Sequel: Second Heartbeat

Radiant Eclipse

Prologue – sometime in June 2010

PLAY UPROAR FOR A DAY

How would you and your band like to play the biggest festival of the summer/fall? You would? Well this is your chance right here! Simply submit a video telling us why we should give you the chance to play in your city. Be creative, be yourselves, stand out from the pack and you might just find yourselves on stage alongside Disturbed, Stone Sour, and Avenged Sevenfold just to name a few. Have your video into Schecter Headquarters no later than August 10th, 2010. Good luck to all and all winners will be notified in due course.

P.s. try to keep it short; we don’t need any full-length movies here. We’re just saying.

The words on the screen screamed louder and louder, the longer Ashley Enriquez stared at them, speechless. She had gone to the Uproar site, to double-check the on sale date for the Toronto stop of the festival, and had come across that gem. Figuratively, she looked up through the ceiling, at her fellow house and band mates. This could finally be the big break they were looking for. Plus they would get to see and meet the bands that had brought them all together in the first place – Avenged Sevenfold. Sure, they had previously opened up for the like of Hawthorne Heights, Aiden and Greeley Estates, but this was different. This was huge; they would get more exposure, and hopefully a major label deal out of it, so it was definitely an opportunity they could not afford to pass up. Finally, Ash tore herself away from the screen, and sprinted up the stairs, to find her band mates. She was met at the top by her bff and guitarist, Jessica “Mama J” Ward.

“Uproar … play … contest…”

She panted, as she tried to catch her breath.

“So you saw it too?”

They looked at each other, and without anything being said, it dawned on the both of them. Come hell or high water, they were entering this contest and they were going to win.