Status: One/Two

Hesitate

Two/Two

It was game night Alyssa was dressed in a plain red shirt and black hoodie with a pair of fitted jeans. As she headed out the door she blew a kiss to her daughter as Mr. and Mrs. Mitchell read to her. Alyssa didn’t want Ben to meet Cori just yet. She decided after the game to find Ben and talk to him first.

Finding her seat wasn’t hard; unfortunately it was right behind the hawk’s bench. Sitting until she heard the starting buzzer her knee wouldn’t stay still. It was now second period she has been looking at her phone multiple times to see if the Mitchell’s have called if Cori turned up with a fever so Alyssa could leave. Then before you know it, it was the end of the game and Hawks’ lost 4-2. This made her nervous more because if she remembers Ben after a lose it was never good. Rushing out of her seat she headed to the visitor locker room.

Waiting for twenty minuets for them to come out the door, she was debating leaving now that she was only a few minuets away from facing Ben. Alyssa decided that leaving was the better choice. It is best if he doesn’t know he has a kid. It is best if she doesn’t see him because she is still madly in love with him. It is best because she doesn’t want her heart broken again. Leaning straight up from the wall she turned and walked away, “Alyssa?”
She stopped in her tracks wanting to turn and face the voice that she just heard. Alyssa hesitated but turned around anyway. “Hi Ben.”

“What are you doing here?” he asked now standing in front of her.

“Uhm..I moved to St. Louis after…well you know.”

“Oh…so how ya been?”

“I’ve been good, busy mostly. I got a lot on my plate.” She wanted to just come out and say it but for some reason she didn’t know how.

“That’s good. Look I gotta head out. Dinner with the team so…” Ben said not hugging her, not smiling, not anything. He walked right past her.

“Ben wait…we need to talk.” She said.

“I can’t Alyssa.”

“Please…come to my place. I swear it won’t take long, promise.” Tears were now in her eyes.

Ben noticed the tears welling up in her eyes. “Is everything okay?”

“I just...Please let’s just talk at my place.”

“Alright I’ll follow you.” He said and they both headed to their cars without a word to one another.

They arrived at the apartment within fifteen minuets. Walking up the stairs Alyssa tried to make small talk but she was just happy she got to see him again. “Let me go in first because it is probably a mess." The older couple had left when Abby had called them as she pulled in the driveway. Cori wasn’t alone because the couple remained by the door until they saw her upstairs. They were very supportive of Alyssa; they already knew her whole situation.

Alyssa checked on Corrine and saw she was in her crib fast asleep. Picking up the toys on the way to the door she the let Ben in. “So what did you want to talk about?” he asked taken in her apartment. He saw the playpen and various toys around it. “You have a daycare or something?” he asked.

“Something like that…Sit Ben; you’re going to want to sit.” She said as she stayed standing.
Alyssa paced a bit trying to think of how to tell Ben. “Alyssa come one just say it alright.”

“You have a daughter.” She said quickly.

“What?”

“I found out I was pregnant the day after you cheated on me. I didn’t come back and tell you because you said you didn’t want kids and I didn’t really want to be a burden so I left so you wouldn’t have to meet her but then Dave and Troy came and said…"

“STOP!” he yelled. “I have a kid and you thought I shouldn’t know? What the fuck Alyssa!
Just because I said I didn’t want kids doesn’t mean I would just let you take care of it and not do my part. How could you do this? What the hell were you thinking?” he said now calm a bit.

“I’m sorry…I just couldn’t not after what happened. Ben she looks so much like you, she is so beautiful.” Alyssa said in a whisper now joining Ben on the couch.

His head was in his hands, “I want to see her, now please.” They both got up and Alyssa showed him to the nursery. Ben saw a small little person in the crib he looked down at.
“Can I hold her?” he asked. Alyssa shook her head. What was amazing to Alyssa is how Ben looked so natural with Cori. Finally seeing the man she loves and his daughter together made her cry. “I still love you.” He said.

“What?” she asked not understanding his whisper.

“I still love you, I never stopped.” He said now looking at Alyssa. “Move back in with me?” he asked with Cori in his arms, not even awoken for a minuet. All Alyssa could do was smile.
♠ ♠ ♠
FINISHED! Enjoy.