It's Perfectly Fine to Be a Gay Individual

A Paint Covered Pile of Girls

"Jeezus, Melvin! Will you pin it already!? I'm tired of spotting you. My arms hurt." I complain as we all were hanging decorations in the great room.

"It's not my fault it keeps falling! Sheesh!" she says, glancing down at me briefly.

"You know, Melvin. Maybe you should cut down on the sugar. Your ass looks pretty huge from down here." She turns around again and sticks her tongue out at me. Then she throws a ball of tape at my head.

"Jerk." I just chuckle to myself and start whistling "The So Long Song" from Blue's Clues.

"Hey Bob! You're whistling our song!" Josh says from across the room.

Done with pinning the streamer to the wall, Melvin steps off of the ladder.

"You have a song!? I want a song!" she says.

Then, Nick walks into the room with pumpkin confetti pieces stuck to her face.

"You know what would be cool? If we had a sorority song." She says, the pumpkins moving with her cheeks.

"As good as that sounds..." I start, but am interrupted by the doorbell.

"I got it!" Sean yells from the hallway. All of the girls, from their various locations around the house scramble to the front in curiosity of who would be coming here.

Sean opened the door, and there stood a girl with my flyer in hand with her eyes wide, looking inside out of curiosity.

"Can we help you?" Leo says nicely, stepping up front and curtsying.

"Sure you can." She says, repeating Leo's action. We stepped aside, letting her in, and she grinned.

"I want to be an Ass Kicking Lamo. I'm Emma."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

By the end of the day, Eric had all of her things moved into the house. And I needed to give her a job for the party.

"I don't know. What do you do best?" I ask her. She looks thoughtful for a second, and then gasps.

"I can bake!" she says excitedly. "I mean, what's a party without pie? Pumpkin pie?" she asks, grinning.

"Oh my gosh, you're so right! We need food!" I say, slapping my hand against my head.

"Its okay, Bob. We forget many things." She says, patting my shoulder. "So, grocery store?"

"Yes, but we should probably finish what we started here." I say. Just then, Melvin comes swinging my way like Tarzan on an orange fuzzy streamer and lands in the foyer with a thud. Leo, Sean, Nick, and Shaant hurry into the room.

"Did you make it!?" Shaant asks before looking down and getting her answer. "Guess not."

"I did make it! I just had kind of a bumpy landing..." Melvin says, getting up and wobbling to stay on her feet for a minute.

Josh enters the room with her hands orange and covered in guts, and looks at all of us.

"Okay, first, where the hell is Lionel? Second, the pumpkins are gutted, no thanks to her." She said.

"Yay! We get to start carving!" Leo says, thrusting the knife in her hand upwards.

Shaant, who was standing next to her, ducks immediately.

"Leo! Watch where you fly that thing!" she says. Leo grins sheepishly and runs into the kitchen, followed by everyone else, including Eric, and except Shaant.

"I need you to take out the flyers for the party and post them around campus." I say. She salutes and heads out, while I go to the kitchen to make sure Leo hasnt stabbed anyone.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Shaant had begun to hum to herself until someone came behind her while she was posting the flyer to a pole.

"What's that?" the girl asks out of curiosity.

"A Halloween party." Shaant answers turning to face her.

"For the Ass Kicking Lamos?" she asks.

"Yeah! You know about us?" Shaant asks.

"Sure I do. I heard two juniors talking about it when they were coming out of Professor Burns' class. They were calling each other guy names. Sean and Melvin I think..."

"Oh yeah, they are some of my sorority sisters."

"Oh...so how do I join?" Shaant's eyes bulged and she gasped.

"You wanna join!?" Hannah nods, a bit confused at her excitement.

"Shouldn't I?" she asks.

"Of course you should! Help me tape the rest of these up and you can come back with me. Then, after Bob says you can join, she will by the way, she always does, you'll have to move into the house." Shaant explains.

"Oh, okay. And why were your sisters calling each other guy names?" she asks.

"It's our thing. You'll be getting one too."

When Shaant and Hannah came to the house, they walked into the always unlocked front door and all of the girls stopped abruptly. There we stood, frozen and covered in black and orange paint.

"We can explain!" Sean started.

"No need. Guys, Hannah here wants to join." Shaant says, trying to figure out mainly why everyone was covered in splotches of paint and she wasn't in on it. Jerks. Humph.

"Really!? Hi Hannah!" Melvin says, waving at her with an orange hand.

"HI! So can I be in this?" Hannah asked excitedly.

"Sure you can...you just need a guy name. Eric here just joined today." I say. Eric waves and accidentally flicks paint onto Leo. "I got it! Harry!" I say finally. Hannah claps, and someone knocks on the wood of the door molding behind them.

"Uh...hi? It's not too late to um...be apart of AKL, is it? I mean, I think I want to join. I don't know...maybe! Well, anyway I'm Anna! And...I LIKE MINT CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES!" she says.

Everyone stops and looks at her strangely. Melvin scratches her head.

"Well, um you're in? I think your name now is Alexander...maybe. And...WELCOME TO THE SISTERHOOD!" was my almost identical response.

She grins and jumps up and down. Melvin does the same, then Nick, then Eric, Leo, and the rest of us.

"Three members in one day!? This calls for a hug." Melvin says, opening her arms. We all look at her for about two seconds before mass tackling her to the ground. Soon we're just a pile of girls the floor covered in paint.

"Oh yeah, why are you guys covered in black and orange paint?" Shaant asks. So Josh speaks up.

"Well I suggested we paint the foyer in black and orange stripes." Her response comes out muffled, because she's at the bottom.

"Though we have no experience whatsoever." Sean adds, from on top of Melvin.

"Well, I bought this paint while you were gone. And due to the fact that I hardly have money most of the time, we are finishing this, gosh dangit!" I say.

"Who the hell just put their foot on my ass!?" And that marked the end of that conversation.