Sequel: Second Heartbeat

Radiant Eclipse

Lights! Cameras! Action!

The sound of someone, or rather a few people banging on the front door, proved to be quite the rude awakening for those who occupied Danny Worsnop's London home. Seeing as AA's James Cassells was passed out on the couch, he was the one to stumble to the door and open it to see the members of Radiant Eclipse, minus Anne and Ash, and Avenged Sevenfold staring back at him.

"What time is it?"

He mumbled, as he stepped back to let everyone in.

"Half past ten. We need to get breakfast and head out to the photoshoot for RockSound. Where are Ash and Anne?"

RE's manager, Natalie asked, as she scanned the living room hoping to see them.

"I'd assume Ash is in Ben's room, and Anne up in Danny's." James pointed out Ben's room, and then up the stairs in the direction of Danny's room. It was at that moment, Ash stumbled out of Ben's room, rubbing the sleep out of her eyes. Clad only in one of Ben's shirts, Ash stopped at the sight of everyone staring at her, and nodded, still unable to speak due to her being on vocal rest. Johnny glared at nothing in particular, as he tried to look at anything but his ex girlfriend.

"Can you go get Anne? We need to eat, and then head over to the warehouse where you guys have the RockSound shoot." Ash nodded at Natalie, before she started to climb the stairs. She peeked into Danny's room, seeing them both still asleep, and smirked before she pushed the door wide open and took off running. She jumped onto the bed, and on top of Anne and Danny.

"WHAT THE BLOODY HELL?!" Danny yelled, as Ash scrambled off of the bed, struggling not to laugh. They heard Jimmy yell if they were okay and if they needed help, and groaned as they realized going back to sleep wasn't option. They got dressed, and followed Ash back downstairs, to see they were now joined by Ash Avildsen, Larry Jacobson, and someone they didn't recognize.

"Okay, the boys already know who this is, but girls, this is Ben Patashnik, editor of RockSound. Ben, this is Jess, Corinne, Mateja, Anne, and Ash of Radiant Eclipse. Ash, by the way, is on complete vocal rest."

They all greeted Ben, and shook his hand.

"Alright, everyone who isn't dressed, needs to get dressed, because we need to leave in five. We're going to have breakfast at the warehouse."

Everyone left to get dressed, and five minutes later they were walking down Danny's street, to the girls' bus which was parked up on the main road. Everyone sat on the first floor of the bus, either napping or checking their emails or twitters, not saying much of anything. They reached the warehouse not long after, and slowly filed into the building, everyone barely taking the time to drop their bags before making a beeline for the buffet spread. As they sat down to eat, the RS editor Ben, took the time to go over the plans for the photoshoot.

"As it has already been decided, the RE girls are going to be dressed up as the Spice Girls. Jess is Posh, Anne is Scary, Corinne is Ginger, Mateja is Sporty, and Ash is Baby. And since you girls will be dressing up as a British girl group, it's only fitting that the AA guys dress up as an American boy band. And by the way, it's been decided that you guys are dressing up as the New Kids On The Block."

The girls busted out into giggles, much to the protests of the guys.

"We wanted to pick a Canadian band, but we couldn't decide on one, so that's what we went with. That will be one part of the shoot. There will be individual shots of course, the cover shot and you girls will also take a duo shot with your AA equal. For example, Corinne you're RE's vocalist, so you'd take a photo with Danny, and so forth. Since you girls are Canadian, we figured it would be appropriate to somehow work the Canadian flag into the shot. Lastly, there's the interview the band will do with the magazine, Ash & Anne will interview Ben and Danny, and we're bringing in some fans to do the 'In The Firing Line' feature with the band."

Everyone nodded their agreements, and turned to their much needed breakfast, all hoping to rid themselves of their hangovers. First up, was the girls individual shots and a group shot, which would be used for pin ups in a future issue of the magazine. They headed for makeup and wardrobe to get prettied up, and then to pick out an outfit. The girls all ended up with bustier/corset type tops, leggings or jeans, and a pair of heels or studded sneakers. All the guys watched, lust in their eyes, as the girls struck various poses for the cameras. Once everyone was satisfied with their shots, the girls stayed in the outfits for their photos with their AA counterparts.

First up, was Ash and Sam. For the shot to work, Ash removed the JC Litas she wore for her individual shot, as the idea was for Sam to hold her bass, high above her head, out of her reach. The shoot was momentarily halted, as Ash jumped to make the shot work, and lost her footing when she landed. Gingerly, she got up and took a couple more shots, before they got a shot they were pleased with. Ash hobbled off set, as Anne and James took their place. The plan was to have James stand there, arms crossed and unimpressed look on his face, while Anne held a pair of drumsticks to his neck. It seemed like it was the day for all the girls to hurt themselves, as Anne tripped over some wires, and Jess slipped trying to catch her and prevent her from hitting the ground.

"It's just not our day is it?"

Mateja mused, as she and Ben took their spots, and waited for their props. The plan for their shot, was to have to each holding pieces of a broken guitar. They would also be glaring at each other, as if they were blaming each other for breaking the axe. To continue the bad luck, Mateja cut her hand on the edge of the broken guitar piece she held. Jess and Cam got set up next. They had their guitars hanging on their backs, and each chunks of each other's hair in their grip. Corinne and Danny went last. Danny sat on a chair, while he was tied up with microphone cords. Everyone either shook their heads or laughed, when Danny made the comment, that being tied up was turning him on.

They took a break to change up the set, and so the girls could get gussied up to look like the Spice Girls. Ash got fitted for a blonde wig, while Anne, Jess, Corinne and Mateja all got the appropriate extensions put in. Ash and Anne both hobbled over to where the cameras were set up, and the AA boys waited, each dressed up as a member of the NKOTB.

"Good lord, how did anyone ever walk in these?!"

Anne grumbled, referring to the platform boots, the Spice Girls were known to wear when they first became big. The girls posed in front of a green backdrop, onto which a Canadian flag would be superimposed during editing. They snapped a few solo images of the girls, and another group shot, before they were asked to change into the next set of Spice Girls' get ups. Three costume changes later, one of which included cheerleaders uniforms and pom-poms, and the girls were finally sitting down to take their last shot a la the Spice Girls.

"I really like this one. Can I get a copy?"

Jess asked, as they scanned all the pictures that they had taken. The picture in question, was the one they had just taken. It was just a simple shot of all the girls, sat together and smiling.

"Of course. You girls will get printed copies of the shots that will be used in the magazine itself, and a disc with all of the pictures we took."

RS' editor Ben told them, as they started to change out of their get ups, and took a break to eat. After a feast that was catered by the nearby Raoul's Gourmet, they started with the first interview segment, which was the In The Firing Line feature with the select fans that RockSound brought in. They all introduced themselves, then everyone got settled in and ready to answer questions.

"What would you be doing with your life if the band didn't exist?"

"We'd all be prostitutes for sure!" Ash quickly scrawled on a pad of paper. "I'm kidding, that's a total lie." She quickly added. Jess laughed, before she answered, "we'd probably be doing what we were already doing aside from the band, before we got the opportunity to play Uproar. Ash and I were bartenders, and we also worked at the same tattoo shop. Ash did tattoos and I did piercings."

"Did you two really? Would it be possible for me to have work done by you guys?" Asked the same fan, who posed the question to them. Ash and Jess looked over at Larry and Natalie, who both said that there should be some time to do it the next day before the show.

"Where were we? Oh yeah, jobs and stuff. Well, I worked for a music magazine and taught French lessons to people. I'd probably do that, that and photography. What about you gingey?"

Anne continued.

"I taught French with Anne, and also gave Voice lessons at the local music school. I think I'd want to do something in the travel industry. It seems fun and I would really like to travel the world someday."

"I think we'd all be teachers of some sort." Mateja continued. "I gave guitars lessons at the same music school, Cor gave voice lessons at. Owning my own clothing line is something I've thought of at one point, so I still really want to do that. Or be a record producer or have my own label. That would be kick ass."

"I thought you were going to say, that you wanted to be Batman."

Jess added, referring to Mateja's love of the Caped Crusader.

"That too!" Mateja replied, as she took out a Batman mask that she found in warehouse's prop bin and put it on. They answered all the fans' questions, which produced many laughs from everyone there, as the subjects ranged from pranks they've pulled on each other, their most embarrassing moments on stage, and their most meaningful tattoo.

"I think this is my favourite question!" Jess exclaimed, as a fan produced a case of beer and asked if the band would chug one with them. Everyone nodded in agreement, as they each took a bottle and popped the caps off. They clinked their bottles together, and started to chug, with Ash and Jess finishing first. Once everyone was done, they cleaned up and took one last group photo with the fans, before the magazine escorted them out.

"What's the point of this interview again?" Ben jokingly asked, as he and Danny sat down with Ash and Anne.

"To find out their deepest and darkest sexual desires, DUH!" Danny replied, as he wiggled his eyebrows in the girls' directions. Larry shook his head and laughing, feeling that this interview was going to be one that the magazine would have trouble deciding if it should print or not. And his feeling was spot on. A few of the things talked about was orgies, the use of sex toys, and their ultimate fantasies. Which veered totally off course, from the music oriented questions they were supposed to be talking about. Larry and Ash, somewhat jokingly, threatened to wash their mouths out with soap, unless they got back on subject, because they all still had to sit down with the magazine. They did as told, and after another brief break for dinner, they finally sat down with the magazine.

They talked about everything from growing up in Toronto, the trials and tribulations of starting the band, and getting it to where it is now, and where they hope to go in the future. Things got a little quiet, and emotional, when they asked Ash what would happen if it turned out she needed surgery on her vocal chords.

"I hope it never comes to that, because I've heard of people losing their abilities after having that kind of surgery. And I don't know what I would do, because it's sort of all I know. It's my whole life, and I would be completely lost if that happened to me."

She scribbled out. Another hour of questions, and they were finally done for the night.

"Damn, have we really been here for this long?!"

Anne exclaimed, as they walked out to the bus, in the pitch black of the night. Larry nodded yes, before telling them that going out and partying that night was forbidden. They needed to be alert and ready for the first show of tour the next day. The bus dropped the guys off at the end of Danny's street, and then pulled into the hotel, where Brian decided that he wanted to spend some alone time with Anne.

"Sorry munchkin."

He whispered, as that meant that Ash and Johnny would have to share a room. She shrugged as she watched Anne grab a change of clothes, and leave their room with Brian, and Johnny made himself comfortable with the remote on Anne's bed. Ash snuck a peek at Johnny, before she sighed and turned to face the wall, wishing for sleep to overcome her.