Status: will be updated as much as possible :)

But Would It Do More Harm This Way?

Chapter 10

It had been a long year. I had to leave everything behind; friends, the little family I actually associated with, my job. I couldn't even contact Tamara. I simply left her a letter telling her I was leaving and I hoped we'd see each other again. Not that I'm the only one who made sacrifices; Shaun left a lot behind too. He had a job, friends and family all of his own that he'd left - his whole life. I insisted numerous times not to, but he wouldn't listen. He's just stubborn that way I suppose. He ended up selling his house so he could afford to buy one where we now lived. Moving from New South Wales to Brisbane was a bit of a change. Definitely more humid up here; not enjoyable, let me tell you. It was peaceful though. No troubles with Kevin or my mother and I couldn't be happier. I was no longer tempted to drink or self harm, I was holding a stable job - everything was turning around.

"Hey Felicity, where's The Nightmare Before Christmas?" Shaun called out from the lounge room.
"Did you look in the dvd player?" I asked, flipping through the book I was currently reading; Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas. It was Shaun's, but he always had his nose in it that I just had to see what the fuss was all about. I actually enjoyed it.
"Of course I-oh, found it." He replied, sounding a bit sheepish.
"You're welcome." I heard footsteps enter the room and the bed dip a little beside me.
"You're always reading that book." He stated.
"sound familiar?"
"Oh, ha ha. Now put it down and come watch a movie with me." I looked over at him. Big mistake. He put on the whole pout and puppy dogs eyes. It was just impossible to say no to that face! I sighed, placing a bookmark in between the pages and placing it on the bookshelf.
"Let's go then." He grinned widely and grabbed my hand, basically dragging me down the hallway and onto the couch.

--

Halfway through the movie, I got a sudden craving for ice cream.
"Honey, do we have any ice cream?" I asked, resting my head on his shoulder and looking up at him. He had a look of deep though for a few moments before answering.
"No, I don't think we do." I sighed deeply. "Would you like some?" I nodded enthusiastically, smiling big. "I'll be back in a little bit." I kissed him sweetly before replying with a 'thank you.' He rolled his eyes. "The things I do for you."
"I love you!" I called as he walked out the door.
"You better!" was his reply. I giggled a little to myself.

Life was a lot better here, and I wouldn't change it for anything in the world. Things were perfect just the way they were. Although, I wouldn't mind seeing Tamara again. I missed her so much. Shaun would occasionally call Jack and chat with him and we'd talk through them. It just wasn't enough. I missed my best friend. I found my eyes getting watery. Damn being so emotional!

When Shaun returned, I was wiping away the tears that had escaped my eyes.
"Baby, what's wrong? Are you okay?" He looked a little panicky.
"I'm fine. I just miss Tamara. Nothing dramatic." I laughed a little, feeling a bit ridiculous. He breathed in relief.
"Do you want your ice cream?" He asked. I just nodded. He kissed my temple and went into the kitchen to get me a spoon. He returned, handed it to me and resumed the movie. It was his favourite - he was such a child. He could recite it word-for-word, and often did. I had to admit it was kind of cute. He caught me staring at him and turned to face me.
"Yes?"
"Nothing." I smiled at him. "I love you."
"I love you too." He replied before kissing my deeply.
♠ ♠ ♠
I live! :L wow, it's certainly been a while. And I apologise that first one back is a filler, I have to get back into the swing of this story. Now that I no longer have school, I won't have that as a distraction so let's hope I stick to it this time. I actually really like writing this story. Also, sorry if this is super duper sappy :L