Sequel: Second Heartbeat

Radiant Eclipse

What Happens In Europe ...

xx

The next morning, there was an early lobby call, as they still had to drive to the next city.

"Is everyone here? Do you have all of your things?"

Larry asked, as everyone piled into the lobby. They all nodded yes, and headed outside to the buses. Once the girls were all packed into their bus, the guys into theirs, and the buses on the road, everyone went up to their bunks and right back to sleep. When the bus pulled up to the venue in Birmingham, Ash was the first to wake up. After checking that it was okay with Larry, Ash grabbed her lyric book, and headed to the nearest Starbucks. Sitting in the corner, with a tea and scone, she started to write out words that she hoped the band would like. A half hour had passed, when Ash felt people sit down at the table with her. She looked up, to see that she was surrounded by Danny Worsnop, Corinne, and M Shadows.

"Whatcha got there?"

Danny asked. Ash put down her pen, pushed the book towards them, and waited for them to read what she had done so far.

"May I?"

Ash handed Danny her pen, as he, Corinne, and Shads each took turns adding words and music of their own.

"You know what? I think we have a new song right here"

Matt announced, an hour later, once their drinks had gone cold, and they had three and a half pages of lyrics and music.

"Sweet! I think we should get back now though. Before Larry sends out a search party."

Corinne mentioned, after she looked at her watch. They gathered their things, and hurried back to the venue, barely avoiding the horde of fans that had already gathered. Ash nearly ran into Johnny on his way to soundcheck, and smiled at him. That smile quickly turned to a frown, when Johnny scowled at her, and walked away. As soon as they got into their dressing room, Corinne grabbed Ash's lyric book to show the others what they had worked on. Ash took the chance to grab her headphones and bass, then tuck herself into a corner, until it was their turn to soundcheck.

"Are you okay?"

Ash, who looked up to see Mateja staring back at her, shrugged and shook her head no.

"Want me to beat up short shit for you?"

As much as she tried to fight it, Ash couldn't help but break out into a fit of silent giggles. She gave Mateja the thumbs up, and a devious smile quickly appeared on the guitarist's face. Each girl stayed in their respective corners, either tinkering with their instruments, or emailing friends and family back home. That was until they were asked to get to the stage, and bring their instruments with them. They got there to see the guys from Asking Alexandria, practicing what sounded like "Living On A Prayer" by Bon Jovi.

"You came!"

Danny called out.

"Well we needed to see what you wanted."

"We wanted to know if you girls would like to play 'Living On A Prayer' with us."

The girls looked at each other, then told Danny they'd do it. Each girl paired up with their AA counterpart, to work out who would do what. Half an hour later, and they had successfully played through the song twice. The girls then stepped back into the hallway, to let AA finish their soundcheck, and wait their turn.

"Girls! Club night tonight! Get fancy!"

Jimmy told them, before he kissed Mateja's head and walked off. Not long after, AA walked off stage and the girls helped to set up their equipment. After a quick run-through of their set for the night, everyone scattered to do their own thing. Ash laid down for a nap in their dressing room, Jess got into the shower with Zacky, and the rest of the girls joined the poker game that the rest of the Avenged and AA guys had going. Or rather, they watched while the guys played.

"So, what club are we hitting up later?"

Jess asked, once she and Zacky finally joined everyone.

"This place that Oli from Bring Me, is deejaying at. The name is currently evading my mind though."

Ben answered, as he folded his hand. After Matt cleaned house at poker, everyone scattered to go and get ready for the show.

"Ooh, whatcha writing now?"

Anne asked Ash, after she got out of the shower. Ash had already showered and gotten dressed, and was writing in her lyric book yet again. She gave the book to Anne, and waited for her drummer's reaction.

"Oh. My. God. I love it. I don't know how Larry will react, but I think it's brilliant. Let me get dressed first, because I have something I want to add."

Anne quickly dressed, and put on some light makeup, and while she added lyrics of her own, Ash straightened her hair for her. Once everyone was showered, dressed and ready for the show, they sat around practicing "Living On A Prayer" until it was time to hit the stage. Like the night before, Danny came and took a portrait of the girls before they went on. They took to the stage, and everything was going well, until a fan threw a water bottle onto the stage. The cap flew off, and water started to spill everywhere. While the Berry brothers, were hurriedly trying to wipe it all up, Ash managed to slip on the puddle and hit her head on the edge of the ego riser. She was immediately surrounded by Larry, Dan the Body, Shads, Brian and Jimmy.

"How many fingers am I holding up?"

Asked the paramedic, who eventually joined them.

"She's on vocal rest, she can't answer."

Larry answered for her. Slowly, Ash raised three fingers to match the ones that the medic had held up. After shining a light into her eyes, and testing her reflexes, the medic still insisted on taking her to the hospital just as a precaution. The decision was made to cancel the rest of the girls' set, and to just play "Living On A Prayer" whenever Ash felt better. Anne climbed into the ambulance with her, and promised to call and let them know what the doctor said. When the AA guys took to the stage, they implored the crowd to refrain from throwing anything onstage, as did the guys in Avenged. Post show, they were all getting ready to go out when Anne and Ash finally walked back into the room.

"So what's the verdict?"

"Six stitches and a mild concussion. Has to be woken up every hour. Also recommended that she sit out the next show."

Anne replied to Larry, as she and Ash sat on the couch.

"I can learn your songs if you want to, so you'll still have a bass player tomorrow."

Sam offered, as he fixed the collar on his jacket.

"We'd be forever indebted to you, if you could."

Jess smiled at him.

"Is everyone still going out?"

"She's insisting we all go. But I think I'll stay behind, and make sure she's okay."

Larry nodded on Anne, as everyone packed up their personal effects and carried them out to the buses.

"Do you want me to stay with you?"

Brian asked Anne, as everyone waited for the cars to come pick them up.

"It's okay. You go with them, we'll be alright here. I think we're just going to lounge around and work on some lyrics."

"Are you sure?"

"Yes! Feel free to bring back some food though!"

Brian rolled his eyes at Anne, but continued to hold her in his arms, until the cars arrived. He kissed her, then jumped into the car with Matt, Corinne, and Johnny. Anne got back into the girls' bus to see Ash sprawled on the couch, with her lyric book, her bass, and a giant bowl of monster munch. She brought out her drum pad and a pair of sticks, and the girls spent the better part of an hour fleshing out a song, that they had tentatively titled "Fuck You To Death."

"I'm almost afraid to show this to Larry."

Anne giggled, as she looked over the lyrics again, once the girls put their instruments away, and half paid attention to the Doctor Who marathon that played on the TV. It was nearly four am, when everyone came staggering back to the bus, and the girls were fast asleep on the couch. Dan the Body and Matt, who were the most sober of them all, carried the girls up to their bunks, before Dan went back to the guys' bus and Matt joined Corinne in her bunk. While the bus got on the road to the next town, and everyone was now fast asleep, Ash's alarm was going off. She and Anne had set it to go off every hour, in case Anne didn't wake up to make sure Ash was okay. The bus pulled up to the venue in Liverpool just before seven that morning, and was greeted by a small group of fans that had apparently spent the night outside in a tent.

"Why are we up this early?!"

Jess mumbled, as all the girls, minus Ash gathered on the lower level of the bus. It was now half past eight, and Matt and Brian had just stumbled down the stairs and joined the girls.

"I don't know. Should we go get food?"

"Food sounds great. Let's go!"

Slowly, they all got up, and bundled up, then headed out to the nearest diner they could find. After filling themselves up on a traditional English breakfast, and getting a few to go for Ash, Jimmy, Zacky and Johnny. After putting Ash's breakfast, plus a mug of tea and honey in her bunk, Anne climbed back into her bunk with Brian, and everyone went back to sleep until it was time for soundcheck. While Avenged were going through their set for the night, the girls ran through their set with Sam, who had gotten up early to work on learning their set. As that happened, Larry got into the girls' bus with a doctor that the venue had called to come, so they wouldn't have to go looking for one. He filled the doctor in on what had happened to Ash the previous night, before going to get her out of her bunk. After asking a series of questions, and testing all of her reflexes, the doctor said that Ash should be okay to play the next night in Manchester. But as long as she was on the painkillers she was prescribed, she had to refrain from drinking.

"Are you going to come inside for the show?"

Larry asked Ash, after they had thanked the doctor and Larry saw him back to his car. Ash shrugged like she wasn't sure, and went back to her bunk. Inside, the girls were preparing to play their first show without Ash.

"You girls alright?"

Sam asked, as they set up the girls' equipment.

"Yeah. I think. I mean it's not that we don't appreciate what you're doing for us, because we do. It's just weird to not look over and see Ash standing there."

Jess replied, as she strummed a few bars of Radiant Eclipse. The girls, plus Sam, took the next forty five minutes to run through the girls planned set for the night. Since there was quite a bit of time before doors, everyone took the chance to just sit back and relax. Except for Sam, Jess, and Cameron who decided to venture out of the venue. But just before they made it out the doors, they were stopped by Larry and Ash Avildsen.

"Where do you think you three are going?"

"Out."

"No you're not."

"But we're bored!"

Cameron whined.

"Doesn't matter. Local paper wants a few shots and some words with everyone. Jess can you go get Ash off the bus?"

Larry asked, as he walked off to get everyone else. Since it had started to rain, they took over the main venue floor while it was still empty. Once everyone was gathered together, the paper asked to get pictures of everyone gathered by what instrument they played, then by what band they were in. As the pictures were finished being taken, those who weren't doing the interviews found themselves quite bored. Spying a dolly that was being used to cart merch and whatnot around, Cameron sat on it and started to spin himself in a circle. That was until he smashed into the wall of the bar. He laid on his stomach, on the dolly, and that's when Sam and Jess each grabbed a leg and started to spin him in a circle.

"WHAT THE ACTUAL BLOODY FUCK?!"

Danny yelled, when Cameron crashed into his legs and knocked him to the ground. Ash and Larry looked over at the commotion, and almost looked like they were ashamed to be associated with any of the band members in the room. Well, at least the ones that were acting like they were five. While Danny wrestled with Cam, and Jimmy and James threw down bets on who would win; Sam got on the dolly and Jess grabbed his legs and started to spin him around. And just as she let him go, it looked like he was about to go barreling into Ash, who stood having a "conversation" with Zacky. But before he could make contact with her, Johnny pushed Ash out of the way and let Sam go barreling into a bunch of bar stools, knocking them over as if they were bowling pins.

"Do I even want to know what the fuck you're doing?"

Larry asked, as he walked over to investigate the commotion.

"You know what, I don't even want to know. Just clean up this mess, and stop it."

He walked away, rubbing his temples, as he muttered something about not being a babysitter. Cameron and Jess helped Sam up, then picked up all the stools that had been knocked over. Ash decided to take a seat next to Anne, while Zacky pulled Johnny aside.

"So what was that all about?"

"What was what about?"

"Don't play stupid with me short shit. Pushing Ash out of the way. When are you going to admit it already?"

"I have no idea what you're talking about."

"Sure you don't."

Zacky retorted, as Larry had called him over so the paper could get a few words. Once the reporter was satisfied with what he got, he thanked everyone, and hurried to put his things away so he could come back and watch the show. Each band headed to their dressing rooms to get ready for that night's show, as doors were set to open at any moment.

"Penny for your thoughts mate?"

James asked Danny, as he sat in AA"s dressing room, with a far off look on his face.

"You know, we still need to get those wenches back for the peanut incident."

"What should we do?"

The boys sat around, silently trying to think of something before Sam spoke up. He told them of a joke that his cousin had helped his best mate play on his girlfriend and her friend. They had gotten a few pregnancy tests and put them in the garbage cans, where the parents of the girl and her friend would find them. Of course, the parents had freaked out and even more so, when the girls each vehemently denied that the tests were theirs.

"I think that we should put the tests in our bins, then go to the Avenged guys and say we found them after the girls were on our bus."

"But I don't want any in my bin."

"Why not? Do you need a doctor Sam? Are you scared?"

Danny snorted at this bassist.

"Fuck off mate. I just ... don't want to die. Have you seen his arms?!"

Sam replied, as he referred to M Shadows and his built physique. After the staredown he received during the first night, Sam had chosen to err on the side of caution and tried to not do anything to irk the singer any further. As Ben and Danny each tried to call and enlist a friend to help execute this plan, Ash sat in the RE dressing room, mindlessly picking at the strings of her bass.

"You going to come and watch?"

Jess asked Ash, as they got ready to head towards the stage. When she failed to answer, Jess forced Ash to her feet, and pulled her along. Sam, got into their pre show huddle with them, and before they went on, Ash hugged him, and mouthed thank you. After staying, and miserably watching the first few songs, Ash grabbed her bass from the dressing room and retreated back to the bus. The rest of the night passed in a blur, and since it was again a late bus call, the bands were partying inside Avenged's dressing room.

"Where are you taking me??"

Anne hissed at Brian, as he dragged her into the shower room. IN lieu of answering Brian pressed his lips to hers, and fumbled with the button on her jeans. Meanwhile, the party raged on, as Cameron and James had managed to find, and set up, a karaoke machine. There was laughter all around, as Danny, Zacky and Johnny had tried to take on first, "Don't Stop Believing", then "Eye Of The Tiger". Eventually, the two lovers emerged from their tryst, just in time to catch the highlight of the night. Jimmy had taken on first, "Kung Fu Fighting" complete with jumpkicks and karate chops. He then teamed up with Danny to sing "Def Leppard's "Pour Some Sugar On Me." It was complete with giving Mateja a mock lap dance, which of course led to the guitarist's face beet red. It was nearing their 3:30 am bus call, when everyone finally decided to call it a night. Corinne, Matt, Mateja and Jimmy ended up on the Avenged bus, while Anne, Brian, Jess and Zacky went onto the girl's bus.

The next few weeks passed without much incident, and it was now six days until they would head back home. But for now, everyone was gathered in the Avenged Sevenfold bus, celebrating Johnny Christ's 26th birthday. They had even brought out a custom cake, in the shape of a garden gnome onstage, and got everyone in the Copenhagen crowd to sing Happy Birthday. It had even seemed like the two exes were starting to get along. Ash had gifted him with a set of vintage, European horror films, and it seemed like he was most excited for those. Currently, everyone was on the Avenged bus, drinking and partying the night away. Having finished her medication the day before, Ash was drowning her sorrows in a bottle of tequila, as she watched Johnny grind against a Barbie lookalike. The second she stepped foot on the bus, he had cozied up to her, and they remained joined at the hips ever since.

After seeing that the bottle was now dry, Ash decided to head back to the girls' bus, and just be alone. Just as she was about to get on, someone grabbed her arm and stopped her. Ash spun around to see Johnny looking back at her.

"Can I help you?"

She typed out.

"I wanted to say thank you for the movies, I love them. Also ... I ... uh ... I miss you."

"Really? You have a funny way of showing it."

"Can you really blame me?"

Ash rolled her eyes, and huffed before she typed out a response.

"Look, I know I fucked up, but I admitted it and I apologized. A couple billion times. But it's not fair, that you keep stringing me along like this. Either you want me or you don't."

She pulled her sweater tighter around her, as she waited for his response. What happened, was what Ash had least expected. Johnny pushed her up against the side of the bus, and his tongue begged entrance to her mouth. The tightness in his pants grew, and pressed against her thigh, as Johnny left love bites all down her neck, and mumbled something about going somewhere more private. Ash grabbed his hand, that wasn't holding the bottle of red wine that Jimmy gave him, and led him inside and up to her bunk. While Ash shimmied out of her leather pants, Johnny locked the door, then put the bottle down. He ripped his shirt off, and attached his hands to Ash's hips, and rubbed small circles into them. Ash turned around in Johnny's embrace, and started to nibble on his ear, while he lowered them onto her bunk. Slowly, Johnny stripped them both of their clothing, and made love to the woman that he repeatedly claimed he was over.

An hour later, and the couple lay sweaty and sticky, between the sheets of Ash's bunk. Johnny held her in his arms, his fingers absentmindedly brushing through her hair, when he heard something outside the door. He looked down at her, and carefully eased himself out of the bunk, after making sure she was indeed, sleeping. Quietly, Johnny dressed himself and after making sure Ash was covered with the blanket, he turned to sneak out of the bus. Instead, he ran straight into Mateja, who bore a devious smirk on her face.

"Fuck."