colin, always happy about nothing.
♠ ♠ ♠
So, first chapter! Ended kinda badly, but ah well.
Hope you liked it. :)