Sequel: Second Heartbeat

Radiant Eclipse

Uproar or Bust

The Radiant Eclipse household had been abuzz, ever since they had found out about the contest to play the Uproar Festival. And today was the day they would be filming the introduction part of the video, as they had spent the past week and a half gathering testimonials and show footage. And one would think getting five girls to sit down in front of a camera to talk about themselves, would be relatively easy, but not in this household. They had been trying, for the better part of the last six hours to sit down and film for two minutes, but they had been largely unsuccessful. And everyone was starting to grow a little restless.

“Can be please get started NOW?!”

RE lead guitarist/vocalist, and baby of the band, Mateja grumbled.

“No, in case you haven’t noticed, we’re missing a bassist.”

Answered guitarist, and unofficial band mother, Jessica. She yelled in the direction of the basement, which Ash inhabited, just as Ash walked into the room, fussing with the buttons on her shirt.

“Patience children, don’t get your panties in a bunch, I’m here.”

Ash sat in the middle of everyone, still fussing over a button.

“Oh can you leave that, already it looks fine.”

“What if I don’t want to leave it? What if---”

They were interrupted by the voice of their merch wench/tour manager, Natalie, telling them that the camera was taping. Suddenly, they all turned towards the camera, smiles plastered on their faces.

“HI! I’m Ashley.”

“Jessica.”

“Mateja.”

“Anne-Marie”

“Corinne.”

“And together we are – RADIANT ECLIPSE!”

“And we may or may not be named after an Avenged Sevenfold song.”

“Dude, really? Anyhow, we could sit here and ramble on about how we think you pick us over everyone else. Well, at least not for the whole time. We’re going to let our fans and work speak for itself.”

“We think you should pick us, because after all the sweat, blood, tears and effort we have all poured into this band, we would like to think we deserve it. We started this band seven years ago, over a mutual love musical instruments and Avenged Sevenfold. We’ve sacrificed everything, starved, gone broke and bled ourselves dry; putting everything we have had into this band, proving all the naysayers along the way to be wrong. We’re not expecting you to just take our words for it, so we have put together a montage of testimonials from our fans, and live footage over the past seven years. And we can only hope, that after listening to us, our fans and our hard work, that you choose us to grace the Uproar stage. If so, we thank you so much for the opportunity and we promise we will not disappoint you. If not, we thank you anyway for the opportunity to showcase our work.”

“And now on with the footage.”

“NAT! Roll the footage!”

That was the point in the video, where the talking would stop, the footage they amassed over the last ten days would start. Nat stopped the camera taping, and all girls breathed a sigh of relief that the hard work was over. Now they just had to edit that into the video, and send it off to Schecter’s head offices in Burbank. Once that was done, the waiting game would begin.