Half a Sin

Drama quen

Ville ended up spending the night on the sofa. The only words Elisabet said to him were "You can sleep on the sofa. Good night." They sat on the balcony for an hour, just looking at the stars. Words would have ruined the moment.

But Ville was waken by a feeling of someone watching him. When he opened his eyes, he saw Kristofer staring at him.

"I made coffee," was all he said and then left to the kitchen.

Ville stood up and followed him. He sat behind the kitchen table as Kristofer made his coffee. He knew how Ville liked it, so he didn't have to ask. He gave the coffee to Ville and than sat next to him, still looking at him. After some seconds later, he spoke.

"I hope you better not be making my mom unhappy or sad."

Ville was stunned at the fact that he spoke Finnish perfectly. Kristofer spoke again.

"I might be seven, but I'm not dumb. I know what's going on. My mom is in love with you and I hope that you are in love with her. Besides, I like you as a man for my mom, because you make her happy. And I can see myself calling you dad."
"You're really smart."
"I'm to smart for my own good. That's what mom keeps telling me."
"How do you speaks Finnish?"
"TV."
"Okay."

At that point Kristofer walked to his room, leaving Ville drinking his coffee in the kitchen.

Kristofer made Ville think that maybe, just maybe things aren't that bad. Maybe there is something that can be saved. And he smiled.
♠ ♠ ♠
Chapter title by Cherryland "Draamakuninganna"