My sisters guardian

Happy birthday to me...not

Today finally my birthday and things were going to change from now on. I am excited and can’t wait for my dad to be gone. To come home and not have to worry about him hurting Cara or me would be just amazing.

Everyday at school you at least see one person carrying balloons and cupcakes or cookies for their birthday. For me no one knows it is my birthday so all I carry around is the card that my sister gave me. I came to school an hour early today because I sometimes help out in the library so I can get free books from them. Yes I do love to read, it calms my nerves. As I was just sitting at a table reading The Lovely Bones, Kyle walks in and sits down across from me.

“Good morning.” He said trying to be polite.

“Why are you here so early?” I asked annoyed.

“The truth is that I heard you come early and well I thought this would be a good time to talk a bit.” He smiled.

“Well this is my relaxing time where I read and we shouldn’t be talking in a library.” I said and put the nook so it was covering my face.

“Come on it looks like the librarian doesn’t care.” He took the book out of my hand and put it on the table. I picked it up and moved to another table and he followed me. I kept moving to different tables till I was back to the table I started at. I began to laugh and so did he. I took out my sister’s card and used it as a bookmark just for now.

“Okay talk.” I gave up because he was impossible.

“What is this?” He grabbed the book and pulled out my sister’s birthday card.

“Today is my birthday and that’s from my sister Cara she is only 7.” I explained.

“Oh happy birthday, just if you let me talk to you before today then I could of gotten you balloons and cupcakes.” He smiled putting the card back into the book.

“That would be unnecessary because if you did everyone would know you talk to me and you would be known as a loser too.”

“Maybe if people understood what is going on in your life they would understand you and give you a chance?” He said looking into my eyes and I stared back into his. He had the greenest eyes I have ever seen.

“It doesn’t matter now because everything is going to change in my life after today.” I said with joy.

Why?” That one word triggered me and I kind of just paused and looked into his green eyes. Then I grabbed my backpack and left the library. He probably was confused, but I didn’t know how to respond to ‘Why?’

After school I reported my dad told them everything my dad has done to Cara and I. Since my dad wouldn’t confess to any of those things we had to go to court. I knew I was going to win there is no way I could lose even if I was my own lawyer.

I was wrong and I needed to find a good lawyer because when we went to court I made a fool of myself. I was so embarrassed I don’t want anyone to know about it. I was stupid to think I could do it on my own. Now I have to save money up for a good lawyer, but I don’t have enough time and I may just have to make a full of myself again.

The next day at school I was sitting outside at lunch by myself as usual and I looked like I was about to cry. Of course I was just upset about how court went. My birthday didn’t turn out as well as I thought it would, so it sucked.

“Hey, why the long face?” Kyle sat next to me and put his arm around me. I looked up and him, and he immediately took his arm off of me.

“I need a really cheap, but good lawyer.” I said looking back at the ground.
“Well my dad is a very good lawyer and I bet he will help you for only 50 bucks.” He smiled and that was too good of a deal.

“Really?” I asked not believing it.

“Yeah, but you have to explain to me the situation.” He said with a devious smile. So I spent the rest of lunch explaining my story to him. I think I can trust him not to say anything and to not treat me like I am paralyzed because I am not.
♠ ♠ ♠
please comment and subscribe!