‹ Prequel: Contumacious
Status: On Going

Be my Love

Scared Shitless

You know that whole ‘meeting the parents’ thing that you have to do when you’re dating someone? It’s awkward as fuck and the whole time you just sit there as they glare holes into your head wishing that they could bring true bodily harm down on you, but they can’t so instead you’re left with the visions that you just know are going through their sadistic minds. Yeah… the looks that Dai’s dad… Ryan I think? Was giving me brought back those horrible memories and the reminder of why I didn’t date.

If it wasn’t fucking awkward enough that I had to watch the whole scene and feel like a tool, things didn’t get any better from there. I wanted to leave, but if I did that then that would make me a coward… which… in such situations, I might be okay with accepting. I could just feel… I swear his name is Ryan, but whatever, was digging my unmarked grave in the backwoods in his mind. I could just feel the soil bearing down on my chest and there wasn’t any real threat at the moment; but it could be and that was the point.

I didn’t realize that I’d been backing away until I hit my head on the wall. I turned and glared at it for being in my way, but recovered quickly. If I didn’t pay attention I would end up on the ground again. I was still a tad shocked that Dai had tackled me. My mission of getting a rise out of him was still on and I should have been prepared for the attack, but the emotion… ew… I… I don’t do emotions. They’re gross and horrible and make life so uncomfortable. Quite frankly, I had better things to do than allow my emotions to run my life… well… the touchy feely gross ones that is.

When I looked back I found… Ryan, his name is Ryan I’ve decided, was standing in front of me with that look on his face. I could just feel my ego shrinking in the face of this man. Now, before anyone makes fun of me, parents scare the fucking shit out of me. It didn’t matter that the other man was only a good inch or so taller than me, or that I obviously had a good 25 pounds of muscle mass on him… he was still fucking terrifying. I didn’t say a word, just stared and hoped that he wasn’t planning my slow, agonizing death in front of his family. Witnesses are a bad thing.

“We should talk.”

I could hear the contempt in his voice. Those words had triggered the biggest fight or flight response that I’ve ever experienced as my head was vehemently telling me to the get the fuck out of there. My body, it seems, was terrified into obedience as I numbly followed the older man into the kitchen.

“Sit down.”

Get the fuck out of there, he’s going to take a knife to your throat and slice it open. Not even going to bother with putting a tarp down to hide the evidence; he was going to revel in the point that his son’s tormentor had drowned in his own blood.

Even with all that screaming through my head, I sat down like a mindless rock. Ryan just sat down across from me and stared… Great! Just fucking great, as if I wasn’t already scared out of my wits, he’s doing the staring. I could practically feel the fear induced aneurism just begging to explode as I figuratively sweat buckets onto their kitchen floor.

“Seems we have a problem… child I don’t know the name of…”

I went to speak up but was quickly cut off with a death glare. Seriously… it’s a miracle that I’m still alive. I kept my mouth shut after that.

“I love my son, and I hate seeing him in pain. And when I have the source of that pain in my clutches, it’s very hard for me to resist ridding him of such a nuisance. However, I have a feeling he won’t be entirely happy with me for dealing with his problems permanently. That being said, I am still threatening you. If I come home and he’s in tears because of you again… Well… I’m not opposed to violence.”

Each word was dripping with intent, he wasn’t kidding. I could see him digging my too obscure to find grave in his head, and feel the blade that he would take to my throat… if I was even given that mercy. I couldn’t do anything but nod and mentally promise to never make Dai cry ever again with the threat of unending pain for the rest of what was sure to be a short lived existence. I’ve never been so scared of someone in my life, not even my own father.

“Good. Now that that’s settled, you’re going to take that project back to your house and actually work on it, because we both know that my son is in no shape to continue it tonight. I expect a raving review about the work done on it tomorrow.”

I could really only nod and practically trip over my feet trying to race out of the kitchen. I didn’t see Dai or his other father as I grabbed the pile of shit, that suddenly looked so inviting I could practically kiss it, and race out of the house. I could just imagine the look of accomplishment on Ryan’s face as I jumped in my car and all but teleported home with how fast I was going. It’s a wonder I wasn’t stopped, not that I would have noticed.

The next few hours were spent on my bed, trying to make sense of what had just happened back there. I didn’t even want to think about what would happen if they found out that I was the asshole that beats their son senseless everyday… or if they knew and my attitude towards Dai even at his own home was just the kicker to his annoyance with me. All I knew was that I needed to tone my shit down and get this project done… or… at least more done than it was now.

I spent the better part of the night just trying to figure out what the directions were saying before finally youtubing the damn thing and following the directions from there. I have to say the internet is a whole load of information, and consequentially a million times more helpful than any teacher I’ve ever had. After watching the description about a million times I finally started making a little bit of progress. Of course, after firing the glass together on a few sides I had to get back to polishing the glass again.

At 3 I finally collapsed… who would have thought that homework could be this exhausting? Needless to say, I was praying that I’d done enough to keep Dai’s fathers’ at least subdued. For safety’s sake… I surely hope so. The last thing I need is to explain to my father what I did to piss off some psychopath.
♠ ♠ ♠
Word count: 1196

... hey

I don't even have an excuse right now. I'm not going to try, but I am going to ask for your forgiveness. I think that I just had a meltdown with this story in particular. Everything that I wrote was just... horrible, and I never felt like they were good enough to post. Also, I know this isn't quite as long as I had intended, and doesn't cover half of what I was asked to... but I hope that it's decent enough.

Also... this chapter is dedicated to Slash-a-holic. She's kept bothering me to write, and I know that she gave up a little, but I just want to say thank you for having a little faith in me. I don't even know if she's still subscribed or if that's even still her username, but I really appreciate it. :) So thank you.

-- Becca

ps... someone go bother Ankica, I know that she'll be quicker than I. :)