Status: Long ass update for a long ass absence

Temptation Not Included

In the form of blood, lies a tamed beast. Centuries it took to stabilize a synthetic substitute for the energy source to keep immortality afloat. Dozens have sacrificed their undead lives in order to achieve perfection. Modern day results justify their souls were not relinquished in vain.

The majority of life on Earth do not know there is a cure for disease. The majority do not know the cure was conceived by creatures that live only in myths. Those who do know who aren’t immortal are in grave danger, but not for long. Soon after they find out the truth they are brutally executed. It is one of the very few laws in the secret society vampires dwell under. Those who are not social in the society fall under the pariah, outcast until death permanently dues them in.

Very few occasions has a typical human stumbled upon the intelligence. Although the number is in the single digits, there have never been exceptions. Meru Lang and Aeron Webster are the first. When Daniel Sauvageau and Hunter Lennox realize their knowledge opposes a problem, they pledge their tainted souls to make sure the two teenagers are the first and the last.

However, Daylight can only tame a beast for so long. Temptation is easy for a vampire to overcome. Lust, is something entirely different.

© Devin Rachael