Status: Looking for authors :)

All is Fair in Love and Hate: A Hundred Letters

to an egocentric self righteous jerk...

Hey, you.

I used to be in love with you. Or in love with the idea of you. You were tall, somewhat good looking, super smart, funny, and nice. You cared about me, you talked to me, you were great. We’ve been through ups and down, but we were never “together.” You didn’t ask me out because you didn’t like my best friend. That’s fine. I didn’t like her to begin with; so I stopped talking to her almost a year after you and I first met, when I found that out.

You and I, we had an odd relationship. We met in September, you got together with another girl in November and broke up in December. We talked until the end of January, and I didn’t talk to you again until June, because you were so moody and rude sometimes that I just didn’t want to deal with you. I should have realized that it was hopeless because you never, ever tried talking to me; I always initiated it.

We talked for a whole month; the month I stopped talking to my best friend. And it was great, and I got my wish; you wanted to hang out with me. I should have realized that you were starting to fall for me for real, and that’s why you started pursuing other girls; but I realized after the fact that you only go for girls you don’t truly like. I stopped talking to you because you frustrate me to no end, and I’m sorry. I regretted the fact that I deleted you from my life for about a month, and now that I’m done explaining background information, I need to get this off my chest.

I fucking hate you.

You are a selfish, egotistical jerk. First off, do NOT send me messages telling me to get over it, 3 months after the last time we talked. I am SO over it. I’m BEYOND over it. I have moved onto other guys; you’re not an active part of my life. I graduated. I know. I’m in University. I KNOW. Thanks for telling me. YOU were the one who came to my school. I was doing my daily routine, so do NOT tell my best friend that you saw me stalking you all day. Get the FUCK over yourself.

ALSO. Your ego took a beating when, after I stopped talking to you, I went right back to being friends with my old best friend, even though you hated her. And I told her everything. I was honest with her. You couldn’t stand the fact that I left you for someone we both didn’t like very much. You had to go and tell her that I was lying, and that you don’t hate her. She was mad at me for “lying” to her for SO long after that.

Until you decided to go for her other best friend, and contrary to when you had a thing with me, you told this new girl straight up that you didn’t want her talking to her friend.

I loved you so much, but I know now that there’s something wrong with you.

You are the one who is obsessed with talking about me now that we’re not a part of each others lives, and you’re obsessed with ruining my best friend’s life, even though she’s never been anything but nice to you.

I could never hate you before, but now I do. And if I ever have the misfortune to see you again, I will tell you how much of an egotistical self centered jerk you are, and I will tell you to get the fuck over yourself.

Marinalovesto—panic