Status: Complete

Lost Without You

Thirteen

I continued to stand where Paul left me watching him follow the others outside and into the woods heading the direction of my place, which I wouldn’t be surprised if that was where they were going since Paul told them that he had smelled the vampire’s scent there. I stayed there until they were out of sight before turning my attention to Emily and Kim who were staring at me probably not knowing what to say. Taking a deep breath, I became a little self-conscious about the shirt that I was wearing to bed that I didn’t get a chance to change out of when Paul ordered me to change out of my pajamas. The men’s shirt was white and the bra that I was wearing was black so I wouldn’t be surprised if it was showing through the shirt even if it was rather baggy on me.

“Would you like a different shirt?” Emily asked walking toward me with a soft smile on her face despise the three long scars across her face. “I’m getting the feeling that Paul dragged you out before you could fully change.”

“I would hate to be a bother.” I said feeling guilty about Emily offering me a shirt to wear, because of Paul not giving me just half a minute to change shirts.

“It’s no problem.” Emily said taking my arm and pulling me upstairs into a room that I noticed that was the master’s bedroom where Sam and Emily sleep.

Everything in the room was made of oak from the look of it as well as hand built and I began to wonder if maybe Sam had built them. There was a small radio sitting on the dresser with a few small candles some which had already been used. The bed was covered with a crème lacey comforter that I quickly assumed Emily picked out and beside the bed were nightstands one with a lamp and the other with a clock. Along the walls in the room were a few pictures most of them of Sam and/or Emily while others had some other people that I didn’t recognize.

“Here, this should fit you.” Emily said taking my attention to hand over a dark t-shirt. “I’ll step out so you can change.”

She left the room pulling the door close behind her so I could change out of my night shirt into the t-shirt in private. I began to unbutton the shirt that I was wearing still glancing around the room and laid it on the bed. Grabbing the blue t-shirt, I pulled it over my head and grabbed mine to fold. With one last glance at the pictures around the room, they all change before my eyes where they no longer showed Emily and Sam, but Paul and me.

I shook my head walking toward the bedroom door and left the room taking my shirt with me not daring to look back. I couldn’t understand what had come over me for the pictures to change from Emily and Same to Paul and me. I walked down the stairs to find Emily at the stove still cooking and Kim moved from the table to the island so they could talk.. When I reached the bottom of the stairs they both turned to look at me sending me a soft smile before Emily went back to cooking and Kim patted the seat beside her for me to sit. Smiling, I walked over toward her and took the seat beside her, placing the shirt on the back of the chair.

“Are you okay?” Kim asked.

“Yeah, just a little freaked out, which I guess is normal.” I answered smiling.

“Yeah, Emily and I went through it, Emily more than me though. You’ll get used to it eventually.” Kim said.

I nodded as I watch Emily removed some sausage and bacon from a pan on the stove to a plate out to the side before putting more on the pan. I would kill myself if I had to cook food for a pack of wolves that eats like a pig. I’m not even sure how Emily can handle all of the pressure of feeding the pack almost all the time.

“Not want to sound rude or anything, but how can you handle feeding all of those guys?” I asked Emily earning a chuckle from her.

“It wasn’t all that easy at first, but I love to cook especially for them. They’re like family to me just as they are to each other.” Emily answered turning to face me.

I nodded my head understanding where she was coming from. We continued to talk among each other for nearly an hour until we heard the front door open and we looked to see the boys coming back inside. Paul was the last one to come in with a look that I knew he was angry and I figured that they lost the vampire that was looming around my house. Sam and Jared both greeted their imprints while Embry and Jacob sat down at the table already digging into the food that Emily had set on the table.

I got up from the seat to walk toward Paul who stood at the door and didn’t once look at me when he arrived. Reaching for him, he took my hand in his and pulled me outside away from everyone’s eye sight. Moving out of the door way and staying out of view of the window, Paul wrapped his arms around me and I returned the favor wrapping my arms around his waist. I pressed the side of my face against his chest hearing and feeling his heart beat. My eyes drifted close when Paul kissed the top of my head tightening his arms around me with his fingers brushing through my hair.

“I’m sorry.” Paul whispered into my hair as he continued to pet it. “I thought we could get her, but we couldn’t.”

“It’s okay, Paul. You’ll get her. I know you will.” I whispered looking up at him. “Don’t get too worked up over it.”

Paul nodded leaning down to press his lips against mine for a quick kiss before pulling me tighter against him again. I happily kissed him back before we pulled away and I kissed his revealed chest. I pressed my face against his chest to hear his heartbeat which was becoming close to lulling me to sleep.

“You know you’re amazing right?” Paul asked in a whispered.

“Nope, but it’s great to know.” I answered smiling.

“Good, because you are perfectly amazing.”

Chuckling I turned my face to kiss his chest against before looking up at him into his gorgeous warm brown eyes. “You are perfectly amazing as well.” Paul smiled and he leaned back down and pressed his lips against mine for a pretty heated kiss. When we pulled away, I said against his lips, “Don’t you ever forget that.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for it being short.
It's more of a filler.