Sequel: Second Heartbeat

Radiant Eclipse

Breakup to Make Up ... Maybe.

It had been a few days since they got back from Vegas and Ash started that song with Alex. Radiant Eclipse had recorded two full songs and a few demos for their next record, and enjoyed some time in the Huntington Beach sun. Johnny still wasn't talking to Ash, but she was still holding out hope that maybe her song would change his mind.

Currently, the band sat in their dressing room at the House Of Blues in Hollywood, where they would open for All Time Low. Anne sat in Brian's lap, with her drum pad on her lap, going over the new songs they had recorded. Mateja and Jess were strumming their guitars and lip syncing along to their iPods. Ash nursed a cup of throat coat tea and listened to her vocal tracks, while Corinne was in the hallway going over her vocal exercises. The Berry brothers came to give the girls their ten minute warning, so everyone got up and started to head towards the stage. While they waited the ATL boys came over to them, to wish them luck and watch their set, as Alex would sing "Remembering Sunday" with them. The girls got into their customary huddle, as their walk on track started. As they walked up the steps, Ash let out a cough that concerned Anne.

"Are you okay?"

"Yeah. I think."

"No. I'll be fine."

"Are you sure? You know I can handle the screaming."

"Stop worrying, I'll be fine."

"But you'll let me know if you feel otherwise right?"

"Yes mother."

The girls ran to their spots onstage, amid the excited screams of the crowd. They went right into their cover of the song that gave their band its name, Radiant Eclipse. As their set progressed, it became evident that Ash was starting to have problems with her voice and screaming. She finally caught a break, when it came time to play Remembering Sunday.

"Alright folks, we have a special surprise for you. We're going to slow it down a bit and bring out a special guest."

Corinne spoke to the crowd, as Mateja and Jess changed their electric guitars for acoustics.

"This is a new song we just finished, it's called 'Remembering Sunday' and that is Mr. Alex Gaskarth."

They all laughed, as all the All Time Low fan girls lost it as Alex stepped onto the stage. Ash took a seat just off to the side of the stage, next to Anne who had taken the to get up and stretch her legs.

"Ash! ASH!"

She looked up from her seat atop a cab, to see Matt gesturing to her.

"Are you okay?"

"Yeah I'm good."

"Don't bullshit me. I know voice problems when I hear them, remember I've had them before. We're going to talk after the set."

Matt told her, as she went back onstage, and Anne got back behind her kit. They finished out the new song, to much excitement from the crowd, and those from the record label that were in attendance. Ash hung her head an swore, when she tried to clear her throat and had difficulty doing so. She walked over to Anne and leaned over her kit.

"You're going to have to handle it for the rest of the night. And can you ask him to get me a cup of throat coat with honey?"

She gestured to Dan the Body who stood just behind Anne's kit. Anne did so, and Ash helped fix the mic to Anne's level. For the first time in a long time, Ash wasn't doing the scream vocals, and even waved off the band's cover of "Scars" by Papa Roach.

"Alright folks, we're going to slow it down again. This is another new one, and we're bringing in another special guest."

Corinne announced, as the Berry brothers rolled a piano onstage, and Jimmy followed.

"This goes out to anyone that has ever lost someone close to them, or can't be with/see the ones they love everyday. It's called 'World In Flames'."

"World In Flames" came about, on the road, as the girls dealt with being away from everything they knew. Their home, their families, their friends and their jobs.

A somber mood filled the venue, once the song ended, as they were sure there wasn't a dry eye in the room. They walked offstage for a short breather, before returning for their encore of "Paradise City" and "...To Be Loved". Once offstage, Ash was dragged off by Matt and Larry Jacobson.

"Okay, seriously what the fuck is going on with you?! And don't you dare try to lie, because something is obviously wrong."

Ash looked up at a very unimpressed Matt and Larry, and cowered back a bit.

"How long have you been feeling like this?"

"The last couple days maybe? I was hoping it was just a bug and would pass."

"Ash!" Matt groaned. "Tomorrow, I'm taking you to see the same doctor I saw when I had voice problems, you got that?"

"Aye aye, captain."

"And it would probably be best if you refrained from using your voice until then."

"But .." Ash trailed off, before she quietly told them about the song she wrote with Alex.

"Alright, fine. But after that, complete silence, you got that?!"

Ash saluted the both of them, before she took her bass from Dan and followed her band mates back onstage. They finished out the set, on a high note, getting Matt to join them for "Paradise City" and Jack, Alex and Zack from All Time Low, for "...To Be Loved". Everyone was almost in tears, as at the end of their set, Matt, Jimmy, and Brian picked Jack up and threw him into the crowd. The fan girls in the audience shrieked, and ripped his shirt to shreds. The Berry brothers, had a hard time helping him back up, as they could barely contain their laughter.

"I hate you all."

Jack tried to tell Matt, Jimmy, and Brian as he passed them on the way to get a new shirt. It would have worked if he didn't have a huge smile on his face. Per Matt and Larry's instructions, Ash remained silent, as she sat outside with her iPod and a fresh cup of tea. She lip synced along to her song, when Alex appeared in front of her.

"Just nod yes or no okay?"

Ash slowly nodded, and waited for Alex to continue.

"Are you okay, voice wise?"

She nodded no.

"Are you sure, you'll be okay to do the song? We don't have to do it you know."

Before she could answer, Matt and one of the label reps walked up, with another man accompanying them.

"He made the call not me."

Matt informed them, as he referred to the third man.

"Ash, this is Dr. Cordero, the same doctor I saw when I had voice problems. The label wants you looked at tonight. We'll be right back."

Matt said to Alex, as he took Ash and led them to an empty room.

"Now, Miss Enriquez, they tell me you've been having problems the last couple of days?"

She nodded yes, as the doctor removed the stethoscope from her chest, and started to feel around her neck.

He stepped away, and scribbled a few notes down before he turned back to the group.

"Would you say that she been under any kind of pressure lately?"

"Definitely." Matt answered.

"With leaving everything behind to come on tour with us, being on tour for the last two months, and then some personal issues."

"Well, I can't tell for sure what's wrong until I get her into my office tomorrow. I want someone to bring her by the hospital tomorrow at 9 am. Until then, I recommend complete vocal rest."

Ash eyes widened at that statement, as her jaw dropped in shock. She motioned for a pen and paper and literally scribbled out,

"are you fucking kidding me?!"

"I'm afraid so sweetheart."

She hung her head in defeat, before she scribbled out a "thank you doctor" note and went to give Alex the news. It worked out better, because in the way they worked the song out, Ash would sing mostly backing vocals and play guitar. They had also changed it to "Right Girl" instead of "Right Boy" but it still had the same message, and Ash hoped that Johnny would get it. The girls went and stood side stage, and watched as All Time Low took the stage.

"Alright, since the girls debuted some new songs earlier, one of which I was featured on, it's time for us to debut a new one. Now, this one was supposed to feature Miss Ash over there, but her doctor has advised to STFU so I'll be flying solo on this one ... HEY!"

Alex yelled, as he tried to dodge the wine cork Ash threw at him.

"Um, so this one goes out to anyone who has ever made a stupid mistake and a relationship, and wishes they could make it right."

Everyone bobbed their heads to the new tune, and even Johnny started to get into it. Ash smiled, as Alex and Zack sang along and closed out the song,

"Oh, God I did the wrong thing to the right girl
My mind was only in it for a minute
I had a bad fling with the good girl
I was stupid and dumb, not giving a !@#$ (Hey!)
The blank stare out the window
If I could just sober up, if I could just admit
I did the wrong thing to the right girl
It was your world baby and I just lived in it

It was your world baby and I just lived in it
Ohhh, it was your world, ohh
(Please, please, Baby come back
Please, please, Baby come back)
It was your world and I just lived in it.
(Please, please, Baby come back
Please, please, Baby come back)"


Once the show was over, Ash was in the dressing room as she packed up her things, when she felt someone tap her on the shoulder. She turned around, to see Johnny standing in front of her.

"Can we talk?"

She nodded yes, and he waited for her while she got the last of her things, and then led her out to his car. He helped her in, then got in and drove off in the direction of the IHOP, they had all planned to congregate at.
♠ ♠ ♠
I DO NOT own the song "Right Girl" it belongs to The Maine. I'm just using it for this story's purpose. But please, read, enjoy and do comment. =D :3