Sequel: Second Heartbeat

Radiant Eclipse

Confessions

Ash awoke around four thirty, and thought she was in her bed with Johnny. So when she turned and saw Chris Torres next to her, she freaked out. She immediately got out of bed, got dressed, and headed straight back to their villa.

Quietly, she entered the suite, and crept into the room she and Johnny shared with Jess and Zacky. Ash changed and washed up then headed back out into the living room. She felt much too guilty to even be in the same room as Johnny. As she lay down on the couch, Ash silently berated herself for what she let happen between Chris and her. Ash closed her eyes and prayed for sleep to come until it was time for them to leave.

"Ash? Ash! Wake up! It's almost time to leave!"

Ash was shaken awake by Shads, who had a half eaten croissant in his hand. Slowly, she got up and went to make sure she had all of her things together. Once everyone had their things packed, and triple checked to make sure that they did, they finished up their breakfast and headed down towards the bus. Everyone threw their things under the bus, and climbed on so they could begin the four and a half hour journey back to Huntington Beach.

They were all situated in the front lounge, watching Dodgeball, when Brian turned to Ash and asked,

"so where the hell were you last night? You were nowhere to be found when we finally managed to get back."

"Uh, after we closed up the shop, a couple of us went out dancing and whatnot."

"Well it's certainly nice to know you had fun while we were stuck in the service station the whole night!"

Brian's comment, spawned a whole discussion about what had transpired the night before. During which, Ash quietly and nervously, slipped away to the back lounge. That however, did not go unnoticed by Shads who followed her.

"Hey, you alright?"

He peered into the room, and asked Ash, who did not appear to have heard him.

"Ash? You alright?"

He asked, as he went over to her and shook her knee, which caused her to jump.

"Seriously, are you okay?!"
"What? Yes, of course I am. Maybe. Not. Okay not."
"What happened?"
"Can you close the door first?"

Matt got up and closed the door, then sat back down and faced Ash.

"Okay, what really happened last night? Be honest. Did you really go out dancing, because if you did, there is absolutely nothing wrong with that."
"I did. But it's other things that happened that ..."
"Ash, what did you do?!"
"Just went for drinks with an old tattoo buddy, fling, however you want to call it. Which turned into dancing, and megoingbacktohisroomandsleepingwithhim."
"Whoa, slow down and say that last part again. Slowly and more clearly this time."
"Drinks turned into dancing, which turned into me going back to his room and sleeping with him."

Ash buried her face in the pillow, to avoid having to look at Shads.

"Oh boy."
"You could say that again."
"Obviously, you haven't told Johnny yet."
"No, I'm scared to tell him."
"But you know you have to right?"
"Yeah I know. Man, why did I have to be so stupid and fuck up a good thing?!"
"First off, you're not stupid. Everybody makes mistakes, hell I've even made the same mistake before. Best we can do is learn from them and not make the same mistake twice. Hopefully, it's something that you and Johnny could work through."
"Yeah, hopefully. Wouldn't blame him if he never talked to me again though."
"Aww don't think so negative."
"It's kind of hard. It's in my nature. Can you call him for me?"

Shads agreed and then headed out towards the front. Moments later, Johnny came back into the lounge and joined Ash on the couch.

"You rang babe?"
"Yeah, uh, I need to tell you something. About what really happened last night."
"What do you mean, what really happened?!"
"Can you close the door?"

Johnny got up and closed the door then sat beside Ash, who pulled away.

"Okay, what the fuck is up with you?! You're acting all weird!"
"I didn't just go dancing with the H&H crew. I went for drinks and dancing with an old tattoo friend."
"Okay then. Innocent fun. So why does that have you all rattled?"
"It wasn't so innocent."
"What do you mean it wasn't so innocent?! Ash ... What the fuck did you do?!"
"The night might have ended with me going back to his room and sleeping with him."

The room was silent, except for the sounds of Johnny moving away from Ash, as he stood and headed for the door.

"Tell me something. Why? Why did you do that? Did you ever once think of me? Of us?"
"I don't know why I did it. I, I, just don't. And I don't want to blame it on the alcohol because I know that's not an excuse."

Ash told him, as the tears started to roll down her cheeks.

"I'm sorry, I'm really, really, sorry. I swear I am. I wasn't thinking at all!"
"Obviously not. I'm going to go to my bunk. I can't look at you right now."

Ash hugged the pillow and let the tears flow, as Johnny left her there. Halfway though the trip, they made a rest stop and everyone got out to stretch their legs and grab a few snacks. Johnny kept his distance from Ash, who wore her darkest sunglasses, which did not go unnoticed.

"What did you two talk about?"

Jimmy asked Shads, as the group watched Johnny and Ash walk apart from each other.

"Uhh, it's not my place to tell."

Everyone narrowed their eyes at Shads, as the girls made a mental note to corner Ash on the bus later. Once they were all back on the bus and on the road, the girls cornered Ash in the back lounge.

"Okay, spill it!"

They all demanded. When Ash didn't respond, Jess grabbed the bag of chips from her hands.

"Something obviously happened, that has caused the gnome to keep his distance from you. Something bad, and we want to know what the fuck happened. So fucking tell us!"

She demanded.

"Remember Chris Torres?"
"Asshole tattoo artist from Brooklyn you once had a thing with? Yeah, what about him?"
"Well, ran into him last night. Was an asshole at first, but when I saw him again later, he invited me out to make up for being an ass. And after a night of drinks and dinner and dancing, I may have gone back to his room and slept with him."

Ash stared down at her feet, which meant she didn't have to see the looks of shock on her band mates faces.

"I take it you told Johnny?"
"Yeah, I felt so guilty and Matt said I should."
"Wow, um, one question Ash."
"Yes Mateja?"
"ARE YOU FUCKING STUPID?!"

As the guys heard the girls' raised voices from the back, Jimmy contemplated going back there himself.

"Just leave them. I'm sure it's nothing."

Matt said, as he tried to ease Jimmy's concern.

"I doubt that's actually nothing, Matt."

Jimmy made it halfway to the back before he turned right around.

"Wait, what do you know that we don't?"

All the guys stared at him, until Matt finally gave in.

"Alright, you're probably going to hear this soon anyway, so I might as well tell you."

Matt sighed, and told them what Ash told him. Eventually the girls left Ash in the back, and rejoined the boys in the front. The bus was pretty quiet, except for the sounds of Anchorman, which played on the tv in the front lounge.

Once they reached Huntington Beach, Johnny was quick to leave with his brother who had come to pick him up. Ash sat on the curb with her bags, sunglasses still on, when something wet shoved its way onto her cheek. She looked up to see Majesty and Zacky looking back at her.

"Get up, you're coming to stay with me."

Zacky reached out a hand to help her up and then grabbed one of her bags. Ash helped pack her bags away, as she climbed into the backseat with Maj. Jess sat up front, Icky in her lap, as the boys confirmed their studio time for later.

"So what's going to happen with you and Johnny?"
"I don't know. He's not talking to me, and I can't blame him. Also wouldn't blame him if he never talked to me again."
"I don't think it'll get to that."

Maj laid her front half across Ash's lap, as Zacky got into the car and drove off. Once they got to Vengeance Manor, Zacky showed Ash to the guest room, where she began to make herself comfortable. Maj had taken a liking to her, and made herself comfortable on the bed. She sat there scratching Maj's stomach, before she grabbed her bass and went to find Jess so they work on the track they were supposed to record.

After a quick survey of the house, Ash couldn't find Jess, and guessed she was probably off having a private moment with Zacky. She took her bass out onto the back patio, and watched as Icky and Maj ran around the backyard. Zacky came to get her about an hour later, and they headed off to the studio. Once there, the girls helped Dan, and the Berry brothers unload the rest of their gear and set it up inside the studio.

"So how many songs do you girls have for us?"
"So far, two. They're both kind of different than from what people are used to from us, but we think they both work."
"Do these songs have names?"
"Remembering Sunday and World In Flames."
"Sounds good. Which would you girls like to start with?"
"I think we should start with 'World In Flames' because I have to record both piano and guitar for that one."

Mateja suggested. The rest of the band agreed, and Mateja went into the booth to start with the piano. Four hours and one break later, and the girls were finished recording both songs, or so they thought.

"Is something wrong?"
"Something just doesn't sound right. I'll be right back."

Matt headed out of the studio, only to return minutes later, with Alex Gaskarth and Jack Barakat from All Time Low in tow. Their band mates Rian Dawson and Zack Merrick followed suit moments later.

"Girls, this is Alex, Jack, Rian and Zack from All Time Low. Guys, this is Anne, and Mateja. Corinne, Jess and Ash are there in the vocal booth, and they are Radiant Eclipse."

They all shook hands, while the three girls waved from the booth.

"So Matt, what exactly do you need from me?"

Alex asked.

"I need you to listen to this song, and let me know what you think. It's missing something, maybe another voice."
"Sure. Let me hear it."

After taking a listen, Alex joined the girls in the vocal booth. A couple takes later, and everyone was finally satisfied with what they heard. Matt, who was going to produce their whole record was especially excited.

"We should do something to celebrate!"
"Why don't we go back to my place? We still have all that food and drink we stockpiled for what was supposed to be my Halloween bash."

Zacky suggested. They all agreed and the ATL boys even helped pack up the girls' gear, before Jess gave them the address to Vengeance Manor. Once at the house, the girls took over the kitchen, while the guys either played pool or talked music.

"ALRIGHT DINNER IS SERVED!"

Anne yelled to the boys, as the others set the food down on table and took seats. Brian was less than enthused when Jack sat in the seat next to Anne, and struck up another conversation with Anne about tattoos and bars in Montreal and Laval. Brian took a spot next to Ash, who sat on one of the bar stools, and kept taking not so discreet looks at Anne and Jack.

"Oh will you not get your panties in a bunch Haner!"
"But look at them! You know she's practically ignored me since Matt brought them into the studio."
"They're just talking Bri! That's all they've done, you have nothing to worry about."
"And how do you know that?"
"Anne isn't me. She's not like that."

Brian said nothing, as he dug into his stuffed chicken breast. After dinner, the crowd moved to the backyard for more drinks, and games of tag and Zacky Says. While everyone else ran around the backyard, Majesty and Icky chasing them in excitement, Ash sat back nursing a beer and typing furiously into her phone.

"Whatcha doing?"

Ash looked up to see Alex Gaskarth looking back at her.

"Uh .. um, just something that's been bugging me all day."
"A song?"
"Yeah, a song."
"Can I see?"
"Sure, why not?"

Ash handed Alex her phone, and waited for his reaction.

"I like it so far. Mind if I add in something?"

Ash nodded yes, and waited for Alex to give her phone back.

"I like it! Hey, want to just help me write it?"

They exchanged information, and Ash finally put her phone down. She had just finished her beer, when there was sudden yelling from poolside, and Ash found Jack Barakat standing in front of her.

"So they tell me that you're a tattoo artist."
"That I am. I take it you want something done."
"Well, they said I had to because I lost the game."

Ash looked behind Jack, to see her bandmates, his, and all of Avenged looking back at her.

"Z, you got somewhere I can set up?"
"Yeah, come, you can use the dining room."

Jack helped Ash up, then helped set up the dining room while Ash got her tattooing equipment out and set up.

"So what are you getting done?"
"Your band's logo."
"The whole name or just RE?"
"Just RE."
"Where?"
"My calf."
"Alright, give me five to get a stencil made."

Ash told Jack, as she dug out a pad of tracing paper and the band's EP liner notes.

"So, what game did you lose, in order to be forced to do this?"
"Dice."

She just shook her head at him, as she shaved the part of his calf, where the tattoo would go. After Jack got his new tattoo and Ash touched up a few on the others that were there, everybody sat down to enjoy a game of spin the bottle.

"What? Are we twelve?!"

Brian grumbled, as he was pulled into the circle by Anne and Jimmy.

"Aww, are you scared no one is going to want to kiss you Haner?"

Jess drunkenly teased from her spot across the circle next to Zack. Brian just sat there and glared at Jess, as Matt grabbed the bottle first and gave it a spin. There were yells about the fix being in, when the bottle stopped spinning and it pointed at Corinne. Once she finished packing her gear, Ash sat back with her phone to continue work on what she and Alex started earlier. Her attention was drawn back to the circle, when all sorts of yelling and laughing had started. It turned out Alex had spun the bottle and when it stopped, it pointed to Jack. Everyone laughed and cheered as they put their beers down, and made their way towards each other. There was more screaming and Ash looked up to see both Alex and Jack holding their heads in pain. They had both pounced at each other, and bumped heads in the process.

Alex got up and stumbled into the kitchen to look for ice, and Ash followed.

"Are you okay?"
"Yeah, I'll be fine. How's the song coming along?"
"Good. I think it's nearly done. It needs music now. Want to see it?"
"Sure!"

Alex pressed the bag of ice to his forehead, and followed Ash back out to the dining room, where everyone was still playing Spin The Bottle. Alex was busy adding to a verse, when the profanities started to fly. They looked up to see that Jack had spun the bottle, the bottle had stopped on Anne, and he pounced on her. Jimmy had taken it upon himself to sit on Brian, so he couldn't lay a hand on Jack. Brian pushed him off, and then grabbed the bottle and spun it.

"OOOOOHHHHH."

Mateja and Jimmy chorused, when the bottle landed on Jess.

"You mad Zacky?! ARE YOU MAD?!"

Dan the Body asked, holding a beer bottle up to Zacky, as if it were a microphone.

"Well considering I just kissed Mateja, no. But if Haner even thinks about copping a feel, then IT'S ON LIKE DONKEY KONG!"

Everyone cheered and hollered, as Jess laid a wet one on Brian's lips. They soon abandoned the bottle for cards and poker chips, while Ash retreated to her room to try and write some music for the song she and Alex had been working on.

"Goddammit!"

Ash swore, as she messed up on the lines she was trying to write for the chorus.

"Why don't you give it a rest for the night? Go back to it in the morning?"

Alex suggested to Ash, as he leaned against the doorframe.

"I should, but I want to at least get this chorus done while it's still in my mind."
"Here, let me have a go at it. Can I ask what the song is about? Well I kind of have an idea but ..."

Just as Alex asked that question, Johnny left the bathroom, which was steps away from the guest room. He stopped outside the door to eavesdrop.

"Well, I fucked up majorly with my boy. And yeah, this song came about."
"Ai. Well, I hope it works out for the better in the end for you."
"Thanks. How about that chorus eh?"

Alex strummed a few chords, and they both started to sing.

"Oh, God I did the wrong thing to the right boy
My mind was only in it for a minute
I had a bad fling with a bad boy
I was stupid and dumb, not giving a !@#$ (Hey!)
The blank stare out the window
If I could just sober up, if I could just admit
I did the wrong thing to the right boy
It was your world baby and I just lived in it"


Johnny, who was still processing everything that occurred over the last day, smiled then quietly walked away, as Ash and Alex got up and went to go join the poker game.
♠ ♠ ♠
JSYK, I did not write that song. It's actually "Right Girl" by The Maine. I just changed a few words for the purpose of the story. They own it not me.

Now enjoy and comment away :3