There Is No Formula for Love

String Theory

Gerard’s POV

I was extremely eager to go to physics Monday morning. I had done some rather extensive research about the new things I had learned on Friday and wanted to show Mr. Iero.

However, when I walked into his class, Mr. Iero was sitting with his head on his desk. I set my stuff down then went to his desk. I tapped the top of his head and waited a moment. He grumbled and sat up, his eyes brightening significantly when he saw me.

“Are you ok?” I frowned.

“Not really?” He sighed.

“Bad weekend?”

“Kinda of. Friday was great, but after that it just sucked.”

“I’m sorry… I did a follow-up on string theory last night. Want to check it out?”

“That would be great. Can you show me after school though? I have to do the whole teaching thing right now.”

“Yeah, sure. We can discuss my theories if you want. I did tons of research.”

“I would love that, Gerard.”

--------------

After school I popped in to see Mr. Iero. He was laying across his desk again. Seeing him so distressed bummed me out a little. I sat down in front of him after shutting the door behind me.

“Hey, Mr. Iero… If you don’t mind me asking… What’s wrong?” I wondered quietly.

My teacher exhaled loudly and sat up. He gave me a sad half-smile.

“It’s quite a long story, Gerard. My mother came to visit me on Saturday for the first time in ages. She told me some disturbing things about my father and it’s been bothering me ever since. He never actually approved of me when I got to be around middle school, but I’m not about to unload all this on you.”

“It’s all right. I’m really sorry, by the way. Do you need a hug?” I asked in all seriousness. Mr. Iero nodded his head timidly. I got up and walked around his desk. He stood up and I wrapped my arms tightly around him. I patted his back a couple of times and reluctantly stepped away.

“Thank you, Gerard.” He said quietly. “Now, let’s see that string theory.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Hugs :)

~Ashton