Status: Complete

Lost Without You

Epilogue

A year has gone by, Paul and I continued to grow strong with each and every day passing. We graduated from high school, moved into a small house together after Paul got a job, and I entered Forks technical college. Everything was going great for the two of us and we couldn’t be happier than we are. We even talked about getting married and having a family, but suggested that we would wait.

I had just left school and was making my way home glad that Paul had asked for the night off so would spend some time together since we haven’t been able to these past few months since I enter college and Paul got his job. Pressing the accelerator down to the point where I was going a little over the speed limit, I couldn’t wait to get home and I wanted to get there now. Thankfully there wasn’t any police out today and I made it home in no time to see Paul’s truck sitting in the driveway in the same position it was in this morning when I left.

Parking my Jeep, I grabbed my messenger bag and cardigan from the passenger’s side before climbing out, locking the doors behind me. Walking up to the door getting the house key from my pocket, I stopped in my tracks upon reaching the door to see three red roses taped on the door along with a small paper. Smiling, I pulled the roses and paper off to see that there was a note writing in the folded paper. I opened the paper up and read:

Roses are red,

With a smile still on my face I opened the door with the keys feeling my feet stepping on something that felt sort of soft. Looking down I saw a trail of blue and violet flower petals leading toward the hallway of the house down to the bedroom. I called out Paul’s name wondering what the heck was going on and walked toward the sofa to lay my stuff down. Calling out Paul’s name again, not getting any kind of answer, I kicked off my shoes and began to follow the trail of petals seeing another folded piece of paper. I leaned down to pick up the paper and opened it to read:

Violets are blue,

A small giggle escaped from my mouth knowing what this was going to be about. Paul just wanted to do something romantic for me which obviously involved making a mess to do so. I continued down the trail of violet petals to the hallway where it stopped, but in the middle of the hallway was a small bowl of candy with a paper sitting on top. I bent down to pick up the bowl and paper to see mostly my favorite chocolate candies. Unfolding the paper already having an idea of what it was going to say, I read:

You are sweet,

Shoving the three pieces of paper in my back pocket of my shorts I picked a Hersey Kiss from the bowl of candy to unwrap and throw in my mouth as I continued down the hallway until I stopped in front of the bedroom door. Feeling the chocolate melt in my mouth, I quickly tried to hurry up eating the chocolate piece reaching out for the cut out heart that was taped on the door. Peeling it off the door, I saw that the last line of the silly love poem written on it in Paul’s handwriting.

I love you.

Opening the bedroom door, I expected to see Paul standing there waiting or even on the bed, but when I stepped inside, I didn’t see him anywhere in sight. I laid the bowl of candy on the dress that sat against the wall in front of the bed and pulled the little notes out of my back pocket to lie down beside it not wanting to ruin them. Walking over toward the bed, still looking around in search of Paul wondering where he would be because I know he could’ve heard me pulling down the drive, coming into the house and calling his name. Glancing down at the bed, I saw a small velvet black box sitting at the foot of the bed and for a minute my heart stopped beating. I picked it up and opened the box to see a silver ring with three small diamonds sitting on top.

I heard the door closed behind me and I turned around see Paul moving from behind the door where he was hiding. Looking over him, I noticed he had dressed up really well in a pair of black slacks and a white button down shirt, rather handsome and extremely sexy if I must say. With a smile adoring his face, he took the box from my hand taking the ring out before setting the box back down on the bed and got down on one knee. A gasp escaped from my lips as tears began to slowly develop in my eyes.

“Emmanuelle Carter, you are my best friend, my love and my life. I love you with all of my heart and I can’t picture my life without you. I would literally be lost without you. Will you marry me?” Paul asked.

By now a few tears have managed down my face and I couldn’t stop them. Paul took one of my hands in his gently squeezing it still looking up at me with a smile waiting for me to answer. And I had my answer.

“Yes.” I whispered through my tears.

Paul’s smile grew bigger as he slipped the ring on my left ring finger before jumping up and taking me in his arms, smashing his lips against mine. I happily kissed him back wrapping my arms around his neck circling my hand up into his hair. Paul led me backwards until my knee came in contact with the foot of the bed and then pushed me back until I was lying on the bed. Leaving one arm around my waist and removing on to hold himself up, he pulled me further up on the bed laying my head on one of the pillows never moving his lips from mine.

I unwrapped my arms from wound his neck to start unbutton Paul’s shirt. Soon, I felt Paul trying to remove my shirt and I fought back with a smile coming onto my face. Paul growl against my lips before he ripped open my shirt, but I didn’t make a big deal since it was an old shirt. Eventually, I had finished unbutton Paul’s shirt and pushed it off his shoulders letting him finish removing it to throw it across the room followed by my ripped up shirt that I also pulled off.

Paul pulled his lips from mine to begin to kiss along my jaw line and down my neck. He continued kissing further down in between my breast until he reached my black lacy bra before kissing back up. I curled my arms back around Paul’s shoulder scratching lightly at them burying my face in the nook of his neck to keep myself from moaning out.

“Paul?” I whispered hoarsely taking his attention. “Make love to me.”

Paul smiled leaning down to press his lips against mine again. “I’d love to, Mrs. Parker.”
♠ ♠ ♠
♥ The End ♥