Sequel: Second Heartbeat

Radiant Eclipse

The Cracks Are Starting To Show

  "You know, for someone who's supposedly so OVER her …"

  Mateja started.

  "Is there a point to this?"

  "No need to be snippy short shit. I was just saying. Oh, ho, ho, the guys are going to love this."

  "They're not going to know."

  "What makes you think that I won't tell."

  "Because I will do anything, so …"

  The smile on Mateja's face only grew wider, as she tried to think of something she could blackmail Johnny into doing for her. 

  "For the rest of this tour, when I want something like Starbucks you have to go and get it for me. No sending Dan or one of the Berrys to do it."

  "What if Larry says I can't go?"

  "Only then can you send someone else. And you have to soundcheck for me."

  Johnny groaned, as he weighed his options. 

  "But I'm a bassist!"

  "I could always shout it to the world."

  "Fine. I'll do it."

  Johnny huffed, as he pushed past Mateja and headed back to the Avenged bus, where the party died down within the hour. The next day, proved to be quite chaotic as everyone was fighting hangovers, while trying to soundcheck, do interviews, and just try to get through the day. Just as Avenged finished their soundcheck, and AA was setting up for theirs, Mateja went skipping up to Johnny. 

  "Can I help you?"

  "There's a Starbucks across the street, and I really want a grande iced vanilla latte. And you should really get Ash something too. She's always loved their gingerbread latte, with soy."

  While Johnny grabbed his wallet and jacket, Larry pulled Mateja away to do an interview with a local music zine. Little did they know, the interview would turn out to be not what they were expecting. It started out like any other interview would: the interviewer and interviewee would introduce themselves, exchange niceties. and then get down to business. These interviewers didn't usually end with someone leaving and then bursting into tears. 

  "So, tell me what it's like to a puppet for the Avenged Sevenfold marketing machine?"

  "Excuse me?! Can you --"

  Before Mateja could even continue to answer, she was cut off.

  "Be honest, we all know that the only reason you have any kind of success is because of your looks? And you 'lucked out' by winning a contest, where the judges were the band that wrote the song your band is named after? "

  By now, Mateja was torn between punching the man in the face, and breaking down into tears.

  "You say you credit hard work and perseverance to getting you to where you are today, yet you're all dating a member of the band you're on tour with? Do you plan on sleeping your way all to the top?"

  The interviewer opened his mouth to continue his verbal assault, but was stopped in his tracks, when Johnny walked into the room to give Mateja her the latte she asked for, plus a cupcake that he picked up. Having heard his last two questions, Johnny was forcing himself to pretend he had heard nothing at all, and purposely lingered just outside the door. The interview ended soon after, and as soon as she could, Mateja bolted from the room.

  "Mateja? Are you okay? Do you want me to beat him up?"

  Johnny asked, as Mateja pushed past him. She turned around to show that her eyes were full of tears, that she had held in.

  "Do me a favour, and don't you dare listen to him okay? You girls got to where you are, because you're all hard working and talented as fuck. The fact that we all ended up with each other, is just … icing on the cake. Come on, you guys are up for soundcheck soon."

  "Thanks J-boy."

  Mateja wrapped her arms around him in a brief hug, before they started to head towards the stage. Ash was sitting on top of a road case, bass in hand, when Johnny handed her the latte, and Mateja sat next to her. She smiled at him, but that smile soon disappeared when she turned to her bandmate, to see that her eyes were still red with tears. She put the cup down beside her, and grabbed Mateja's chin, forcing the guitarist to look her in the eyes.

  "Ash? Is there something wrong?"

  Zacky asked, as everyone witnessed the sudden change in Ash's mood. She turned to Zacky, and pointed out the look in Mateja's eyes.

  "What the fuck happened and why were you crying?"

  Zacky was immediately at Mateja's side, while a look of concern clouded his face.

  "Who was crying?"

  Everyone turned around, to see Jimmy, Matt and Larry staring back at them. When he saw the look on his girlfriend's face, Jimmy nearly pushed Zack over to get to her.

  "Babe, what happened?"

  "That stupid interview is what happened."

  "What are you talking about?"

  Larry asked. Mateja took a deep breath, and started to explain the turn the interview had taken, and how it left her feeling.

  "Why didn't you walk out?! I would have!"

  Jess exclaimed, looking visibly upset.

  "Somehow, I thought that would make things worse."

  Mateja pouted, as she buried her face into Jimmy's chest.

  "Do I want to know what you're planning?"

  Larry asked, as he eyed Jimmy.

  "I don't know what you're talking about."

  "Don't bullshit me. I've known you long enough to know when you're plotting something, and boy, you're plotting something."

  "Well, if you must know, then I am plotting how to get back at this guy."

  "You're not doing anything. And before you try to protest, I'm just as pissed off as you are. But at the same time, I really don't want to have to bail you out of a Swedish jail."

  The guys in AA walked off the stage, and it was time for the girls to start setting up their gear. While everyone was distracted with the moving of equipment, the guys in Avenged stood plotting in the corner with the guys in AA, having explained what had  happened.

  "What are you going to do?"

  James asked, as he looked over his shoulder, to make sure Larry couldn't hear them.

  "I wanted to beat him up, but Larry doesn't want to have to bail me out of jail."

  "Does anyone know if he drove here or not?"

  "What does it matter if he drove here or not, gnome?"

  "It matters, because if you can't beat him up, maybe you could slash his tires?"

  A smile slowly appeared on Jimmy's face, as he took a liking to Johnny's idea.

  "Alright, I'm going to go find a knife, someone distract Larry and someone also needs to come with me so we can try to find out where this guy's car is."

  Brian, Matt, Zacky and Danny took care of Larry, while the rest went with Jimmy to locate a knife and the guys car.  It seemed like fate was working in their favour, as they found a large Swiss Army knife, and the reporter was just putting his things away in his car before leaving it for the Starbucks across the street. While Johnny and Sam kept an eye on the door from the venue, Ben, James and Cameron, kept a lookout for the reporter, as Jimmy approached his car and quickly punctured all four tires. Satisfied with his handiwork, Jimmy rushed back inside to rid himself of the knife, by returning it to where he found it. Everyone strolled back inside, and went about their business, even as the reporter started a big commotion once he returned to his car, and found that his tires no longer had air.

  The girls made it through their soundcheck, and their set, without incident, and were currently rocking out, as the Asking Alexandria boys bounded about the stage. Suddenly, they claimed to have a surprise for everyone, including the girls, and said they'd be right back.

  "Do I even want to know what they're up to?"

  Corinne whispered to everyone.

  "Probably n-- OH MY GOD!"

  Jess practically screamed, when the guys came back onstage dressed in their clothes, each with wigs, and hastily, and horribly done make up jobs. The girls were floored, as the guys flounced about, dressed as them; imitating them. James had on a giant afro wig to imitate Anne's hair, and Sam had lowered a mic stand, and got onto his knees to mimic Ash's short stature. Ben wore a wig and Mickey Mouse shirt just like Mateja's, while Cameron wore a VU top and make up to look as pale as Jess did. The showstopper had to be Danny parading around as Corinne. He had his hair in pigtails, and was clad in cowboy boots, short shorts, and had a plaid button up shirt, tied up and around a bra that had been stuffed to look like Corinne's ample bosom.

  "I don't know if we should be mad that they got one up on us or ..."

  Corinne trailed off, as everyone around her, the rest of the girls included, died of laughter. The boys played the rest of their set like that, and nearly died laughing themselves, when some of the toilet paper used to stuff Danny's bra started to fall out of his top and Danny picked it up and stuffed it back in. By the time the guys walked off of the stage, everyone was wiping the tears from their eyes. They all gathered in AA's dressing room, still in awe of what had just transpired.

  "So, Brian, did you want to do me here or bent over my drums?"

  James, who was still dressed as Anne, wig and all, asked Brian which caused everyone who had a drink in their mouths to spit them out all over the place. The laughs continued, as Cameron sidled up to Jess and threw an arm around her shoulder.

  "Before you even say anything, I would never, EVER show up with legs that hairy."

  Cameron busted out laughing, before he kissed Jess' cheek then headed for the showers. Ash just looked at Sam, and shook her head, all the while a huge smile graced her face. 

  "So, what do you think?"

  Danny asked, as he walked up to Corinne. 

  "Can I touch them?"

  "Only if I can touch yours."

  "Absolutely not."

  Matt interjected, causing snickers and giggles to echo around the room.

  "Well?"

  Ben asked, as he appeared next to Mateja. 

  "Well what?"

  "Do I get a pass for being a suitable impersonator or what?"

  "Depends."

  "On what?"

  "If Jimmy would bang you or not."

  Mateja then called Jimmy over so she could ask him. 

  "Sup?"

  "We're trying to see if Ben is a worthy impersonator or not. Would you bang him?"

  Mateja asked, with a giggle, as Jimmy looked Ben up and down. 

  "Your bunk or mine?"

  Even Larry couldn't help but bust out laughing, as he tried to corral the Avenged guys into their own dressing room and ready for their set. Once the girls retreated to their own dressing room, and the guys in Avenged took to the stage, everyone was left to their own devices. As M Shadows and company entertained the Swedish crowd, the girls started to plot how they would get Danny, Ben, Cameron, Sam and James back. 

  "I still don't know what we'll do to get them back, but it has got to be something huge."

  Corinne grumbled. as they packed up their things. 

  "Don't worry. We'll think of something and it'll be amazing."

  Anne assured her, as they started to drag things out to their bus. After catching the tail end of Avenged's set, everyone packed up, signed for a few fans, then piled onto their buses and headed to Stockholm. The next morning, Ash was fleshing out the bass line of the song she and Anne were working on, when a new twitter notification popped up on her phone.

  "Direct from @kevineffinskaff: My favourite midget. Think we can get a hookup for the show unite?

  D kevineffinskaff Hello to you too K. Where u at? Who's we?

  Direct from @kevineffinskaff: The band. Just the five of us

  D kevineffinskaff alright. Give me a few.

  Ash put her bass down, grabbed a hood and went to find Dan the Body. After securing passes for them, Ash padded out to the edge of the parking lot where the guys in ADTR waited. Since they had their backs to her, Ash got a running start and jumped onto Kevin's back, nearly knocking him to the ground in the process. 

  "What?! You can't actually say hi?!"

  Josh faked being offended, when Ash just waved then hugged everyone. She flipped him off, before she typed out that she was on vocal rest. After giving them their passes, Ash led them over to the girls' bus, where the other girls could be seen preparing breakfast.

  "HONEY, I'M HOME!"

  Neil yelled out, once they got on the bus. The rest of the girls squealed, then hugged Jeremy, Kevin, Neil, Josh and Alex hello. A blush crept up Mateja's face, as she hugged Kevin, and lingered longer in his embrace. In the early days of Radiant Eclipse, and when Kevin was still in Four Letter Lie, he and Mateja were a couple. They only split up because of the distance; especially with Kevin moving to Orlando to join A Day To Remember.

  "What's with that look? What are you plotting? Is it an arrestible offence?!"

  Anne interrogated Corinne, from her spot on the table next to Neil. Corinne just smiled before she explained to the guys in ADTR what had happened the night before, and her idea. 

  "OH MY GOD IT'S PERFECT!!!"

  Jess yelled out, in between a fit of giggles. While Ash and Anne procured five pairs of Asking Alexandria short shorts from their merch guy, Jess, Mateja and Corinne told them what had happened with Mateja's interview.

  "What a fucking dick! Did you hit him at least?!"

  Kevin asked, the concern for his ex evident on his face. 

  "I wanted to."

  Mateja pouted, before she leaned her head on Kevin's shoulder. Once Ash and Anne returned with the shorts, the guys slipped them on under their clothes, and they all lounged around the bus until it was time to head in, get settled in their dressing room and do sound check. 

  "You two were looking pretty close on the bus."

  Corinne whispered to Anne, as she stretched before sound check. She was referring to Anne and Neil, who sat next to each other on the bus, and were in deep conversation about something. 

  "So? What's it to you?"

  Anne replied, which caused Corinne to frown before she mumbled something in French, that Anne didn't like. Before anyone could register what had happened, both girls were arguing in French. As quickly as they could, Ash and Jess got in between both girls and forced them to stop. 

  "I don't know why you're making such a big deal over nothing? Things were a lot different before you joined the band."

  Anne glared at Corinne, just as Larry and Avenged Sevenfold came walking up to them. 

  "Is there a problem ladies? And what are you guys doing here?"

  Larry asked. 

  "We were in town and wanted to visit."

  Jeremy answered Larry, referring to he and his band mates. 

  "And ladies, excuse but I swore I heard you say before you joined the band?"

  "Oh boy, I thought we told you. Corinne isn't our original singer. She ditched us right as we went into the studio, and our producer suggested Corinne and it's history from there."

  Jess told Larry, the little, mostly forgotten, tidbit of Radiant Eclipse history. While the guys went off to do an interview, the girls finally took to the stage to do their soundcheck. They were about halfway through, when the idea of the girls covering an A Day To Remember song was floated around. 

  "What about I'm Made Of Wax Larry?"

  Anne suggested from her perch, behind her kit.

  "That sounds sick. Who's going to be me and who's going to be Mike?"

  Jeremy asked, as he referred to the screaming verse between himself and Mike Hranica from The Devil Wears Prada. 

  "Anne could be Mike and could be you. And Alex, maybe you could jump in on drums when that happens?"

  Corinne answered. Alex readily agreed, and they spent the next twenty minutes rehearsing the song before they were satisfied with how it sounded. After soundcheck, everyone retreated to the girls' dressing room, to shower and get ready for the night ahead. 

  "Oh my God, do you guys remember that one tour where we had to share two RVs?! I think it was RE, ADTR, Four Letter Lie and Mandy K?"

  Jess asked everyone, as the guys sat around, while the girls dressed.

  "When all of our vans broke down?! And we all had to take turns driving and sharing the beds?! Holy fuck, that was so long ago."

  Kevin mused, as he remembered sharing majority of the driving duties with Ash, Mateja, Tom Denney, Jeremy, and FLL's singer, Brian Nagan.

"I still remember the day we walked into the RV looking for our drivers, and you were all squished into one bed, snoring and drooling on each other."

Jeremy laughed, recounting the time Mateja, Kevin, Ash and Brian, all squeezed onto one double sized bed.

"Man, not that I minded sharing, but I'm sure glad we have our own bunks now."

Anne laughed from her spot next to Neil, where she started to roll her neck and wrists, to get limbered up for the set. Seeing that, Neil started to rub Anne's shoulders and  she didn't make any moves to stopped him. Corinne went to say something, but before she could, Dan came and told them that they needed to head to the stage. As everyone got stretched out and limbered up, Corinne eyed Anne and Neil, who still looked a little too close for comfort.

"T'es vraiment une pute!"

She muttered, which caused the girls to all fall silent, and Anne to glare at her. Before Dan could even comprehend what was going on, both Anne and Corinne started to bicker with each other in French. And being the only other one to fluently speak it, it frustrated Ash to no end, to not be able to say anything to stop them. Finally, Dan was able to get in between them and put a temporary stop to the bickering, by pointing out that their walk on music had started. The girls put in their in-ears, got into their huddle, and walked onto the stage. They played their set with the same reckless abandon they always had, and after a short break, it was finally time for their finale, which would be their cover of "I'm Made Of Wax Larry, What Are You Made Of?"

"So, we have a special surprise for you all. If you couldn't already tell, our friends in A Day To Remember are here …"

Corinne had to pause, as the crowd flipped their lids at the site of the boys.

"And as a treat, for our last song of the night, we're going to play a little song called 'I'm Made Of Wax Larry, What Are You Made Of?' Stockholm, you've been great and we hope to be back sooner than later."

As soon as Corinne finished talking, the girls tore into the song, much to the delight of the ADTR boys and the crowd. The highlight of the song had to be, when Anne emerged from behind her drum kit and Alex Shelnutt took over. She and Corinne eyed each other, as they each held a mic in hand and stared the other down, like Jeremy and Mike did in the video. After a deep breath, and a cough, the girls started to scream the song exactly how it was done, by their male counterparts. The crowd went crazy as the girls finished the song, took a final bow and walked off the stage. The tension in the air was palpable, as Corinne made a beeline into the dressing room and the showers, while Anne stayed back with Ash, talking to her in French. Slowly, but surely, the girls got showered and changed and waited for AA to take to the stage so they could enact their revenge.

"Are you guys ready?"

Mateja called out to the guys of ADTR, as they had changed into the Asking Alexandria shorts that the girls had secured earlier. They all broke out into a fit of giggles, as Jeremy, Kevin, Neil, Josh and Alex strutted out of the showers. After they made sure that the hallway was clear, they all crept towards the stage, where they could hear Danny talking to the Swedish crowd. And as soon as the band started to play Not The American Average, they gave the ADTR guys the okay to go out there. There were tears on the girls' face, as the guys in Asking Alexandria were so startled, that they had to stop playing the song.

"OH IT'S ON LIKE DONKEY KONG!"

Danny yelled in their direction, as they ran away, before they restarted the song. After a talking to from Larry, the girls packed up their dressing room and headed for a dance party on their bus. Eventually they were joined by Dan The Body and Avenged, after the guys finished their set. Jimmy was currently sitting on the stairs, boring a hole into Kevin's back, as Mateja currently hung off his every word. The look on his face took on an even more sour look, as "I'll Make Love To You" by Boyz II Men came up on shuffle, and Kevin started to sing it, which caused all the girls to swoon over him.

"Man, now I can really saw what you saw in him before."

Jess giggled, as she shot a video of Kevin singing.

"What do you mean, what she saw in him before?"

Jimmy asked.

"Kevin and I used to be together a long time ago. But you have nothing to worry about, I'm with you now."

Mateja told him, as she went and sat in his lap. As the night went on, the drinks flowed, and currently, Ash danced with Josh and Kevin, and Anne with Neil while "Beautiful" by Akon, Colby O'Donis and Kardinal Offishall blared throughout. Matt and Corinne had long escaped to Corinne's bunk, while Jess and Zacky were making out in the corner, and Jimmy had dragged Mateja back to the boys' bus. With the European tour winding down, the girls were looking to let loose and have some fun, before heading back home for a Canadian tour with Three Days Grace and Theory Of A Deadman. And of course, little did they know, the guys in Asking Alexandria had come up with what they called, the prank to end all pranks,
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments? PLease? <3