Half a Sin

On both side of the road

Elisabet was woken up by a knock on the door in the morning. She checked the time from her mobile phone. When she saw that it was 6 AM, she felt mad, because the ship leaves at 1 PM today. But the knocking wouldn't stop. So she got up, put some clothes on and went to answer it. As soon as she opened the door, she regretted it. It was Miku.

"Hey ya, may I come in?" Miku asked, it was clear that he had been drinking.
"Yes you may, just close the door behind you," she said as she made her way back to the bed.

Miku sat next to her on the bed and just stared her.

"What?" she asked in an angry manner.

Miku din't say a word, he just looked at her.

"You have to have a good reason why I'm up at 6 AM when I could have slept until 10 AM, seeing as the ship goes 1PM."

Miku then stood up and kneeled infront of her.

"I saw a man coming out of your hotel room last night, well this morning. Are you cheating on me?"

Elisabet stood up from the bed and walked away from Miku, knowing what she had to say. Even if she'd ruin his dreams of them being an old couple.

"Look Miku, the thing is that I'm sick and tired of being in this relationship with you. On and off, on and off. Every single week we go trough the same shit. I'm so done with what we have. I want us to be friends, but I just can't be like this. It's killing me to say this, but that's the truht."

Miku looked at her with a blank stare in his face. He got up walked to the door, but then turned around.

"Do you know why I came here?"

Elisabet shook her head.

"Well, now you know."

Miku took a little small black box from his pocket and let it fell to the floor. then he left. Elisabet looked at the box, then went to pick it up. She looked at the box for few seconds and then she opened it. It was what she had thought it would be. A ring. An engagement ring. She started to cry. She didn't understand why she was crying, but she was.

ˇˇˇˇ
When the ship had arrived in Tallinn, Elisabet made her way quickly out of the harbor, where Mary was waiting her with Kristofer. When he saw her, he ran to her and she picked him up.

"Oh baby boy, I have missed you."
"Mommy, it was just two days."
"I know, but you are my world, so I miss you even if I don't see you for a minute."
"I missed you too, mommy."
"Have you been a good boy?"
"Yes."
"Then I have something for you."

She put him down and then opened her bag to take out a CD. She gave it to him and when he saw it, his sparkling blue eyes sparked even more.

"Mommy, how did you get this?"
"Yeah, how did you get an autographed HIM CD?" Mary asked.
"I have my ways," Elisabet said and mouthed Mary that she would tell her later.

They made their way to Mary's car, what was a Toyota. They sat in it and drove to Elisabet apartment.

They evening was passed by making food, watching TV and playing Monopoly. When it was 10 PM, Elisabet put Kristofer to bed. When Kristofer was sound a sleep, Elisabet closed his door, went to the kitchen to get two classes, bottle of white wine and a bottle opener. She made her way to the sofa in the living room and sat next to Mary, who was already waiting for the story she was promised when she picked Elisabet up.

"So, Liisu, tell me everything."
"Well, the first thing is that I broke up with Mihkel."
"Really?"
"Yeah."
"Okay, there's more to that story."
"He wanted to ask me to marry him."
"What?"
"Yeah."
"That's huge. How did he react when you told him no?"
"Well, I didn't really tell him no. I kinda made a speech and then before he left my room, he dropped the ring box on the floor."
"Wow. How do you feel?"
"I know that it's for the better, but a part of me still wants him."
"Give this time. It's not easy seeing what the both of you have been trough."
"Thanks."
"Now tell me about the CD."
"Well, I kinda met Ville and then we started talking, but then I had to get to the stadium and then when i got back to my hotel room, he came there. We chatted about four hours, then he went, but before that, he gave me the CD with his autograph, because I told him, how much Kris loves HIM."
"That's all you did with the Finnish sex god?"
"Well..."
"Yes?"
"He did kiss me."
♠ ♠ ♠
All the conversation is in Estonian. The chapter's title is an Estonian song - "Mõlemal pool teed" by Blacky.