Sequel: Second Heartbeat

Radiant Eclipse

Viva Las Vegas: Pretty Little Mess

It was around noon the next afternoon, when the first signs of life started to present themselves in the RE/A7X suite. Ash groaned as she stretched and looked at the clock. 

"Where you going?"

Johnny mumbled. 

"To shower. As much as I enjoyed last night, I feel so ... Disgusting. Feel free to join me."

Ash replied, as she headed into the shower. Slowly but surely, Johnny got up and joined her. 

"Man, we all look like shit."

Jess commented, as they all headed into the living room. 

"Where are the two gnomes?"

Jimmy asked, as he pulled Mateja into his lap. 

"I think they're in the shower."

They all lolled around the living room, after having bullied the Berry brothers into getting everyone coffee and donuts. Once Ash and Johnny emerged from the shower, they sat and decided what to order for lunch, and then to decide what to do with the rest of their day. 

"Since the party at my place is a write off, why don't we just dick around Vegas? We don't have to be at the studio until the day after tomorrow. And we don't leave for Europe for another week."

Zacky suggested. Before leaving for Europe, they were going into the studio to begin work on the upcoming Radiant Eclipse record.  After everyone was showered and their bellies full, they started to plan their day. 

"How does everyone feel about the Hoover Dam and whatever else is around there? And then we can come back here to eat and hit the strip."

Everyone agreed, and got ready to head out. Just as they were about to walk out of the door, the phone rang. Since Zacky was closest, he picked it up. 

"Hello? Yeah, she's right here. Ash it's for you."

Ash went and took the phone from him, then walked over to the balcony to take the call. After a short conversation, she hung up the phone and walked back into the room. 

"So? Who was that?"
"Carey down at Hart & Huntington."
"What did he want?"
"To utilize my services as a tattoo artist. One of his got into a minor car accident, and the artist had a booked afternoon. And he has no one to cover those appointments. You guys are going to have to go without me."
"Are you sure?"
"Yes Matthew I'm sure. Besides, I've already seen the Hoover Dam. Really, I'm good. You guys go ahead, and I'll see you when you get back."

Ash grabbed her tattoo gear, and they all headed out the door. 

"Are you totally sure babe?"

Johnny asked. 

"Yeah I am. Besides, it couldn't hurt to make a few extra dollars while I'm here. Besides, we can still have fun terrorizing the strip when you guys get back."
"THERE WILL BE NO TERRORIZING THE STRIP! I AM NOT BAILING ANYONE OUT AGAIN!"
"First, calm down father. Second, you didn't actually bail us out. You just had to pick us up."

Matt scowled at Jess, as everyone laughed at him. Once outside the tattoo shop, Ash and Johnny kissed goodbye and she rushed in to begin the appointment that was already waiting for her. They waited for the valet to bring their car around, and they all scrambled into the van, leaving Dan the body no choice but to drive. 

"Everybody strapped in?"

Dan asked as he did up his own seatbelt, and started them off on their hour long journey. It was about an hour and a half later, when Ash finally turned off her machine and pulled back from the hummingbird and flowers tattoo she had been working on. 

"Alright we are done here. Wanna go take a look and let me know what you think?"

Ash asked the client. The young woman got up, walked over to the mirror and started to squeal. 

"OH MY GOD! IT'S SO PERFECT! I love it! Thank you much, for doing it last minute!"
"It's my pleasure. I'm glad you like it. Just let me tape it up and you can show it off to all your friends."

While she paid, the shop apprentice Dizzle set Ash up for her next client, as she went over what he wanted. Two more tattoos and one touch up later, Ash decided to take a break. She grabbed a coffee and then went out for a smoke. As soon as she had taken her first dragged, Ash heard a voice that she hadn't heard in a few years. 

"Well aren't you a sight for sore eyes."

She exhaled, and turned to see a man she once had a fling with. 

"Chris Torres. Fancy seeing you here."
"What? No hug?"

Ash rolled her eyes at him, before she gave him a brief embrace. 

"What brings you to Vegas? I thought you said you weren't willing to leave Toronto."
"1. Times change, Chris. 
2. I'm here with my band. We played a show last night. 
3. I'm just helping Carey out at H&H. One of his artists was in an accident."
"Ah gotcha. So what say you and me go back to my room, and get reacquainted?"
"I say no."
"You got a man eh? Not surprised. He doesn't have to know though."
"Whatever Chris. I have to get back for my next appointment. Take care of yourself."

Ash stamped out the cigarette butt, and headed back inside. She got back to the shop, to find that JDog's girlfriend, Vanessa, was her next client. 

"You're a tattoo artist?!"
"Yeah! I swore I told you!"
"No!"
"Well now you know! So what are we putting on you?!"

Vanessa showed her the image she wanted incorporated into her back piece, and Ash started to set up. It was nearly eight pm when the RE/A7X finally decided to head back to Vegas. As they all got into the van, Jimmy was giving Johnny shit for wanting to stop for a snack, even though they were going out to eat on the strip. 

"We are not stopping midget boy! We're going to eat when we get back!"
"Um, actually Jim, we need to stop. Have to gas this sucker up before we return it."

Dan interjected. They all got in, and only got a mile down the road, before smoke started to pour out from under the hood. 

"Oh fuck!"

Dan nearly yelled, as he pulled over to the side of the road and got out, as the rest of the guys followed. Dan and the Berry brothers popped the hood, while Matt tried to get ahold of the rental company. While Matt was on the phone with them, a police cruiser pulled up and two cops got out and approached them. They explained to them what happened, and the cops gave the Berry brothers a lift to the service station so they could get a tow and another lift to pick up everyone else. Once they were all at the garage, they waited for the mechanic to tell them if it could be fixed or not. About a half hour later, and after Johnny procured a phonebook so he could look up H&H's number and call Ash, the mechanic finally approached them. 

"What's the verdict?"
"The engine is shot. To be honest, I'm surprised you guys even made it out here."
"Can it be fixed?"
"Yes, but it's going to take a few days. If I were you, I'd call the rental company and see if they can send another vehicle to pick you up."
"Aww, alright! Thanks for your help anyway."

Matt got back on the phone with the rental company, as they all wandered over to the IHOP to eat. Meanwhile back in Vegas, Ash was finishing up with her last client of the day. As Carey finished calculating the total costs of all the clients Ash saw, he separated her cut and the tips the clients left for her. 

"Once again, thank you so much for helping out at the last minute Ash! You really saved our butts today!"
"It was my pleasure Carey!"

Ash tucked the money away in her case, hugged Carey, and said bye to the others. She was a few feet out of the door, when she heard someone call out her name. 

"What do you want Chris?"
"I want to make up for earlier. I was out of line."
"And how do you plan on doing that?"
"By buying you dinner. If you'll let me."
"Alright fine. Can you give me a few to put my stuff away and get changed?"
"Of course, what room are you in?"
"We booked the 2 story sky villa."
"Damn! Well, I'll see you soon."

As soon as Ash got up to the suite, she started to wonder if she was doing the right thing. She convinced herself, but repeatedly saying, it's just an innocent dinner, it's just an innocent dinner. She took a quick shower, and pulled on the charcoal dress she bought on the girls' last outing to LA. She pulled her hair into a low ponytail, and applied light makeup. She had just stuffed some of her earnings from H&H in her purse, when she heard a knock on the door. She grabbed her shoes and ran down to the door. 

"Damn you're still as beautiful as I remember."

Chris said, as he held Ash's hand while she slipped her shoes on. 

"He he, thanks. You don't look so bad yourself."

They made small talk, as they got into the elevator and Chris led her to the Blue Agave Oyster and Chile bar. After a dinner of oysters on the half shell, shrimp ceviche, and a few drinks, they left the eatery, and headed up to Moon Nightclub.

"How did you manage to get in here?! Don't you have to make reservations?!"
"Yeah, but I had someone who owed me some favours, so I pulled a few strings and got us a table."

Once they got into the club, and had a few more drinks, Ash dragged Chris onto the dance floor. Eventually Chris insisted on sitting down, and pulled Ash into his lap, where she proceeded to grind along to the music. He downed another shot, before whispering into her ear,

"do you know what you're doing to me right now?"

Ash giggled before she took another shot, and nibbled on his ear. Chris mumbled something about needing to go somewhere more private and got up, pulling Ash along with him. He paid their tab and dragged her into the elevator. Once the doors closed, he pulled her into him and covered his lips with hers. In her inebriated state, Ash didn't have the wherewithal to pull away, and returned the kiss. They stumbled out of the elevator when it got to his floor, and barely managed to get the room key into the door. Once inside, Chris slapped the do not disturb sign on the door and locked it, while Ash kicked off her heels. He picked her up and carried her to the bed, where he pulled off his shirt and jacket before climbing on top of her and sliding his hand up her thigh. Ash reached over to turn off the lamp, completely unaware of the fact that Johnny was trying to call their villa to let her know, they were still stuck at the service station.