There Is No Formula for Love

Sticky Situation

Gerard’s POV

I was very thankful Claire and Mikey joined Erik and I at the bowling alley. I took a picture and sent it to Frank to show him he had nothing to worry about. He didn’t say anything directly when I told him about this, but I could tell he was very hesitant.

“Your turn, Erik!” Claire beamed.

She had been very happy to see Erik again. Probably a lot happier than I was. They were rather close when he lived here. She tried countless strategies to get him to spill the beans about who he liked, but he never budged.

After our first game, Erik and I offered to go get food for everyone. I carried a pitcher of soda for us and Erik had a small pizza. When we got back to the table, Erik put the pizza down and turned sharply, hitting the pitcher of soda, causing it to slosh out all over both of us.

“Oh, shit.” Erik muttered. “I’m sorry. Vhere’s the toilet? I gotta vash this off.”

“Yeah, me too.” I sighed, giving the pitcher to Mikey, staring down at the dark stain on my yellow t-shirt. Erik and I walked into the bathroom and went straight to the sinks. I tried to rinse my shirt with wet paper towels, but wasn’t too successful. Erik reached across me to grab towels from the dispenser. I turned and gave him a weird look. He stood up straight and moved in like he was going to kiss me. I gasped and pushed him back.

“Erik, what the hell are you doing?” I whispered urgently.

“I’m sorry,” he frowned, turning away from me. “I… I couldn’t resist anymore.”

I turned him around to look at me. “What happened while you were away? You never seemed to like me when you were here.”

“I couldn’t stop thinking about you. I completely blew you off last year. That vas wrong of me. I didn’t take advantage of our friendship. I didn’t get to know you as vell as I vanted. I vas just so… infatuated. And I hated myself for ignoring that, so I dvelled on it. That’s vhy I came to make amends. I’m sorry. I know you’re vith someone… Maybe I should go.”

“No! Don’t go,” I told him, putting a hand supportively on his shoulder. “No need to apologize. I’m more than happy to be your friend. You’re a good guy, Erik. Just remember that… that we can only be friends.”

He nodded sadly and we left the bathroom. I realized I was faced with yet another difficult decision. Do I tell Frank that Erik tried to kiss me? Can I mend Erik’s broken heart?
♠ ♠ ♠
Oh my goodness, you guys are the best! I am so sorry for taking so long!

I am still busy with school, work, and sports. Plus my wonderful girlfriend. I just got into my dream college aaaand I started a new story XD I'm going to start posting it soon if you are interested. It's untitled though at the moment.

I will try my best to get this story moving again!!

Love you all!
~Ashton