Status: Revising & Editing

I Believe That You Belong to Me

Chapter One

I never thought I’d be living in a place as dreary as Forks. I lived for the sun, lived for the excitement, for the diversity. I lived for sun bathing and beaches. I lived for California. I’ll admit that San Francisco could also have rainy, grey, and cloudy skies, but it also had life. The cloudy and grey skies kept you wishing and hoping for a sunny day and when it came…well that was just the best…all the things you could do in the Bay Area, the possibilities are nearly endless. However, here in Forks, the grey skies only suck out your life and give you the sun when you’re very nearly dead…then comes the grey again.

I hate how dead the place is. I hate how my father is a freak and is actually excited to live here. I hate how I can’t walk to school because of the distance and most of the time, rain. I hate how I have to catch a ride with my father’s friend’s daughter, because I am not yet old enough to do so for myself. And most of all I hate how frequently she has her boyfriend give her a ride. I hate her boyfriend.

Edward Cullen.

Even thinking his name puts a bad taste in my mouth. I hate him and his family. Now honestly I don’t really have a valid reason for hating his family, for I only hate him because he’s annoying. But…the five of them…they scare the crap out of me. The first time I saw them and every time since: a painfully cold shiver shoots up and down my spine. For me, fear is a stupid emotion, so I usually turn it into hate, which is why I hate the Cullens.

I can’t explain it, but they all just have a lifelessness about them and not just in the sense of the town…they literally look dead. They appear to have no soul and secretly I think they are zombies. Hell, they might even be the very things sucking the life out of Forks.

Well let me stop with my whining, I told my father I would stop complaining.

Sighing and with a great amount of disdain, I stepped out from under my porch. I gave a weak wave when I saw the silver Volvo approach my house and inwardly grimaced when I saw his deathly pale face through the windshield. When the car stopped, I took another deep breath before taking my place in the back seat.

“Morning Bella…Edward” I dismissed the bitter taste his name and the scent of his car gave me and instead gave them both a smile.

“Morning” Was all Bella said. I loved how she accepted that I was not a morning person and that it was a task for me to even speak at all. Bella I liked, I just hated who she fraternized with.

“Good morning Acerielle, did you get a good night's rest?” Now see here? He knows all I wanted was to be polite and say “Hi”, but no, he wants to start up a conversation. See why I think he’s annoying?

“It’s Ace and sure” I wasn’t going to give in to his antics.

“That’s good. I slept quite well myself. So Acerielle, I hear your father is trying to open a pawn shop in Port Angeles?”

“Again, it’s Ace and no, he isn’t.” Much like usual he was asking questions where I would have to go in detail, where I couldn’t give a simple yes or no.

Inwardly I groaned as I prepared myself for his next question. Can he not tell from my tone that I do not wish to speak?

“Really, I thought he was?” He asked glancing at me through the rearview mirror. I could almost feel the smirk appear on his face once he knew he got me.

“He’s opening a Jewelry shop. Mostly for watches as he has a freaky obsession with them, but there will be various other pieces present as well.”

“Really now? I can’t wait until it’s open.” He looked at me again in the rearview, expecting a response that he wasn’t going to get.

“So will you be working there?” Oh God please leave me alone! I don’t want to speak so early!!!

Edward’s smirk grew wider as if he had heard my inward rant and that only made me angrier. He didn’t seem to understand just how not a morning person I am. It isn’t just that I hate the mornings: I hate being woken up and I hate speaking to people until at least nine-thirty. I hate the world before this time and my being forced to speak only makes me want to murder the person responsible. Yes, I know that I have a problem, but I can’t do a thing about it right now.

“Yes, Edward I will,” I said trying not to clench my teeth.

The annoying and very pale boy was about to ask me another question, but we had arrived at the school and I jumped out as soon as he was in park.

I breathed in a sigh of relief when I beat both he and his family to the entrance. I went in my first period class. I was the first and only student in the room, but I reveled in the silence for it would end in just a few minutes.

Unfortunately I shared this class with Edward. I just had to be overly smart and skip middle school. I just had to have English at the same time as him. And I just had to be made to sit by him.

I put my head down on my desk, already wishing that this day would be over. I prayed that my father would come to his senses and move us back to San Francisco or at least have the urge to move to Seattle. Seattle I could definitely deal with. I was pulled from my prayers however, when that cold and painful shiver shot up and down my spine. I knew that to mean the annoying and pale boy was now in the room. So I prayed again for patience and then pushed the irrational fear I had to anger.

I heard the chair beside me slide out and then slide back in, signaling his presence at my side. I was sure that if I looked up he would again try to begin a conversation. For that reason, I refused to lift my head until class started.

“Acerielle? Are you alright?” I felt his cold hand on my shoulder and then felt the anger I had turn right back into fear. Quickly I shot up and shrugged his hand off me, trying and failing to even my heart rate. I had no reason to fear him.

“It’s Ace.”

“Are you alright?” Against my better judgment I actually looked him in the eyes. I saw such concern in his pee colored eyes that the fear I felt almost evaporated…almost.

“I’m fine.”

“Are y-

“Edward I’m fine. I simply hate school.” The worry in his eyes did not leave, so I found it better to avert my gaze and ignore him.

“For someone who hates school you sure do seem to excel at it.” I could feel his smirk on me again, I didn’t need to look to know it was there.

“I skipped to get out faster.” And because my dad won’t allow me to be home schooled.

Edward opened his mouth to retort, but God was definitely on my side today, because the teacher decided then was the time to start class.

I avoided small talk with Edward for the first half of the class and then fought a smile when the teacher announced that we would be working on a project. Bella was also in this class and I knew that Edward would go and work with her.

“Each of you will be paired up and assigned a book. You will for the next month do the journal activities on the sheet you see before you and…” I droned out the last bit having done a project like this before. I simply looked at the list of books and hoped that I would be assigned a good one.

“Edward and Acerielle…the Hunger Games.” I heard the teacher say.

“It’s Ace,” I corrected him.

Why couldn’t people understand that I hated my name? It’s an awful name that my parents must have been drunk to think of. I mean what the hell is an “Ace-ree-el”?

Wait?

Wait a minute?

Did he just say Edward and Acerielle? Did he? Did he!?!


It took all I had in me not to scream. I had been thinking so much about my god awful name that it didn’t even register that he was making us work with the people we sat with.

This meant I was going to have to spend time outside of school with him. He would have to come to my house. I’d have to go to his house…so much for God being on my side today.

I blocked out all my surroundings the moment the teacher gave us our books and set us out to work. I had to calm myself and figure out how I was going to work with a boy that annoyed and terrified me for a month. I had to pray for a moment. I had to gather my thoughts and push pass my fear.

I couldn’t.

“You want to come to my house after school?”

Kill me now.
♠ ♠ ♠
First story after being on Mibba for nearly two years. This is also just a trial run, don't know if I'll continue