Half a Sin

Hopelessness you

Elisabet had made her way to down town of Helsinki, still thinking about what Alo had said to her. She just couldn't shake what he said from her mind. He had a point.

About four years ago, when she had started working as a press manager for Estonias football team, she had a hot and short fling with an estonian rocker Tanel Padar. After that, she was involved with Alo, as she was before Tanel. When she found Alo cheating, she was single for about a years and then her path crossed with the lead singer of estonians band Shanon. Taavi and Elisabet seemed to be like the perfect couple, but Elisabet could stand Taavi touring the clubs and Taavi couldn't stand how much Elisabet loved football. So they stayed as friends. Since then, Elisabet has had one night things with footballers. Until she found herself in the arms of Miku. They have been an item until then. One of those on and off couples.

Elisabet had been shopping for hours until she found a little cafe, where she thought she would have a latte. She ordered her latte and then walked up to a table, sat down and put her headphones on, to listen to HIM. She also toke her laptop out of her bag and started to do a little bit of work. Suddenly she felt a knock on her shoulder. She looked up and took her headphones off.

"I'm sorry, but I was wondering if I could sit down at your table, seeing as there are no free tables," the man said, who looked familiar.
"Of course you may," Elisabet said as she thought who he was that he looked so familiar.
"So, what are you listening?"
"HIM," and then it hit her. It was Ville Valo, the lead singer of HIM.
"Are they any good?" he asked with a smile.
"They are okay I guess," she thought she'd play a game, that she didn't know who he was.
"Just okay?" he was suprised by that answer.
"Yeah, I mean The Rasmus is better," she said as she was laughing out loud in her head.
"Seriously? You think The Rasmus is better than HIM?" he was starting to panic.
"Okay, okay. HIM is the one of the best. I can't put you, Queen and Bon Jovi in a top three."
"Good, I thought I was going to have a heart attack, because I thought you didn't know who I was."
"You don't look like a person who cares if people know who he is or not. You seem to be a person who wants their privacy."
"I am, but if a person listens to my music and doesn't know who I am, that scares me."
"Haven't you thought about it like this - if a person listens to your music and doesn't know how you look like, then he or she loves your music not you."
"That is a very good point. I'm Ville."
"Elisabet."

They sat in the cafe for hours, talking about everything. At one point Elisabet looked at her clock.

"Oh shit, I'm late."
"Where to?"
"Stadium. I have work there."
"What do you work as?"

Elisabet laughed.

"What's so funny?"
"We talked hours about everything, but I didn't even tell you what I do for work."
"Tell me now."
"I'm Estonia football team press manager."
"Football?"
"Yeah, it's my number one love and the fact that I can do what I love as a job, that's just fantastic."

They paid for their drinks and walked out of the cafe.

"Can I see you tonight, Elisabet?"
"Yeah sure."

She wrote her hotel name and hotel room number on his hand and gave him a hug. With that, she was running to the stadium.