Mind Link

Mind Splatter 5.

"Kyle Furness!" The teacher called from the front of the room.

"Yeah," Kyle called from the back of the classroom.

The teacher looked up. "Furness? You're not Tayla's brother are you?"

Kyle groaned. Great, another Tayla fan. Another teacher bent on comparing him to sister. Teachers always expected a lot from him. Cody thought it was because his glasses made him look smart, but Kyle knew it was because of Tayla. She always got straight A's, not that that really made a difference at home, but it annoyed Kyle when teachers expected and were then disappointed when they discovered he was the complete opposite of Tayla.

"Yeah, I am," he replied, trying to sound cheerful. Next to him, Cody chuckled. In his eyes, having Tayla was the worst thing possible. and although deep down inside, Kyle loved Tayla, as all siblings do, he had to agree with Cody. he despised having Tayla for a sister, she was everything he wasn't. The only comfort he took was the fact that he had friends... and better hair.

The teacher said no more on the subject and continued marking the roll. A boy by the name of Darren sitting in from of Kyle and Cody leaned back on his chair. "Hey, Cody. Way to show Tayla up this morning," he grinned.

Cody's face went the faintest shade darker. Kyle raised his eyebrows. "Fighting with Tayla again were you?"

"Yes," he grumbled.

Kyle laughed, "Just don't punch her, alright man?"

Cody chuckled, "Punch a girl? Even if it is Tayla..." He paused as if seriously considering punching Tayla Furness.

"Seriously dude," Darren continued, "You guys should go on the debate team or something, everyone loves listening to you two argue."

"Quiet back there!" The teacher snapped and Darren feel silent.

Kyle leaned over towards Cody, "Yeah, Cody. You should debate on whether twin sisters should be allowed to exist."

Cody snorted, causing the teacher to look up disapprovingly. "Enviro Science next?"

Groaning, Kyle nodded. Environmental Science was the price Kyle, Cody and Katie had to pay for skipping Core Science five times in row at the end of last year. Science was Kyle's number one most hated subject. Any kind of science, it didn't matter, he hated them all. That was another thing that made him and Tayla so different, she was good at science, and he wasn't. So, over the years, he began to despise the subject, just as much as his sister.

"Well no ditching this year man, or else they'll kick us out," Cody said. "Shouldn't be too bad anyway, I hear we get to spend a lot of time outside, like on excursions and stuff."

"We'll see," Kyle grumbled.

"What do you mean, 'we'll see'?"

"Oii, you two!" The teacher yelled. Kyle and Cody raised their heads, with I-couldn't-care-less-if-we're-disturbing-your-teaching expressions etched on their faces. "Yes, you!" She barked. "If you don't keep it down and start paying attention, then you can stay and have a little private party with me after class!"

Kyle rolled his eyes and continued on in a hushed whisper, "Lets just say, you'll be singing a different tune once you find out who else is in the class."

Cody looked over incredulously, "Who could possibly be in the class that would change my tune?"

Kyle raised his eyebrows and the answer came to Cody like a slap in the face. Who else, but Tayla Furness?
♠ ♠ ♠
So I've noticed that my chapters have started to get shorter >.<
This chapter was pretty much just more background information and setting you up for what's coming next. I admit it may be a tad bit pointless, but I still wanted to post it :D