‹ Prequel: Contumacious
Status: On Going

Be my Love

Bruised but Still Going

I think that going home after a fight when you're the one that has gotten your ass handed to you is probably one of the worst things that I've ever had to deal with. My parents were less than happy with having to drag me across the threshold that night. It's not the first time that I've come home like this, and it likely won't be the last. However, it's been a while and the look of horror on my mother's face was the last thing that I wanted to see. I always feel bad for making them worry about me, but you'd think that they'd learn that there's really no point. They know that I'm into a lot of shit, but they're really not ones to judge. From the stories that they've told me, even though I'm only getting snippets here and there, don't portray them as the angels that they pretend to be in the slightest.

"You going to tell me what happened this time?" my dad asked from the doorway, just watching as I cleaned off some of the dried blood.

See, we had a deal. If I got myself into trouble then they would bail me out of it, but if there were any physical injuries then it was up to me to take care of them. On a fiscal scale, people might think of arrests and such, and how that would put my parents out a fair bit more than myself. However, they're forgetting that I have to take care of physical injuries, so if I had to go the hospital then it was my pocketbook that was being opened... unless it wasn't of my own doing, like someone crashing their car into me...bastards.

"I don't think that there's anything to tell," I explained shortly as I winced from the alcohol; hurt like a bitch, but it was better than any other disinfectant.

I grimaced as I ran my fingers gently over the small cuts and scratches that would likely bruise once they were done being red and angry. Both of my eyes were blackened by this point and I'm surprised that I didn't have blood vessels in my eyes ready to explode considering how black they had become in the last hour since I'd managed to drag myself home. My neck was supporting red burns from the pressure that the kid had held me, and didn't look like they would be turning color any time soon. I could already see a few of the the smaller bruises taking on a yellowish hue, showing signs of healing. I suppose that it was a good sign for those ones, but I'm slightly concerned about my neck. Might have to have it checked out... great I won't even go into what I'm sure my ribs looked like, because if the pain was any indication then I don't want to know what they actually look like.

"Jaiden."

"What dad? I'm cleaning myself up so there's really nothing to talk about. I'm not asking for any help."

I wasn't in the best of moods if that wasn't entirely evident in the first place, and answering questions really wasn't going to help. It was bad enough that I couldn't fucking get this stupid kids face and actions out of my head. It's always embarrassing to get the shit beat out of you, but when they started to gain the upper hand by kissing you... now that's low and completely uncalled for!And it wasn't like I was thinking about the feel of his lips against mine, or that they were possibly the softest lips that I've ever had against mine... Stop it brain! Of course just having his face run through my head over and over again wad enough. I did not need to be thinking about that.

I can see everything that he did to us all in slow motion; it's like my brain's own personal joke. I can't just suffer in real time, I have to live through it painfully slowly. I thought that it would have been possible for me to just let it go, but it seems as though the white, yes I said white, locks of hair gracing his face softly as he literally moved through us like we were completely inexperienced fighters. I probably should have thought before I threatened the.. kid?, people with white hair are not to be trusted. Seriously! Grandpa and grandma seem so lovely and quaint with their pure white hair just laying there complacently, and then you piss them off and suddenly their freakin' karate experts! Where the fuck did that one come from?! I don't even want to know what the deal behind my parents is because honestly, my mom scares the shit outta me when she's angry. So yeah, shoulda thought about that before I decided to be a dick.

Honestly, I don't even know why were in the park. I do know that we ran into Michael and I just had to know if he knew anything about out dearest Dai. I just can't seem to understand the kid. In my week of tailing him I've found out just about nothing... well, at least I didn't learn anything new. I suppose that I did make a few interesting observations, but I can't see them meaning anything in the foreseeable future which basically sucks. He appears to have this standoffish attitude not just with me and people that he doesn't associate with but with his so called friends too. Maybe he just can't seem to identify with anyone else properly, which is almost sad... not that I give a shit. I'm just interested. Most people try to make connections in high school, and it's like Dai just doesn't want to have anything to do with anyone. So... that's what sparked the whole thing in the first place.

Of course Michael was a fucking closed book. Wouldn't even let me ask a few small questions. I hadn't even planned on doing anything to him, but he was just frustrating the fuck out of me, so I had to do something. Of course, hitting him repeatedly probably wasn't the best way to get on someone's good side, but my only fallback is to not be such a dick. I might have decided to use that on a different day, but I had a reputation to uphold, and I was pissed off because I needed a smoke. And then Mr. I'm-a-freakin-black belt comes along and of course he seems pretty much incapable, again, it's one of those that I should have known better about. It's always the ones that you don't expect.

I guess what was really getting to me was that his eyes... they were actually rather beautiful. I mean, my eyes are blue, but... I don't think that I've ever seen that shade before. If his hair wasn't something to make me remember him, his eyes were the ticket. I could have sworn that I had my soul searched through in mere seconds with that gaze. Now don't misinterpret me here, I'm not turning fucking gay, I'm simply intrigued by this new character. If I thought that Dai was interesting... this new entity was on an entirely different level. It's almost like I need to know who this kid is... more so than I have ever thought that I needed anyone.

But... I can't help but feel some sort of familiarity with this person... maybe... maybe I do know them and I'm just oblivious. I don't know, but I do know that I will find out.

"Jaiden."

I guess that I'd tuned him out.

"Yeah Dad?"

He sighed in defeat. I was like a air lock safe at times like this. There wasn't any point in trying to get through to me.

"Just be careful yeah?"

"Yeah Dad. I will."

I loved my parents, don't get me wrong on that respect. It might be why I wouldn't tell them what happened a lot of the time when I came home broken and bloodied... It wasn't nearly as often now as it used to be, but still, they didn't need to know the shit that I got myself into. Besides... I was in for one sure of a "talking" to once I wasn't injured about the pot in school shit. Hypocrites.
______________________________________________________________________

Going to school the next day was interesting to say the least. I had debated on just not coming, wearing as much make up and coverings to hide my injuries as possible, but I figured that it really wasn't worth the effort. So what, I had alot few bruises here and there? It wasn't that big of a deal and wearing them in shame wasn't going to help my cause. You wear your injuries with pride and then make up some shit story about being valiant to the girls so that you can get them in bed faster. ;D... Okay, I'm not that much of a douche bag. I just walked around going about everything as if it was business as usual. I didn't really pick on the geeks as much, but I'm sticking to the story that it was that I just wasn't in the mood for itwasn't like I was still sore as hell and could barely move without pain or anything.

I guess that one good thing did come out of it though. I did have the girls hanging off of me like I was a diamond. Unfortunately, by the end of first hour, all I wanted was to get away from them. It's nice to have the attention sometimes, but I was in a serious amount of pain and they weren't really making it any better by hanging off of me like some grape on a vine. I found myself wandering a bit during classes. It's not like it mattered at the moment. I wasn't going to get in trouble. I had to go to the nursefor real this time to get some pain killers. Not that I don't carry my own, but it was better than sitting in class listening to a teacher drone on about nothing in particular while girls just stare at me with pity. I'm in pain but not that much. I don't need to be their little sympathy post for forever. I need at least a little bit of space... might call one of them later though. Don't judge. Everyone has their needs. Mine just so happen to be more demanding and occur more frequently than most.

I will say that this day ended up being rather annoying. Michael had apparently gotten a big head about not being killed the day before. It was annoying to say the least. The last thing that I need to deal with once I'm able to actually beat him up again is to have them all thinking that I'm some pansy ass that can't deal with my own fucking problems. I, of course, made sure that they had a least one tormentor throughout the day. I was sure to stand in the sidelines for a bit, making my presence known, but there really wasn't any action going on in my corner.

I will say that probably the most intriguing part of my day was walking past Dai in the morning and seeing the sheer look of horror on his face mixed with a bit of... accomplishment maybe? I don't know. He gave me a weird look. I lunged forward slightly at him, the most violent move that I made all day, and he just feel back into the lockers on his own. It was kinda amusing to say the least, but that look was just strange. I mean, it's nice when I can look at someone and have them be instantly in the position to shit their pants, but I doubt that that was why he was so terrified. No... Dai wasn't focused on my presence when I walked past him. He was more interested in the angry red marks around my neck that had failed to fade into the black and blue of a bruise; instead staying at the angry burgundy color that is normally reserved for the recent marks.

I wonder what the problem was.
♠ ♠ ♠
2049 words

Sorry about the delay.
I don't particularly like this but I'd rather have it up, and I'm just kinda being impatient I suppose. If I really have problems then it'll change. I'll be sure to let everyone know somehow.
Thanks to all of the subscribers and readers and... commenter! XD!!! We'd love to hear from more of you though. ;D