Love Is A Strange Thing

-two-

He was a very peculiar boy. Strange, but lovable. He was a sweet boy, he helped me take care of my elbow, which was just bruised. Now we were sitting on a little bench in the back of his shop, which looked like a little apartment.

"You never told me your real name, beautiful." That's what he'd been calling me this whole time. I tried to tell him I wasn't pretty, at all, but he wouldn't listen.

"My name is Abigail. What is yours?" He smiled and stood up, pulling me up with him, and began to spin me around the small room.

"Stop it!" I giggled as he caught me and dipped me down, then pulled me back up, like a finale to our little 'dance'.

"So...what is this little shop supposed to be?" I asked as I strolled back out into it, and ran my fingers along the glass jars.

"The city of dreams." I stopped and turned around and laughed again.

"The...what?" I laughed and he grabbed my hand and pulled me close to him again.

"That's what it used to be called...follow me." He said as he pulled me over to the checkout desk and sat me up on the counter. After opening a drawer I didn't even know was there, he pulled out a little package.

He unwrapped the paper, to reveal a golden key on a chain. It was beautiful, with one sparkling purple gem on the middle of it. He carefully put it around my neck, then looked up at me.

"Wha--" He put his finger to my lips, making me stop talking, then began to explain himself.

"This key...is to protect you. I can't tell you everything now, but trust me." My mouth dropped and I looked down at the necklace, then back up.

"Okay, you can't be serious. This little necklace? And protect me from what? Monsters?" I started laughing, thinking this was all a joke, but he had a serious look on his face.

"Just promise me you won't take it off, until further notice?" I looked down again then got down from the desk. I looked up into his eyes and nodded.

"Okay, I guess." I said, walking over to the door.

"Oh no! It's getting really dark outside! I have to go!" I said, startled at my loss of time.

He grabbed my arm before I could slip out he door and held me close to him. I could feel my heart beating out of my chest. I'd never been this close with a boy before. It was exciting. He smiled and bent down to me. I could feel his cool breath across my lips and I leaned up just enough to feel our lips collide in pure ecstasy.

My first kiss was everything I expected and more. Our lips moved together perfectly and silently until he pulled away and looked at me, breathing heavily in the dark.

"Do you need a ride home?" He asked, casually as could be, considering what just happened. I touched my lips and nodded. Words wouldn't come out of my mouth. He grabbed his jacket and put it on as we walked around the building to a small black car.

He started the engine and smiled at me as I blushed and looked down at my fingers in my lap. His hand reached over and touched mine, making me jump. I intertwined my fingers with his warm ones and smiled. I would usually never let myself be so careless with a boy, being brought up the way I was.

But I had always been a curious one, always exploring and creating things. Getting in trouble with my elementary teachers for trying to make the lessons more "fun".

"Thanks for everything." I said as we pulled up in front of my house. I gave his hand a squeeze as I opened the door and got out and shut it behind me. I turned around one more time before running up the steps to my front door. I reached out to open it, but the door opened before I even touched the handle.

I walked in the door, greeted by Anita, who took my shoes so I didn't dirty up my mothers polished floors. I entered the parlor to see my mother who was waiting there patiently with her hands in her lap and tapping her fingers.

"Where have you been?" She asked in a stern, firm voice. I knew there was no way I was getting out of this one.

"I-I met a friend...down the street." I said as I sat down in the chair beside the couch she was sitting on.

"And you didn't bother to call or let us know you would be about--" She looked over at the clock on the wall. "--four hours late?" She cocked her eyebrow slightly and I looked down at my necklace.

"I lost track of time..." I said quietly.

"So, you walked home, alone?" She said, changing the question again.

"No, he gave me a ride home!" I blurted before thinking. My mothers eyebrows raised at me.

"You met a boy, and you gave him our address already? What else did you do without us knowing?" She said, making my mouth drop. I actually didn't even tell him where I lived...

"I-I..." I didn't know what to say, she wouldn't believe me anyways.

"Just go to bed. You're grounded by the way. And you have extra lessons tomorrow. Just letting you know." And that was the last word said as she left the room and I heard the door to her own shut.

I slowly got up from the chair and made my way to my room, up the stairs. I got my pajamas on and laid down on my bed.

The only thing I could think about was him...
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay, so, I would've updated last night, but I was at my mom's house.
And she has a mac laptop, and it didn't have a right-click thing...so I didn't know how to copy and paste being the PC-dumbass I am.
So, forgive me please.
Comments and subscribers would be appreciated!
And I really like where this story is going! (:

zingerlove<3